PC shuts down with 1920x1080 res in game

Hi guys,

this is my first post so I take the chance to say hi to everyone :>.

Here is my problem: I've bought this pc 2 days ago (saturday night it has been linked in the network for the first time) and after the needed programms to install, I proceed to install my 2 favorite games, cod and wow.

Since cod was faster to install I installed it first and started playing at 1920x1080 res, thought there wouldn't be any problems, I was wrong. After few secs the pc rebooted by its own, and so did wow when it was ready. I've already tried to reinstall both games and drives, the problem still occurs.

Somewhere I've read to reduce the DPI, It was already at the minimum (100%-125%-150%-200%, it was at 100) so I didn't touch anything there.

Does anybody have my same problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks you and sorry for my english, it's not my native lenguage :>.

\\27" screen, Windows 7 64 bit, i7 @ 2.67 GHz, 6 Gb ram, GeForce 260 gtx <-- pc's spec

Re: PC shuts down with 1920x1080 res in game

Quote Originally Posted by kingfelix
    Since cod was faster to install I installed it first and started playing at 1920x1080 res, thought there wouldn't be any problems, I was wrong. After few secs the pc rebooted by its own, and so did wow when it was ready. I've already tried to reinstall both games and drives, the problem still occurs.
    Power problem or overheating problem.

Try running one of the game in windowed mode so that you can see temperature gauges on the side, CPU should not go to 70C and video not much over 80C. If temperatures dont spike just before the PC hangs, it's probably PSU dying on the gfx card's load. Give whatever details about your PSU you can.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Re: PC shuts down with 1920x1080 res in game

Made all the tests, if I run it in windowed mode the temperatures stay low, if I try to run it at full screen, the pc reboots.

I've also called the computer shop, they suggested me to bring the pc back to let them check the problem on theirown, thanks you for your help anyway.