[Leveling] Approaching Level 20, pick up DW and stay Fury or go Prot?

Hey, I'm a level 17 Human Warrior right now, and so far I've been leveling as Fury, putting my talent points into Cruelty and Armored to the Teeth. I use a 2h, obviously. Level 20 is approaching fast, and I've been thinking so far to go to dual wield and stick with Fury. This is my first time leveling a warrior, or an Alliance character for that matter, on a brand new realm (meaning heirlooms are out of bounds for me). I've been seeing on these forums and elsewhere that Prot is a godly spec for leveling, with its high survivability and ability to pick up mobs, and easy access into groups w/ the dungeon tool. But I've also heard that the spec can be slow until you get Shield Slam, and that's pretty far away. So my question is, should I stick with Fury, or go Prot at level 20? I wouldn't really mind being a tank or DPS in dungeons, I just want to kill things, do quests fast, and get lots of XP.

Thanks.

EDIT: Armory link, if it's useful: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...D0Nv3YteDbvzkG

Re: [Leveling] Approaching Level 20, pick up DW and stay Fury or go Prot?

Leveling a warrior as protection is a blast, in my opinion. I'd do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Well, since it's been well over an hour since I've posted this topic, I guess I'll just respec to Protection and see how it goes.

Well, as you will soon experience if you stay Fury, you will miss / be parried-dodged a lot, thus rage starved a lot, which can be very frustrating. As an Arms warrior you have Overpower to counter this. As a Prot you have Revenge hitting like a TRUCK (like two trucks actually when you get improved revenge). Prot allows you to solo +5 lvl quests, or Elite Quests of your lvl. I leveled as a Prot back then, first toon, no wow XP, no heirlooms, and it was tons of fun !

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Go either Arms or Protection, seeing people go fury at low level makes me cringe, as the other 2 specs are way better for levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

As a level 26 prot warrior i critted a rogue for 820 with Revenge in pvp.

I was pleased.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating
    Hey, I'm a level 17 Human Warrior right now, and so far I've been leveling as Fury, putting my talent points into Cruelty and Armored to the Teeth. I use a 2h, obviously. Level 20 is approaching fast, and I've been thinking so far to go to dual wield and stick with Fury.
    I've leveled two Warriors, both as Protection. They've been the most fun specs out of all 3. I've leveled 1 through quests (quite fun, but slow) and 1 through the dungeon finder (instant queues make up for leveling as any class, especially with Hierlooms).

15+ Year Old Account

People who miss/get parried a lot are trying to fight same-level "Yellow" mobs. This is a bad thing. You have no self healing, so you should focus on "Green" mobs and quests, not to trivialize yourself or marginalize your game play but to make the experience smoother and more unified.

I leveled Fury because at the time Prot had no damage potential - just survival. With revenge hitting so hard and the devastate buff, I'd highly recommend Prot. Fury still has Bloodthirst for self healing and remains viable. Arms is just slow, with a once-per-3-minutes blender button (ie fun every 3 minutes, boring the other 2:45)

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Hey im in the same spot as the OP, lvl18 fury atm, with 2h boa axe and boa pve chest and shoulds.

Now i also read prot is beter all over, but what weapon do i use? .. the 2h or sw+sh?

And could someone make me a leveling build with glyps for fast lvl? .. like guides use or tru talent builder?

Much thanks.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morthas
    Hey im in the same spot as the OP, lvl18 fury atm, with 2h boa axe and boa pve chest and shoulds.

Now i also read prot is beter all over, but what weapon do i use? .. the 2h or sw+sh?

And could someone make me a leveling build with glyps for fast lvl? .. like guides use or tru talent builder?

Much thanks.
    Sword and shield. Revenge is based on AP, not weapondamage.

I suggest this build till you reach level 49:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior#wf8HAMkJ,,11723

After that, just continue down the normal path.
    This build will insure you get lots of rage when tanking multiple mobs (as you should at almost all times)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Personally, I wouldn't go the same way Baabinator did, but skip the Arms&Fury trees altogether. Instead of Deflection (5/5 in Arms), just put those points in Anticipation (Prot), and you'll get Warbringer much faster - and mind you, Warbringer is godly (I was so glad when I could finally charge any time I wanted, especially when others pulled accidentially in dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarjon
    Personally, I wouldn't go the same way Baabinator did, but skip the Arms&Fury trees altogether. Instead of Deflection (5/5 in Arms), just put those points in Anticipation (Prot), and you'll get Warbringer much faster - and mind you, Warbringer is godly (I was so glad when I could finally charge any time I wanted, especially when others pulled accidentially in dungeons).
    Agreed. Survaviability isnt much of a problem at low levels in dungeons. Just stay in the prot tree and grab Devastate, Warbringer and Shockwave as soon as possible. When you got these, you should be reaching Outland where you can start working on the Arms tree, obviously starting with Deflection.

For instance, at lvl 60 it should look like this :
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...tqvo3Xx,,11723

Then 5/5 Deflection, and eventually go for Deep Wounds or Incite.

10+ Year Old Account

I am leveling a Fury Warrior (41 atm) and having great fun with it. I'm still able to tank in this specc, so instant queues for me

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank
    Leveling a warrior as protection is a blast, in my opinion. I'd do that.
    I agree.

Although leveling as fury is not bad either. Tends to get annoying when you start getting the miss, miss, miss, parry, parry, dodge, miss, miss, dodge, ACTUAL DAMAGE though.

Protection Warrior is amazing for leveling. Although I found it a bit boring until level 50, where you finally get Devastate and Warbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!