the new race-class combos shouldnt start like the old ones...

Am i the only one who finds it weird and unfitting? There is enough lore to actually introduce some quests to explain how they became the new class, or a mini starting area to level 5 with a teleport to normal areas or atleast an appearance change.
    For example Dwarf shamans could look like wildhammers, start in a wildhammer area like northeron ( just a small area with a flight to dun morgoth).
    Mage orcs could come from http://www.wowwiki.com/Sunnyglade, a mage tower captured by the orcs in warcraft1 to learn human´s magic or maybe be mag´dars.
    Mage nigth elves should be from Dire Maul.
    Undead hunters could be trained in Tranquillien, and who knows, maybe be undead blood elves like the one that go with silvanas in Halls of reflection and the one in dalaran.
    Trolls druids from shatterspears village with a different skin tone or more muscular.
    Dwarf mages from the upper gnomeregan area, with a magic school in the area.

I mean, its just absurd to start as a normal NE and be a mage, or a troll druid if you start in durotar and no explanation is given. Given the amount of mountain areas the old world has, they would just need to make a few villages in the mountains (every race has many towns so it cant be hard to reuse the models to build a new village and it would still better than the normal starting area). It wouldnt be starting areas like durotar or Elwynn, just a small area with a few introductory quest to level 3 or 5 and a transport to the normal starting area.

Re: the new race-class combos shouldnt start like the old ones...

Dwarf Mages were supposed to be in from beta.

They're fine.

i agree that for some combo's this would be a good idea, e.g some sort of acceptancerite for a NE mage, but for some combo's as human hunter i dont think it's neccesary

10+ Year Old Account

I think the logic is the new class combos are being introduced to the main society, and therefore Wildhammer dwarves would teach fledgling Ironforge dwarves shamanism, and Shren'delar would teach fledgling Darnassian Night Elf mages, both at their respective starting places.

well, i guess it would work too, a few new npcs in the starting areas, its a much easier solution, and knowing how lazy blizzard is, thats what they will do.

I like where this thread is going.