Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: I think BRK may be coming back

I hope he comes back, i always enjoyed his satire and fiendish posts.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Do any other famous WoW players i do not know about have an item in game named after them? I think not (please dont list the paragon item and say its after that guild), it wasnt an accident it has BRK in it and the phrase 'Smells faintly of rasberries', also the 4000 is there because i just did quick research and i believe his age is 40....
    The pet vendor in dalaran is named after a the owner of a website. NPC > item.

The only thing I remember about him is when he tried to sell wooden cut outs of a cat on wheels for 40 dollars http://www.wow.com/2009/03/10/spirt-...able-from-brk/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia
    Aka he is big red kitty.
    Also known as he is?

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Krystana
    BRK The Professional Standard
    Manufacturer of residential and commercial heat and smoke detectors, gas and carbon monoxide alarms, and fire extinguishers.

Oh nice, safety man plays wow? o_O
    Hahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Schinto
    Also known as he is?

what?
    It made sense in context, something you took it out of.

wow sum ppl have their heads so deep inside their own asses. nobody gives a fuck whether u did lich king hard mode and hate on brk. people like him because of the lighthearted stuff on his blog. it's got nothing to do with brk being pro. hegot a lot of people rolling hunter and did a lot of helpful basic stuff so people could enjoy the class more. ghostcrawler personally called him and gave him an alpha key, not many players/bloggers get that do they?

and yeh he's back, he's got a new post about the f&F alpha http://www.bigredkitty.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Do any other famous WoW players i do not know about have an item in game named after them? I think not (please dont list the paragon item and say its after that guild), it wasnt an accident it has BRK in it and the phrase 'Smells faintly of rasberries', also the 4000 is there because i just did quick research and i believe his age is 40....
    Since I mentioned Satrina in my original post how about http://www.wowhead.com/item=47080

EDIT:Edited to add a second, since one is never enough. http://www.wowhead.com/item=50072 Named after Landsoul.

I get it but still it means he is known, but anyways yes he did get an aplha F&F beta key from Ghostcrawler to test the hunter class, and since his account isnt activated anymore, he probably cant get a lich king achievement....

If you have played a hunter, you know BRK.

If you don't know BRK, this is probably not the forum for you.

There's a reason he got into the Alphaclysmtm, even after his account being deactivated for this long.

If all those other people got into alpha, great. If not, BRK triumphs in that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh

There's a reason he got into the Alphaclysmtm, even after his account being deactivated for this long.

If all those other people got into alpha, great. If not, BRK triumphs in that category.
    this, now let us pray he stays playing after beta and alpha

10+ Year Old Account

Not that i am jalous or anything, i just don't get why he is so special.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

BRK will be on the hunting party podcast tonight! http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...cast-tomorrow/

Quote Originally Posted by Krystana
    Who the fuck is BRK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Deleted

Still who is brk? Oh wow, a blogger I have heard about but did never had any reason to dig in.

I hope he is as good as a god in findung class bugs and flawed mechanics, so hunters actually are playable and competable from the start without changing gear or adding additional help mid expansion after nerfing them in all aspects defining their playstyle which is to be found anew thanks to a changer ressource system and a hate-love relation between community and developers.

Or in short: he wasnt good, he wasnt necessary, but still he did something - thats what only few can say about them.

I've been playing my hunter for 4,5 years. I don't know BRK.

There. Really what's the big deal? It's a blog. Get over yourselves people.
    That's like me saying "OMG YOU DONT KNOW "BRING ME A SHRUBBERY" QUEST IS MONTY PYTHON REFERENCE? WTF YOU'RE A DUMB RETARD GO AWAY FROM FORUM YOU KNOW NOTHING."

This game is loaded with references. I'd say at least every 5th item / quest has some RL reference. The community around this game is HUGE. It's impossible to keep track of everything.

I'll say it again. Get over yourselves. Be glad you know what BRK is, but don't make it sound like its fundamental law of the universe.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza
    Wow, just wow.
    Funny how you expect everyone to know a random person.

Quote Originally Posted by destructard
    He used to play wow as stated from the very top, its Bigredkitty. He was apparently a really good hunter, and had an item named after him see BRK-1000 from ToC tribute run loot.
    He is a very good writer that played a hunter - he made good noob videos and guides, but I never was under the impression he was particularly good at the game. He got the item because of his notoriety, not because of his skills.

And, the game ruined his marriage - so I don't think anyone should really wish him to return if he's got his life together after having left the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Never heard of him, guess I have to read his blog :P

I guess whether or not you knew of him really depends on how plugged into the whole hunter community you are. If you only visit these and the official forums, you could easily never have heard of him. But if you ever read any of the various hunter blogs out there (warcrafthuntersunion, maniasarcania, aspectofthehare) or even wow.com you most likely came across his name more than a few times. I'm familiar with his work even though I was never a regular reader of his blog (though once I started reading back through it I clearly should have been.)

It's just nice to have more voices out there in the community, so yeah, people will get excited when one comes back. But if you don't know who he was or wasn't a fan of his work, don't bash those who are.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Played 5 years, played in vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and i've grown up without knowing who is BRK,nothing changed for me.
    And if he doesn't come back, nothing will change for me either.