Thread: Cluttered UI?

Cluttered UI?

Don't know why, but for some reason I always feel that my UI is messy/cluttered/taking up too much screen space.

Here it is.

Addons:

Xperl - for Player/Target/ToT frames
    Grid - Raid frames
    Quartz - Cast bar
    Powerauras Classic - Icons for cooldowns
    NeedToKnow - ICD bars
    Dominos - Action bars (At the lower left.)
    Ora3 - Maintank bars

The only thing I can think of to help is shrinking things down, which I've done with Grid already (not shown in screenshot).
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Re: Cluttered UI?

you can try using the ultimateshamanUI thats posted on the mmo forums.
    i use it myself for all chars aka from tanking on my warrior to healing on my shaman ect
    it's a easy to install pack where the only thing you need to do yourself is remove the shaman power aurá macro's
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Perhaps replacing the unit frames.
    Shadowed Unitframes are a nice alternative and you can be much more selective in their appearance.
    Turn off the buffs display on your own frame and move it back up nearer the minimap, perhaps using something like Satrina Buff Frames to have adjust, and even toggle off the display of certain buffs you don't really need to see.
    Have a frame with larger icons for debuffs you have, including filtering again to remove what you don't need to see such as Chill of the Throne.
    Moving grid to the opposite side, mirroring your chat effectively.
    Perhaps a chat addon to add a background so improving readability (personal preferance) or at least toggle the display of the scrolling buttons, so that only the scroll to end one is visible at all, and then only when you are not scrolled to the end.
    A minimap replacement to toggle some of the buttons, and allow mousewheel scrolling in and out, so making those buttons redundant.
    If you have buttons you really dont need to see all the time, like buffs, then toggle the bars to be visible on mouseover, or hidden in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I would replace X-perl with Shadowed Unit Frames. Makes everything cleaner looking.

edit: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...it-frames.aspx

I would delete all of your addons, and get TukUI. It takes up no space... Only about 700kb, and you can customize however you want. And it looks amazing.

http://www.tukui.org/v2/

One way of making your UI look less cluttered is getting a viewport addon, like SunnArt, where you put all your UI stuff, and have a smaller area designated for the 3D world only.

LUI imo.

www.wow-lui.com

It's like the tukUI mentioned earlier.. but better. Uses very little memory, extremely functional, and gorgeous.

As long as it doesn't stop you from performing, it really shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways, replace X-perl with SuF, make it show ONLY your own debuffs+all buffs.

The only other thing I can think of is UI scale (video options -> UI scale) or getting a new monitor/increasing the resolution of your current one.

Your UI is very cluttered, indeed. Minimalistic UIs are always the best, and for shadow you can easily go with something like mine:

Get a bigger screen, lower the scale of xPearl (Or Change xPearl to OUF, way better imo), and, if you havent done it, put Ui-scale to the bottom.

Suggesting oUF to people who use x-perl is silly on so many levels.

Pitbull would be a reasonable alternative. Telling people to go code lua, when they on purpose picked the easiest non-Blizzard unit-frame addon there is, is just /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Witchdoctor Win'cape
    Suggesting oUF to people who use x-perl is silly on so many levels.

Pitbull would be a reasonable alternative. Telling people to go code lua, when they on purpose picked the easiest non-Blizzard unit-frame addon there is, is just /facepalm
    Why? oUF got tons of addable layouts to make it look and show w/e you want, and it use way less memory. You want raidframes with that? Grid.

I recommend LUI v3. amazing UI fit for any class and spec.

www.wow-lui.com
    -You must grab life firmly by the balls, softly but firmly
    -let them know you are there
    -but dont scare them, because if you do you're screwed

10+ Year Old Account

LOL wow, if you think thats cluttered, then my UI is a fucking asian buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Before you attempt any radical changes some are suggesting, try these few things.

- Remove the background on those timer bars, and perhaps scale them down and scale the text up a small bit, so it's still easily readable
    - remove the background on grid
    - move your chatwindow over to the side so it hides the buttons, or hide them with an addon if you use one as such
    - consider making your minimap square
    - consider scaling the buffs/debuffs on your unit frames down
    - experiment with the unit frame statusbar textures and fonts, to get something you like that doesn't seem so "loud"

After that, if you still feel the need, scale things down and play with font sizes if you have a hard time reading the information.

I've found that removing unneeded graphics and scaling things down (to the point where they are still readable) will greatly open up the screen space where you see the world and give you that "open" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by pervox
    Get a bigger screen
    I already have a 23" monitor ;p Running WoW in 1920x1080 windowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchdoctor Win'cape
    I tried Pitbull already, even with help from someone who knows how to use it, I still couldn't figure out how to configure it. Hated it.

I'm gonna try moving some things around, shrinking/getting rid of others, and see if that helps.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Alrighty, got:

Forte
    Shadowed Unit Frames

And moved some things around. How's it look now?

2nd: Idle in Dalaran.

Personal preference for unit frames to be lower, and either side of the middle since they are easier to focus on there.
    Forte in middle, with quartz either above or below that. And place the poweraura icons either on the side of the forte bars - or a bit higher up on both sides since they are a bit misplaced atm.
    Bag bar to be visible on mouseover only, or at least have its non-mouseover alpha lowered somewhat so its less distracting.
    Perhaps some chat addon to remove unecessary buttons, particularly the scroll up/down and to have the scroll to bottom button only visible when it is not scrolled to bottom. Will also add useful mousewheel scrolling to it, though that comes in 3.3.5 anyway (about damn time).
    Some minimap replacement would make it fit better style wise, but may not add much in way of desired functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Bag bar to be visible on mouseover only, or at least have its non-mouseover alpha lowered somewhat so its less distracting.
    The addon I have for those bars + actionbars is Razer Naga (though really it's Dominos) and you CAN set show/hide for action bars, but not for Bag bar. =(

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Some minimap replacement would make it fit better style wise, but may not add much in way of desired functionality.
    Don't see the point in having a different minimap, and what does making it square do? It's still there...just a different shape.