Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heirloom UI Feature

I don't know about you guys, but I'm crazy about alts. This means I'm constantly sending my heirloom gear from my druid, to my mage, to my warlock, to my priest, etc etc. This takes a lot of time with all the mailing, and remembering who has what items in their bags.

If you roll a character on a new server, you can't use your heirloom gear. You can't send mail between servers, presumably for economic / scam reasons. This gave me an interesting idea.

There should be a UI feature, similar to the Equipment Manager, which holds your Heirloom gear. You can equip it on any of your alts at any time, without mailing. This way you could level a character on a new server, and use your Heirlooms at the same time.

What do you think? I heard blizzard is doing something similar for tabards in Cataclysm, so this shouldn't be much of a stretch as far as programming goes.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Re: Heirloom UI Feature

your idea gives me orgasms, i love it

I have a better idea, kill off heirlooms for good while making Cata questing fun. ;D

oh wait

I agree 100%.

I DON'T have alts because I HATE levelling.
    I don't want to level characters on my current server because of conditions such as server time, data center location, latency, etc.

I have an alt on an RP realm that I would like to level. she is in her 30s now and boy is it a pain to level.

Your idea or a better mail system would solve this problem.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account

Fantastic Idea (Y) Constantly mailing between my twinks and leveling toons, would be a nice way to incorporate it into other servers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus
    I have a better idea, kill off heirlooms for good while making Cata questing fun. ;D

oh wait
    ^This.
    I miss actually being rewarded for questing on my alts.

Deleted

Need to agree here with some sort of "real" Bind on Account and not Bind on server and faction. They could just impleate npcs that give heirlooms to the people who unlocked them since you can't play on more than one alt at the time or just make you able to copy heirlooms were ever you want

I just spent 45€ to get my plate heirlooms from my alliance chars on one server to my newly started tauren warrior on another (server and faction transfer of a lvl 75 mage). This is one of the reasons I think blizzard haven't made it possible to transfer them in the way you are saying.

I would LOVE for them to be account-tradable via a window of sorts even between servers but I don't think it will be happening any time soon.
    Multiboxing on hold for cata. Dr00d power for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Funknotic
    your idea gives me orgasms, i love it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Resania
    Need to agree here with some sort of "real" Bind on Account and not Bind on server and faction. They could just impleate npcs that give heirlooms to the people who unlocked them since you can't play on more than one alt at the time or just make you able to copy heirlooms were ever you want
    Just wanted to let you know that sending BoA items cross-faction is in fact possible.

I would suggest downloading the "altoholic" addon. It monitors equipment, money, badges, mail, bank stuff, auctions, professions, talents, etc on all of your alts. It is a huge time saver. I would, however, like to see blizz incorporate this into their own UI like they did with the equipment manager

What a great idea, basically a BoA storage area that is tied to your account. Perhaps it could even be similar to how if you attach a pet to your Battle.net account, it mails any new toons pets. It wouldn't mean a huge amount of development time that way, basically it just sends you any gear you've purchased on your account that that character could use.

Now, a storage space built into the UI for BoA gear would be much cooler, I'd be willing to wait if we were to see something like that. Perhaps a button that appears in your bank if you own any gear?

10+ Year Old Account

Excellent idea, I love it, with my main realm already full 10/10 slots, trying out alliance chars from time to time for a change never ends well cos I don't last long without my beloved heirlooms, and with my addon plagued never ending loading screens, I hate logging more than nessessary :/

stick it on the official suggestions forum, if you haven't already
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbunjo
    ^This.
    Eh?
    You know you can CHOOSE not to use them right?
    Seriously, you say things like that when there are people like me, who are beggars, and thus i don't have the luxury to choose.
    I don't mean to come off harsh, but your viewpoint is arrogant and highly self-indulgent. Nothing is stopping you from going out and doing the quests. You dont HAVE to use LFD.

Also, don't kid yourself. "rewarded for questing"? What?
    If you truly sought that, you'd go out and do it.

Dishonesty is so unbecoming.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe
    Eh?
    You know you can CHOOSE not to use them right?
    Seriously, you say things like that when there are people like me, who are beggars, and thus i don't have the luxury to choose.
    I don't mean to come off harsh, but your viewpoint is arrogant and highly self-indulgent. Nothing is stopping you from going out and doing the quests. You dont HAVE to use LFD.

Also, don't kid yourself. "rewarded for questing"? What?
    If you truly sought that, you'd go out and do it.

Dishonesty is so unbecoming.
    Take it easy man, you're reading way too into what he said.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa
    Take it easy man, you're reading way too into what he said.
    I'm just tired of people ragging on every feature that has renewed this game. Most of the time, they have no idea what they're talking about ;D
    Elementium on Knaak:

Interesting idea but I doubt it will ever come live. One, it is against Blizz politics that you spend less time playing, two, they added server/faction transfer on a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbunjo
    ^This.
    No one is forcing you to purchase boa items...

10+ Year Old Account

i read that heirlooms wont work from 80-85

i wonder if heirlooms will be locked until lvl 58? and cut at 78

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe
    I'm just tired of people ragging on every feature that has renewed this game. Most of the time, they have no idea what they're talking about ;D
    Maybe you should think before posting next game. Though that's doubtful.

The only reason it's renewed the game was because the questing experience was boring in the first place, if it's fun again nobody needs heirlooms anymore and if you actually still need them then that is extremely pathetic. L2enjoy Cata.

Oh yeah, and take a chill pill mr. roid-man