So,have i permanently lost my wow account?

After a 3 months break i decide that i'll start wow again soon,so i click manage my account,type in the mail and pass on www.wow-europe.com and now it asks me for:
    Please activate the Battle.net Authenticator product attached to this account, and enter the six-digit digital code that it generates.

So my theory is this: in these 3 months someone stole my account,sold it to a guy ,he bought a key autenticator(which i didn't have on my account) and now it has come to this.

What should i do?
    Can i actually do anything to get my account back?

Re: So,have i permanently lost my wow account?

Yes, you got hacked. No, it's not permanent. Call. Blizzard.

I still don't understand why people come to a fansite instead of actually contacting Blizzard.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

account probably got hacked and hackers did it. Yes you can call blizz. But here is my thought: you decided to quit, sold your account, and now want it back. Well guess what? if you sold your account they got the answers to things to change other things and most likely you can never retrieve it again.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    Yes, you got hacked. No, it's not permanent. Call. Blizzard.

I still don't understand why people come to a fansite instead of actually contacting Blizzard.
    Well he is coming here to see if he can. It is more useful to come here, wait 5 minutes for an answer of yes or no, and then email / not email blizzard. There is nothing worse (on the internet) than waiting a day for a reply and just having it say "No" in 200 words.

You cannot post on the WoW forums without an active wow account.

On topic - call or email blizzard. You were hacked, not had your account stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

You got hacked. You will have to call Blizzard, they will ask you to furnish proofs that you really are the original owner of the account. After they will investigate and you should get back your account in a week or 2. After you will have to contact an in-game Game Master if some of your items are missing because they got deleted/sold This will probably take another week.

At least, thats what i heard. I never been hacked in 4 years on either my EU or US account. But i never bought any gold or services from Hackers, never fell to any scam e-mail and never gave my Password to anyone i didnt knew for years IRL.

So both factor might be related .

Quote Originally Posted by romeolock
    account probably got hacked and hackers did it. Yes you can call blizz. But here is my thought: you decided to quit, sold your account, and now want it back. Well guess what? if you sold your account they got the answers to things to change other things and most likely you can never retrieve it again.
    I don't think he actually sold his account. He said he quit for 3 months, got hacked and the hacker sold the account.

You'll still be able to retrieve the account regardless of what the hacker did to it. Blizzard is very sensitive to these situations.

Blizz has outstanding customer service, and although you may have to wait, you'll get your account returned.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by romeolock
    yes you can if you send a photocopy of your passport to blizzard.

also if you have the code that you started you account with or from one of the expansions that is also proof you can use, even a gamecard key from a few months ago would be in your favour, just because i know who my friend is and his birthdates and stuff does not mean he could not do anything if i would steal his account.

could a moderator remove this post already before someone clicks that website and gets hacked...its clear the guy didnt read but forum rules but w/e.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account

Write to blizz and prove you are orginal owner.
    I got my account hacked once, I got it back same day

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    could a moderator remove this post already before someone clicks that website and gets hacked...its clear the guy didnt read but forum rules but w/e.
    Ummm... what's so bad in wow-europe? When you mouse over it it shows that it really is their site... sheesh..
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

I had a nearly identical situation as the OP, the only differences being it was 2 months and i was using the NA battle.net

All i did was call blizzard and asked them to remove the authenticator becuase it wasnt mine. They asked for my name and secret question, then bam no more authenticator.

I was on hold for a hour though. On a sunday.