Thread: Too many 80s?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Too many 80s?

1 lvl 80, T10/ICC gear. Kingslayer title aswell. Druid Healer/Tank.

Got a lvl 71 dk and 67 mage, but never really bothered with alts since a druid is just about every rold there is, and I love playing it!
    I might level another character like a priest when cata hits, but not right now.
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

I went through all of vanilla and BC with just a shaman, never really got bored, but now in wrath i have 4 80's, 1 is in 4/5 t10 and my main alt is in 3/5. My second alt is badge geared and my fourth somehow got really geared one week in ICC, so hes even more geared than my main... /cry

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I have 4 80's aswell, my warlock is 77 right now., going up!
    I have 2 of them in pretty good gear, on the other 2 I just farm weekly + dailys and sell the Primordial Saronite for some extra gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo
    The point of playing games is having fun. I dont really enjoy leveling so i have only 1 geared toon- my warlock(full tier10).
    I have max leveled many times throughout WoW but each time is was a new account, so I can relate with "not liking leveling" but it's only because I've done it like 6 times.

Now when Cataclysm comes out, I think everyone will enjoy taking up an alt since the leveling experience will be significantly different and new, so I'm waiting until then to start my alt.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    This is what is wrong with WoW.
    What is wrong? I have almost all the classes at 80 big deal? The classes get boring too fast with the current setup so its nice to have a choice. Its not like leveling takes long. I am also good at playing all the classes in the game so I see no problem with having them all.

10+ Year Old Account

It's just preference.. some people out there may have 20 80s. It's not even that time consuming if you know how to do it quickly and don't just get a level and idle in a town. I have 5 80s currently, and 5 70s. My main(paladin) rolls in heroic icc gear, and my alts are in t9/10 and slowly gearing up via badges/weekly runs.

I have a PvE char and a PvP char both 80... more than enough for me I can pvp on my warrior endlessly ever since vanilla
    and I was like,arthas...if you don't stop killing ppl I'll kick you in da nouts

1 level 80 -Main- Prot Warrior

The rest are just for fun and so I can learn other classes to be a better RL/GL.

I am haveing fun with them though... My lock just took up a quest to summon an Infernal. I know it isn't the best pet, but I always wanted to have one.

My hunter has been my only character for a long time, I never get boredcfrom him.Recently I leveled and geared with T10 a DK too but I get quite bored of it on times and play with it when I don't have anything more to do with my main.Currently I continued to level my Rogue alt with which I have a lot of fun, planing to use it in Cataclysm.My motivation mostly comes from the boring free hours.

At 70 i could barely keep one char at the top of his game but now with all content being so accelerated and old content having no value and the abundance of badge gear you just all this extra time laying around after you clear icc in a few hours on tuesday lol, and yeah its hard to get ppl motivated to get do hard modes when they still want something off LK

1 Hunter - Bane of the Fallen King
    2 Prot Pally - Kingslayer
    3 Resto Druid - Kingslayer
    4,5,6,7 - random assortment of lvl 70-79's abandoned somewhere in the mindless grinding of quests in northrend (im so sick of northrend its not even funny)

but at least i got options going into cata since there prolly breaking hunters after all =(

I've got 8 80s thing is when I level one get decked out in badge gear I reroll because i'm too scared to raid. :

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack
    I've got 8 80s thing is when I level one get decked out in badge gear I reroll because i'm too scared to raid. :
    I BELIEVE in you man don't worry about what all your e-friends think!

As far as PvE goes. As much as you have time to play/want, doesnt matter much since every class have a 3-4 button rotation and once you know how to do a boss encounter, you know it no matter what class you play.

As far as PvP goes, if you want to be really serious about it and achieve any decent rating you are better sticking and trying to master 1 class to know how to react in every situation. Knowing the basics of other classes does help tho, but you don't really need to roll every class to know that.

i got 5 lvl 80's with 4 more over lvl 70 and all of my 80's except one have sanctified t10...i have too many imo

For fear of being /pointed at and then receiving a mixture of /laugh and /omgrly? I won't talk about how many level 80s I have, and how many of them happen to be resto druids. I will however say that this is a game and you need to do what enables you to have the most fun. If you enjoy raiding and gearing out then by all means go for it! Some people are very attracted to achievements and choose to stay away from leveling other toons and focus on one main. Honestly, any way that you want to play this game is up to you! I think that when you end up with more than 5 of the same class and same spec, you might have overdone it... either way, go have fun! Forget what anyone says is too much or not enough. It's your game, play it your way.
    Friend: "You are so much more awesome than normal"
    Me: "That's just your diplomatic way of telling me you think I'm completely strange."
    Friend: "No use for you to deny it anymore then!" *proceeds to pat my head*
    ... I love my friends. Or something. -.-*

im going for my third, one is PvP other is PvE, my new is going to be the cataclysm main =P
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Main warlock with Icc25 gear
    Alt DK tank with emblem gear.

I prefer to "play" two characters at once these days.

Sure, there was a time when I would have 5-6 characters, 2 of which would be decently geared and the rest just in slackgear whom I logged on once a week maybe.. seemed pointless.

To each his own though, I personally hate levelling and hate having to "keep up" with so much at once, but that's some people's reason for playing MMOs.. Just like making as much gold as they can, gathering every mount in the game, finishing every achievement, only PvPing.. and so on.

Nothing wrong with playing multiple classes! I have 5, 3 i play actively though.

Mains in a guild with 11/12 HICC
    Alt shaman is in another guild with 9/12 HICC
    Alt warrior is just around for fun and has tanked all of ICC with some hard modes.

There's not alot to do after you got most of it done so gearing multiple characters is the only option really aside from playing other games.