Catalyst 10.4 issue

hi, I downloaded the Catalyst 10.4 driver yesterday (I'm using an XFX 5700 graphic card)
    I completely uninstalled my previous driver and installed the new one, but now when I try to change the resolution to 1920x1080 (as I did with the old driver, my screen can handle it and so on) it creates a black area on around 1-2 cm all around the screen. If I change the resolution to 1680x1050 or below, it will use the entire screen, and not leave me with the black 'frame'

I hope you understood my problem and someone may know what I can do to fix it

*edit*
    additional info, my screen is connected with a HDMI cable and is a BenQ E2400HD LCD monitor

Deleted

Re: Catalyst 10.4 issue

I dont think thats a problem, i think thats just ur monitors / video/gfx cards resolution limit.

10+ Year Old Account

How is your screen connected to the gfx card? Could be a HDMI under/overscan issue.

edit. ah it was HDMI.. Well then. There is somewhere in the catalyst settings an overscan setting that is used when the software thinks it's needed. Drag that to 0%

15+ Year Old Account

Check your scaling settings

well, before I updated the driver there were no issues, I had 1920x1080 in resolution and it used the entire screen, it didn't make a black frame. So there shouldn't be a limit since I've used it like that before

where do I check my scaling setting?

and just to make clear, this isn't in wow, this is everywhere

15+ Year Old Account

That is an underscan issue with ATi drivers.

• Open Catalyst Control Center
    • On the upper left dropdown, select "Desktops & Displays"
    • At the bottom will be a small picture of a monitor with a small black triangle in the upper right corner of the monitor picture. Click that and select "Configure"
    • Go to the "Scaling Options" tab
    • Move the slider to 0% (all the way toward "Overscan")
    • Your screen should look normal

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    That is an underscan issue with ATi drivers.

• Open Catalyst Control Center
    • On the upper left dropdown, select "Desktops & Displays"
    • At the bottom will be a small picture of a monitor with a small black triangle in the upper right corner of the monitor picture. Click that and select "Configure"
    • Go to the "Scaling Options" tab
    • Move the slider to 0% (all the way toward "Overscan")
    • Your screen should look normal
    hmmm..
    I tried to follow your instructions, I reach the picture of the monitor with the triangle, but when I click it I don't get the "configure" option, I only get: rotate, identify and properties
    If I choose properties it will redirect me to the desktop properties, where I'm only able to change the color, refresh rate and resolution :S

15+ Year Old Account

You're looking at the wrong monitor picture. Use the little one at the bottom, not the big one in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    You're looking at the wrong monitor picture. Use the little one at the bottom, not the big one in the middle.
    god, I'm an idiot XD
    Thank you very much, you just saved my day
    /hug

15+ Year Old Account

I did the same thing when it happened to me. I must've sat there for 10 minutes looking at it before I realized.