Other cartels opinions of Bilge water Cartel

What will the other cartels think of the bilgewater cartel lore wise. I would think that they would label them as free loaders of some sort living off the hordes good will.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Other cartels opinions of Bilge water Cartel

won't they cringe at their brethren cause bilgewater lost potential % of the market?

I'd be annoyed, bilgewater will be servicing 100% of the horde's goblin needs for trade etc.

whilst the other ones now have to fight over the alliance trade roots with the consortium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

Bilgewater seems to be going to do a heavy change after Maldy takes his leave. Some of the survivors don't even appear to have originally been in the Bilgewater cartel and the Lost Isles goblins don't seem to be much of a company in the demo.

Presumably it gets completely reformed during Azshara.

The Cartels are companies, big businesses that think money. When they think of the Bilgewater Cartel, they'll probably think of how the lucky bastard made money by extorting a damaging situation into a moneymaking event. I think the heads of the Bilgewater remain "neutral", being the ones that exploited the goblins of Kezan into taking their boats for a fee.

In essence, the business that is the Bilgewater Cartel will be as it always was: a big business that only cares about money. Its relationships with the goblins will remain unchanged.

But what of the survivors of the Bilgewater ships, you ask? Oh, I'd imagine they are not very well liked by the Cartels, including the same Trade Prince who arranged their departure. However, the only thing worse than souring your relationships with only one of the factions is souring your relationship with both, so being hostile with the Horde goblins would not be liable as that would make the Horde stop trading with the goblins. They will suck it up, take it as an economic loss, and continue their sly trading with a duplicitous grin, just as they would any other fellow with a big sack of copper, silver, and gold.
    Vengeance... it is not what you take back. It is what you justly return.

'The Assassin Commoner' - Story
    Magister Adrius Frostglare - Forsaken
    AdriusFrostglare - Deviant Art Page

Witty.

Also, not allowed. I suggest you delete it before someone reports you. I'd not like to see an innocent joke turn into a sour banning.

And I love that sig quote. "I own 51% of you!" Sounds EXACTLY like a goblin.

15+ Year Old Account

you all are crazy... the Bligewater was just chased away from their homes... they lost ALL their stuff and are shipwrecked on the Lost Isle.... and besides from my Understanding the Bligewater cartel is and have been a Cartel that lost most of their trading when the Malestrom tore apart the Isles they lived on in the first Sundering! (mind is a lil rusty of the sotry) Which means they have pretty much been living in solitude.

They have nothing to offer the horde at the time that orc finds them and offers them help...

pretty much have humans attack the goblins... the Orcs step in to help...

the enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Steamwheel Cartel maybe standoffish at first but once they see that the Bligewater Cartel will not be interfering with their trade.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Do link the source of this lore, Conti. I'm interested.

they wont care that much, steamwheedle will be a little pissed maybe since they are taking a lot of their horde customers probably, and venture co would be hostile on principle since theyre greedy bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Adrius Frostglare
    Do link the source of this lore, Conti. I'm interested.
    The quests seem to portray them as having lost most of their stuff, all of the goblins seem to have held low ranks in it with the player being one of its top executives. presumably they make a complete recovery in Azshara and reform the Bilgewater cartel.

http://wow.incgamers.com/blog/commen...ts-spoilers/P2

Interesting... very interesting... I'll agree this is good.

Well, it seems that despite the big executives being present, I doubt it because a) have the fighting prowess to really help, b) seem to have lost their corporate rank, if Dampwick's comment is to be believed.

"Boss! Er, well, I guess you’re not the boss anymore, but still, good to see you!"

and c) While I realize that the starting zones are generally the place where racial leaders remain, I doubt a place as small (and capital-less) as the Lost Isles will be where the racial leader will remain. Azshara - in all its remodeled Horde glory - seems the most likely candidate as his base, but this might just be wishful thinking. Could also end up in Orgrimmar.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Venture Co was somehow involved in the 'evacuation' scam. Come to think of it, its head honcho, Mogul Razdunk, could make an appearance towards the Cata end game. I predict an Austin Powers/Evil Genius-type scenario for a dungeon/raid with Razdunk as the end boss.

The only way they could feel. They are competitors.

I think there won't be friendly relationships. Mainly because now that the horde has it's own carter it doesn't need to buy from another carter , and , the Alliance are probably be all like "no fuck you! you're goblins too! we won't buy from you" which means the other goblin carters lost all the major clients.

10+ Year Old Account

i guess the other goblins are happy they can do more trade with the alliance

however im sure alliance/goblin relations are strained

goblin quest giver asks u to corpse rob some dead gnomes in borean

there is a imprisioned goblin at valgarde in fjord

Steamwheedle is still around and strong with old and new towns giving neutral quests, so at least that cartel doesn't seem to mind. Lore-wise it might shake its head a little, but nothing drastic.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben
    Steamwheedle is still around and strong with old and new towns giving neutral quests, so at least that cartel doesn't seem to mind. Lore-wise it might shake its head a little, but nothing drastic.
    This is probably closest to the truth. Putting Bilgewater Goblins at a serious disadvantage in neutral questing wouldn't make a lot of sense from a gameplay perspective.

Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

accepting. the goblins have worked with the horde for a while. it might help business to have a middle man between the neutral goblins and the horde so if they start selling more materials to the horde it doesn't threaten the neutrality thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Alliance/Goblin relationships have never been cozy, and the Alliance never really ones to do a lot of business with them. Those relations likely won't improve now that one of the factions is solidly joining the Horde. There's bound to be more distrust there even than before. However the other cartels aren't going to shut their doors on the Alliance either since they're still interested in doing maximum business with everyone.

This might actually cause the other cartels to become annoyed with Bilgewater since there's a chance they might be losing more Alliance business, but I'd like to hope that they would at least be understanding of Bilgewater decisions. They're not joining the Horde just for the fun of it, folks. They're joining the Horde because a few Alliance dumbasses decide to try and kill them because they're at the wrong place at the wrong time. :P