PW:S nerf in bg's?

I wounder if I missed something. I know absorption is reduced by ms effect now 10% or something but just being in a bg seems to lower it. With the pw:s glyph it heals me for 1.3k outside of a bg but only 1.1k after I enter, just for being in a bg...1k~ is a fair amount to lose for no reason.
    Can anyone explain or was it in some patch notes somewhere and I just missed it?

Re: PW:S nerf in bg's?

All healing in arenas and battlegrounds was nerfed by 10% when 3.3.2 came out. The reason was that resilience was also changed,

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Patch 3.3.2 is bringing about a change to the way healing functions in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Wintergrasp. We have applied a debuff to all players in these zones which will decrease the effectiveness of all forms of healing by 10%. This includes heals from items such as Healthstones and potions, however, it will not affect defensive shields or auras. This change is being made to balance the effectiveness of healing against the recent buff we made to the damage reduction component provided by resilience. Rest assured that we will be closely monitoring the effects both the healing and resilience changes have on Battleground, Wintergrasp, and Arena PvP game play to ensure that fights last a reasonable amount of time without overtly skewing the effectiveness of any class, role, or team combination.

The official patch 3.3.2 notes can be found here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...48761862&sid=1
    This caused a lot of outcry since one of the strongest PVP healers just got stronger. So they nerfed PW:S too.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

After further observations of the recent changes made to resilience and healing in PvP, we have made an additional change via an in-game fix so that the PvP healing debuff in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Wintergrasp now also lowers the effectiveness of Power Word: Shield and Sacred Shield by 10%. The majority of other strong shields or damage absorption mechanics are already affected by the healing change, so we feel this new adjustment is an appropriate step in balancing the effects of resilience versus healing. The ultimate goal is to find a better median between PvP encounters feeling too quick from burst damage, or too long from heals, shields, and absorption effects. We will continue to monitor the way these changes play out and let you know if we feel any further changes are needed. As always, feedback based on your PvP experience with these new changes is welcome.
    This debuff will go away in Cataclysm, it's a temporary fix for a system that wasn't easy to balance.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Re: PW:S nerf in bg's?

ah ha I see, thank you.