Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WOTLK feels like I'm playing a Single-Player game.

Because every time I kill a new boss or do something in WOTLK, it feels like I am beating a singleplayer game on easy-mode.

WoW never use to be like this until WOTLK.

The game feels like it's lost it's memory or something and even though all the changes are great for the majority of the people playing, they don't know what they're missing out on and how much better the game could be.

They changed the game to make it easily accessible to more people but in the process of doing that they also removed a lot of good things about the game. /cry

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WOTLK feels like I'm playing a Single-Player game.

If you want a hard MMO wow is not for you. Wow is the farmville of hardcore MMOs, its supposed to be made for casual players who just want something to sink some time into.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProKat
    Because every time I kill a new boss or do something in WOTLK, it feels like I am beating a singleplayer game on easy-mode.

The game feels like it's lost it's memory or something and even though all the changes are great for the majority of the people playing, they don't know what they're missing out on and how much better the game could be.

They changed the game to make it easily accessible to more people but in the process of doing that they also removed a lot of good things about the game. /cry

besides Blizzard has already stated that this game has started to feel more like a single player game and in cataclysm they want to bring back the multiplayer feel to the game.

i dont ever know where anyone came up with the idea that WoW was supposed to be a hardcore game....

Quote Originally Posted by Clamor
    i dont ever know where anyone came up with the idea that WoW was supposed to be a hardcore game....
    You must not have raided very far into Vanilla.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

You mean, you must not have carried 1/4 of your raid through content in which everyone had a 2 button rotation.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProKat

FFS, cut it off, there's one of these threads going on already. Mods should make a sticky for all the WotLK haters and let them go cry there. Or ban them, we are tired of listening to posts saying "Waaaaah Wotlk Suxxx BC rocks". Bet you were one of those trolls that constantly hated on BC too, just voice your opinion in one of the over 9k threads in the forum
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamor
    besides Blizzard has already stated that this game has started to feel more like a single player game and in cataclysm they want to bring back the multiplayer feel to the game.

The misconception has spread through unskilled players guarding their inadequacies by accusing more skilled/successful players of being hardcores/no-lifers. For good or bad, this game no longer requires the time commitments it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin
    You mean, you must not have carried 1/4 of your raid through content in which everyone had a 2 button rotation.
    MC was pro dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    You must not have raided very far into Vanilla.
    even then wow was one of the most casual mmo's, since before wow, mmo's were only for very hardcore ppl (freaks who grind 20hours a day)

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure how World of Warcraft is a singleplayer game during dungeons and raids :P Since you aren't really playing alone are you? Though I know what you mean by it. I for one don't agree with the statement however.

To put a challenge for you, try making a PvE Guild that raids 25man ICC Heroic that way it won't be a "singleplayer" game anymore

The only thing Blizz has done is make gearing easier, the fights are still challenging however everyone is now appropriately geared, or overgeard to handle them. Yeah Vanilla wow might have been hard but do you think it was fair for blizz to only allow the upper 20% of their 11 billion subscribers to experience the end game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin
    2 buttons? someone didn't play a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77
    11 billion
    6 billion people in the world? 11 Billion play WoW? Blizzard actually own the world and hold people captive and lie to us...it's a conspriacy, World of Blizzardcraft!

/Tinfoil hat
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    2 buttons? someone didn't play a warlock.
    I did, realized the were terrible, so I went priest. heal rank 3 for life.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Uh then you are playing wrong, because I arena, raid, run heroics and I can notice other people. Do you have chat turned off? Or maybe your one of those people who doesn't talk in vent, yet you feel left out and alone from the convocation.

I think you are just trying to QQ about how the game has gotten less about grinding your face for days to accomplish shit. Which isn't a bad thing. If you want an mmo that will suck up 20 hours a day for you to progress then WoW is not for you.

aye wotlk fail big time.. and its true.. how manny qq threads did you se in tbc? some yes but c'mon there are ALOT more qq today then it was in tbc.. face it wotlk is a fail exp

Quote Originally Posted by Zyxel
    aye wotlk fail big time.. and its true.. how manny qq threads did you se in tbc? some yes but c'mon there are ALOT more qq today then it was in tbc.. face it wotlk is a fail exp
    Oh goodie tell me more, this is a fresh and new opinion.

Ps there was a shitload of bitching during burning crusade that it wans't as good as vanilla.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

10+ Year Old Account

Talking in goldshire is fun...

Become a raid leader or recruitment officer of a hardcore 25 man raiding guild and then say its an easy singleplayer game. People are so ungrateful of the amount of effort some people put into the game to make it possible for others to kill anything even remotely hard while taking no responsiblities whatsoever. In my former guild, the 5ish officer core put roughly five times the amount of time and effort of the other 20+ people combined, but hey most people have their heads up their fucking asses and just see everything as being a free opportunity to faceroll and profit because the hard work is already done for them and qq to the people that actually take responsibility, in yes, a game.

For the Forsaken and Glory to the Banshee Queen!