More haste or not

Ok so, i currently wear the 264 legs from Dreamwalker and I am wondering if i should replace them. I sit at a little more than 800 haste rating so i know i cannot reduce my GCD's any more but more haste is more haste. I am a very situational minded person so i do alot of swapping based on encounter. I recently picked up the mail legs from PP 10 HM (damn plate ones will not drop) which have 96 haste on them, putting me over 900. Should i swap those with the ones i am currently wearing and reduce my mp5 by 50? In most fights i wouldnt even notice the missing regen as i sit around 43k mana in raids (using a solace). I am currently in my protection spec as i tank 10 man HM's so i cannot link my armory in holy. Thanks in advance for any tips ;D

Re: More haste or not

I don't have the gear you have but I can't imagine not wanting as much haste as I could possibly get.

Obviously everything is a trade off to some extent, and it depends on what your mp5 is like, but I would imagine your mp5 is more than adequate and that you'd get more bang for the buck from upping your haste as long as your mp5 is solid enough to support that kind of throughput.

900 Haste is pretty low at this stage in the game. You want to get all you can get. GCD cap is worthless. Don't even pay attention to it. Your HL is what you should be casting 4 out of every 5 casts. HL Haste cap is near to 1800 Haste. So keep going. The HM 10m PP legs are very nice. The Crit/Mp5 ones off DW are terrible.

Our gear prio goes like:
    Haste/Mp5 > Haste/Crit >>> Crit/Mp5

Each ">" represents roughly 10 ilevels (aka - a 277 Haste/Crit may be better than a 264 Haste/Mp5).

The nice part is that there is no balancing act for us to worry about. We don't have any caps. So you can evaluate each piece of gear on its own merits. Is the thing that just dropped better than what you have one? If so, then wear it. There's no Hit cap or Expertise cap or Defense Cap for us to worry that if we put on X, we'll have to replace Y too. What this means is that everything you wear should have Haste on it. You really should be avoiding Crit/Mp5 like the plague.

I'm pushing up against 1100 Haste right now and am always looking to get more.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Thanks fire. Holy is honestly my off spec but its pretty damn well geared since my guild needs me to heal in 25's but we will see. The majority of the good haste stuff has went to casters since i have had to maintain 2 very high sets of gear and i constantly stay at low epgp standings. We have done some rebuilding lately and the new people pass me up, they get good stuff, then leave, war of attrition i guess. But thanks for the reply ;D