anything redundant in this macro?

Going into arena shortly and since i suck with a felhound still, wanna try succubus for a bit. so fooling around with my pet macro i came up with this which suits my needs atm.

/clearfocus [mod:shift]
    /focus [target=focus, noexists, nomod:shift]
    /cast [pet:succubus,mod:alt]Seduction;[pet:succubus,@focus, nomod:shift]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt]devour magic;[pet:felhunter,target=player]Devour Magic;

while this works well, it also uses exactly 255 characters. so my question is if there is anything redundant or anything like "@focus" instead "target=focus" that could free up some space if i ever decide to add or replace something in the future?

also, i only did minor testing with this macro using target dummies before coming here, and it only started working when i changed the order of some commands, so if anybody can see something that could cause a problem because of hows its structured, please let me know, i only know enough about programming to let me cut and paste together a working macro from other working macros lol. ty.

Re: anything redundant in this macro?

Well ironically your example of an alternative "@focus" is exactly what has been introduced in a recent patch.
    Macros can now use @ to replace target= - so target=focus does become @focus as you stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Well ironically your example of an alternative "@focus" is exactly what has been introduced in a recent patch.
    Macros can now use @ to replace target= - so target=focus does become @focus as you stated.
    It wasn't an alternative he thought wasn't added. It was his example of "Is there any shorter notation I'm not aware of that would make this more manageable".

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar23
    Going into arena shortly and since i suck with a felhound still, wanna try succubus for a bit. so fooling around with my pet macro i came up with this which suits my needs atm.

/cast [pet:succubus,mod:alt]Seduction;[pet:succubus,@focus, nomod:shift]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt]devour magic;[pet:felhunter,target=player]Devour Magic;

while this works well, it also uses exactly 255 characters. so my question is if there is anything redundant or anything like "@focus" instead "target=focus" that could free up some space if i ever decide to add or replace something in the future?

also, i only did minor testing with this macro using target dummies before coming here, and it only started working when i changed the order of some commands, so if anybody can see something that could cause a problem because of hows its structured, please let me know, i only know enough about programming to let me cut and paste together a working macro from other working macros lol. ty.
    In regards to the bolded part. I believe you can just have [condition 1][condition 2] Spell;
    Instead of listing the spell twice. I am not positive on that and not sure how it works with the other casts after it. I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Deleted

you can replace /cast with /use to save 1 character? =P They are interchangable now.

10+ Year Old Account

on your second line, /focus [target=focus, noexists, nomod:shift], you don't need @focus at all, because you're setting your focus, and wouldn't have one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    on your second line, /focus [target=focus, noexists, nomod:shift], you don't need @focus at all, because you're setting your focus, and wouldn't have one yet.
    I think his goal there is to make sure it doesn't reset his focus unless he doesn't have one, and it is necessary for that. Otherwise his focus would reset each time.

/cast [pet:succubus,mod:alt][pet:succubus,@focus, nomod:shift]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt][pet:felhunter,target=player]Devour Magic;

That macro should do the same thing, but with fewer characters. All I removed was the first "Seduction" cast part and the first devour magic. Give it a shot and make sure it works properly before giving it arena tests though

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    I think his goal there is to make sure it doesn't reset his focus unless he doesn't have one.
    But I think his noexists command accomplishes that, I may be wrong though, I'll have to check wowwiki

Edit: just checked, it is necessary, I didn't understand the method it was using.

But I think his noexists command accomplishes that, I may be wrong though, I'll have to check wowwiki
    If you just do /focus [noexists,nomod:shift] it never resets at all. You are targeting something that you want to be your focus, and it checks if that exists, since it does the condition evaluates to false and it doesn't reset. I just checked in game to be sure.

If what your saying is that i dont need the "target=focus" part of that line, then simply taking it out leaves it broken. I tried the line as...

/focus [noexists, nomod:shift] and the macro wouldn't work, it wouldn't set my current target as focus.

if you were saying something else, please explain.

EDIT: you guys figured it out already while i was typing this , ty guys for your replies, i'll try out the edited macro posted and see how it goes.

If what your saying is that i dont need the "target=focus" part of that line, then simply taking it out leaves it broken. I tried the line as...

/focus [noexists, nomod:shift] and the macro wouldn't work, it wouldn't set my current target as focus.

if you were saying something else, please explain.
    Read the whole thread buddy. We covered that and a change that you can make which will make it work fine

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    you can replace /cast with /use to save 1 character? =P They are interchangable now.
    Oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

Read the whole thread buddy. We covered that and a change that you can make which will make it work fine
    Initial tests seem great, Thank you everyone for your help and cactrot for a streamlined version.

Edit- also, i noticed your macro removed a few spaces here and there so i removed the others in similar areas for a few extra characters, if there is a reason to keep them, please tell me, if not, thx again.

The part with the Seduction modifiers doesn't really make sense.

Seduce your target if you're holding alt, but seduce your focus if you're not holding shift?

I changed it a little to Seduce your target if you're holding alt, otherwise if you're not holding alt to do the focus Seduce, and shortened it a bit more.

/focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [pet:succubus,@focus,nomod:alt][pet:succubus,mod:alt]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt][pet:felhunter,@player]Devour Magic

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    The part with the Seduction modifiers doesn't really make sense.

Seduce your target if you're holding alt, but seduce your focus if you're not holding shift?

I changed it a little to Seduce your target if you're holding alt, otherwise if you're not holding alt to do the focus Seduce, and shortened it a bit more.

/focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [pet:succubus,@focus,nomod:alt][pet:succubus,mod:alt]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt][pet:felhunter,@player]Devour Magic
    If you're doing that, why not change it to
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [pet:succubus,mod:alt][pet:succubus,@focus]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt][pet:felhunter,@player]Devour Magic

Swap the order, remove the mod:alt part altogether for the focus part. If you're holding alt, it's at target, otherwise it's at focus. Same result fewer characters, unless I'm missing something?

Yep I think you nailed it.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If you're doing that, why not change it to
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [pet:succubus,mod:alt][pet:succubus,@focus]Seduction;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter,mod:alt][pet:felhunter,@player]Devour Magic

Swap the order, remove the mod:alt part altogether for the focus part. If you're holding alt, it's at target, otherwise it's at focus. Same result fewer characters, unless I'm missing something?
    the nomod:shift part is needed, otherwise it wont clear my focus when i hold shift, so with that back in, we have...

/focus [@focus,noexists,nomod:shift]

this is great guys, lot of extra room now, ty everyone

the nomod:shift part is needed, otherwise it wont clear my focus when i hold shift...
    If that's the behavior you want, just switch the order of /focus and /clearfocus:

/focus [@focus,noexists]

your right, ty. I didn't even realize thats what it was doing, using training dummies to test it i figured it simply wasn't working at all since it looked like the focus target window never changed.