Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blizzard sould increase Action bar space some how

More important would be some way to add more keys to the keyboard, and/or to increase the length of my fingers.

Not everyone likes addons, I don't.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Azranas
    now its more pro

but if you need more than 60 (72 if you scroll mainbar) buttons then wtf are you doing :|

Im playing a warlock, only professions ( macros )/self buff's/ greting soul/well stones etc are getting 3 bars
    Then you have spells etc, so im kinda full aswell.

I dont play mage to have 2 buttons and rotation like - 1111111121111111211112...

there is plenty of space if you open every action bar.
    it just needs to be designed properly

i do have a helpful hint though
    take off all hotkeys that do not need to be spammed. arrange any and all keys that do need to be spammed into one or maybe 2 actions bars.

get OPie. put everything else on OPie rings.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    Bartender 4, WoW's best addon... ever!
    Bartender 4 has a big problem that doesn’t make it so best.

I have most of my abilities and buttons HIDDEN. I don’t need to see them because everything has a key bound to it. I only see 1 or 2 bars, very small, to track important CDs. The rest is all hidden.

If and when you want to modify this, you have to:

1) Type /bt
    2) Unlock the bars so you can see which one is which
    3) Go to the bar in the list, click on visibility tab, uncheck always hide.

If you need to move buttons around or add new things or even change keybindings, you have to do this for each bar, each time. It gets frustrating, because you have to later UNDO all the process.

This was not an issue in earlier BT versions and is not an issue in Domino.

For that simple reason, I removed BT.

Back to the original action bar… Blizzard should copy from Warhammer. And remove the stupid Screen Consuming dragon/lions on each side or make them smaller.

I also agree that default unit frames are awful and they should be moveable outside a script (that fails because some UFs go back to their original position on /reloadui).

The chat is pretty lame too, Prat is heavy, but does some things right.
    Stances bars are a joke as someone already posted. I end up duplicating the same bar on each stance, i.e.: all my buttons look the same in each stance and put the abilities somewhere else with keybinds.

Potions, Bandages, Consumables. That should have its own UI.

Quest Items? Have a dedicaated place in the backs. It’s a pain to search for them (even now that they are highlighted). Icons are the same for a lot of things so, finding a “flare” is hard in the middle of a bag mess.

Add more bank slots. We have the same number since wow 0.01. There are more items, more alts, more stuff to store. I don’t want to switch around all the time i need something. Plus, the number of bank slots is odd.

Add focus target by default! Focus only shows focus. Add option to cast on mouseover when appropriate, having to macro that is a PITA every time.

Macros? Let us have more. Especially warriors that need macros for almost every stance dance/weapon change. If you want to heal, you need to “improve” your standard spells with certain macros to use trinkets/abilities and/or mouseover/modifiers. Although not everybody does, the “poweruser” is left with a reduced number of macros, there’s no point. The macros are a controller environment and there shouldn’t be an exploit there.

Macros 2: Kill the person who did that UI and replace it with something decent where you can still type in chat and not overwrite your macro.

These are a few. WoW UI is awful

Note: No, I don’t use a lot of addons on my new alts. I used to have a heavily customized ui back in TBC. Improved a lot in Wotkl and gradually started removing everything. Now I’m pretty much vanilla except for maybe power auras and autorepair (lazy)

Bartender 4, WoW's best addon... ever!
    Dominos > Bartender

You can actually deal with this problem (if this is really a problem) with addons that enhance your action bar and allow you to customize it (ex. Bartender). You can have 12 or 13 action bars. Which is way more than enough, I only use about 6 or 7 depending on which toon. And you can move each bar anywhere you want. So if you wanted pally seals on there own bar, go for it.

And I know some people have a problem with running Addons on older/slow computers but honestly if you cant run Addons on your client then guess what? Your not gonna be running Cata.
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    Now, I like what some addons (such as Dominos) do (scale down the action bars and allow reskinning). However, I've found myself also using addons that effectively give me more action bars, so that things like buffs and portals will not be taking up space that could be used for offensive abilities.
    I have this trouble too. I agree that if Blizz is seeking to get away from more third party stuff upgrading some of their UI wouldn't be a bad idea, and the action bars would be a good place to start.