Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Melee Classes should get Distant Closer or Snares removed

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative
    So, you say warriors can stay on you no matter what, correct? In your example comp a single frost mage pretty much shuts down both warriors all game, no dispels ftl. Snares and slows are in the game to reduce the effect of peels, snares and other defensive peels. If a warrior is on you, peel him. Without a dispel, they sit in novas for full dura all day long. Oh, and lol at warriors being op, they aren't even close to being the most broken class/spec right now.
    Peeling only works as long as the warrior takes the bait.

Since the warrior knows they can stay on a given character and run them out of CD's (i.e. kill them) what incentive do they have to be peeled when they can hold out for a bit and get a KB?

Players do not have aggro tables that are so easily manipulated dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    Says the warrior. :>

The simple fact that a warrior can stay on you no matter what, and if they chose to, they will get the kill, is overpowered in the highest degree. Rogues can be dispelled with the right comp (obv not the comp i play, but it is available should i reroll) dk's can be evaded by watching where you step for the most part, shaman by dispelling again, but warriors are undispellable, unavoidable, and if left alone with a target, will kill said target

but they get all uppity when they get a high rating with a comp like Rdruid/warriorx2, because that's skillful as comps go, and not taking advantage of the vastly overpowered state of warriors.
    playing ret unholy atm, warriors dont hurt any more than dks, rets or rogues.
    hunters with healers, they are the real problem. wtb larger deadzone.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.

-Scissors
    Win

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    Then it's either my lag, or something is wrong with that statement, I use Tuskarr's boots enchant for pvp and staying on anyone's head works if they stand still or their movement is miniscule.
    I've got tusk, and I'm only doing instants with casts during fears.

Peeling only works as long as the warrior takes the bait.

Since the warrior knows they can stay on a given character and run them out of CD's (i.e. kill them) what incentive do they have to be peeled when they can hold out for a bit and get a KB?

Players do not have aggro tables that are so easily manipulated dude.
    See, the thing is, they can't stay on them. You don't have a magical choice to not be peeled. Things like novas, roots, cyclone, sheeps, etc are out of your control based on comp, cooldown or player skill level. Without a dispel, you sit in cc until you los, interrupt or trinket. Either way, you just got peeled and couldn't do damage for a period of time. Please, feel free to explain your rational in regards to a dk trying to keep a warrior off of someone, in a comp where a warrior doesn't have a dispel.

I've got tusk, and I'm only doing instants with casts during fears.
    Please elaborate, that didn't make much sense to me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative
    See, the thing is, they can't stay on them. You don't have a magical choice to not be peeled. Things like novas, roots, cyclone, sheeps, etc are out of your control based on comp, cooldown or player skill level. Without a dispel, you sit in cc until you los, interrupt or trinket. Either way, you just got peeled and couldn't do damage for a period of time. Please, feel free to explain your rational in regards to a dk trying to keep a warrior off of someone, in a comp where a warrior doesn't have a dispel.
    Considering the things I've seen Charge map-through on these arenas, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. See also Drain Life/Mana and MindFlay, which all have never required too terribly much LOS to begin with.

Considering the things I've seen Charge map-through on these arenas, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. See also Drain Life/Mana and MindFlay, which all have never required too terribly much LOS to begin with.
    Charge was hardly even a portion of the point I brought up, and has very little to do with the issue I raised. Channel spells are meant to continue working through los, its part of the mechanic, don't treat it like a bug or some sort of exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    Please elaborate, that didn't make much sense to me.
    You're special so I'll spell it out, I figured you'd be intelligent enough to understand, guess I was mistaken.

I've got tuskarrs vitality, +8% runspeed, and I'm only doing instants cast spells while the warriors is up my ass with castsed spells during fears periods where fear isn't trinketed or dispelled or immune during meatblender.

You're special so I'll spell it out, I figured you'd be intelligent enough to understand, guess I was mistaken.

I've got tuskarrs vitality, +8% runspeed, and I'm only doing instants cast spells while the warriors is up my ass with castsed spells during fears periods where fear isn't trinketed or dispelled or immune during meatblender.
    You lost the right to insult anyone's intelligence when you stated that druid+warrior+warrior was OP.

Yeah, I know I'm special, why does everyone feel the need to remind me? Ain't hard to remember that.

I thought we're still on about paladins, in which case HoJ or Repentance get me locked and away, Frost Nova does the same if to speak of casters, and all the other abilities.
    I'll just agree that it's my lag, tonight's posting seems to focus on attempts of bashing my toon and my intelligence, not that I give a shit, but one could hardly depict that as a conversation.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

I mighta missed what class the OP plays but from the sounds of it he plays a hunter and doesnt really know how to kite.

Ive been stunlocked(ish) by a pally a few times and I can tell you its no fun, but you wanna know what the reason is that he locked me down so well\easily.

Cause I fucked up at the start. Not because he is OP.

Same goes for most other types of CC\Gap closing mechanics.

Yeah thats right, pallies are easily the most kitable class in pvp atm, followed closely by warr\dks imo, disengage and frost trap is pretty OP really especially when coupled with readiness, and assuming I dont do something completely retarded, which unfortunately does happen sometimes. Its usually an easy kill.

Its relatively easy as a tard in arenas atm, just stay outta range and kite the hell outta em, and given as MM you can pull of 2xInstant rotations sequentially thanx to readiness, its unlikey the melee class will even get to you in time.

But sometimes I still get pwned but its usually A) I fucked up or B) They were just more skilled than me.

1v1 though a semi skilled rouge just rips me apart, I dont find it fun when im completly locked down, cant move, cant do shit to defend or attack for so long. Thats the only part I dont like is when you're essentially doing nothing.

But thats 1v1 so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.

-Scissors
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns
    Paladins have the ability to force themselves and their enemies at 100%, as well as a 10 yd stun and a 30 yard repentance to help catch up. You don't need either.
    Wait when did they make Repentance 30 yards? oh wait they haven't its 20 yards. Also I assume "Paladins have the ability to force themselves and their enemies at 100%" should read "Paladins have the ability to make their enemies run at 100% speed" which last I checked I would have to be within 8 yards to do that AND if you start 20 yards ahead of me and run straight while I run straight behind you with both HoJ and Rep on cd it would take something like 200 yards for me to be able to hit you with JoJ. Also while Im on HoJ and Rep these are also our interrupts, our cc's, and our distance closer. So I would LOVE to hear how those 2 abilities (both on 1 min cds) are balanced when they our (litterally) our ENTIRE OFFENSIVE TOOL SET (a tool set as in utility).

Warrs have interrupts (if they are in zerker) the ability to MS you, the ability to actually slow you, distance closers, distance closers that stun you, the ability to lower you sp by 50% if they OP during a cast.

Rogues have +15% run speed increase (thats right they have Pursuit of Justice too just look in the assasination tree), an MS, a slow (you know an actual slow) a distance closer (sprinit is a distance closer) interrupts, stuns with much lower cds on them, oh and the ability to disarm you.

DKs have a spammable aoe snare, a distance closer, 3 interrupts (4 if Belf but thats a race thing, and yes if HoJ gets to be counted as an interrupt Gnaw is an interrupt), 2 pets, undispellable dots (albiet on one target and probably a bit fair but would be more balanced if they just had a talent for +30% dispell protection low in Unholy tree)

Enhance Shamans have a slow (frost shock is a slow) a distance closer (ghost wolf can be used for that fyi, clunky yes) the ability to dispell fear while feared (if you don't know how to use tremor properly don't come qqing here) the ability to divert a single attack every few seconds, heroism (yes this is big), 2 pets that heal you give you sprint and freedom and last for 45 seconds. Oh and offensive dispells and interupts.

So if all other melee classes have an actual slow why don't paladins? All but shamans have a real distance closer, why don't paladins (frost shock + GW is somewhat affective, very much so in BGs)? They all also have their own (independant of other utilities) interrupts, why don't paladins?

So again I ask, why do Paladins (specifically Retribution) not have any of the above mentioned utilities (independant of other utilities)?

How about if melee only could fight melee, and visa versa for ranged??

/thread much? Yep.