Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Next legendary weapon

Quote Originally Posted by zzzacs
    DEATHWINGS CHIN
    I gave you an internet!

Ok back on topic, it really should be a caster weapon - even though it will be used for the stats, maybe have nice procs or someting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Caster dps lengendaries got the disadvantage that there are 2 pures with mages and warlocks. Ele shaman, boomkin will not get a lengedary as caster dps unless some guild got a really weird reward system. A nice and welldeserved perc for us that are PURE
    Your logic is, well... illogical. First off, pure dps have no intrinsic reason over any hybrid DPS for giving them a loot item. Second, even at loot distribution's most draconian, the legendary would go to whatever player is the highest dps of the class that is the highest DPS, and just so you know, in current (3.3.3) content, that's neither mage NOR lock for casters. Third, realistically, the legendary would go to the most dedicated/longest member time DPS (not necessarily the highest) in the guild, irrespective of class, because their effort put into the guild as a whole is a deciding factor in these things.

I just happen to be a lucky son of a bitch in that I'm the only long-standing offensive caster in my guild (assuming 10 man guilds will have access to legendaries in Cataclysm).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    COUGH 2H MACE COUGH
    No, you 2h melee dps got Shadowmourne, go diaf.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon

Which classes would benefit from a Dps Staff/Polearm? Druids/Hunters? ok, now look back basically all legendaries benefit at least 3 classes if memory serves me correctly, i know Valan'ar and Atiesh could be used by 4 Classes each
    Twin blades was only avaible to rogues and warrior... you fail.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

As it is, Feral cats get 2 attack power per strength. Thus a strength mace wouldn't be bad at all. Granted they're changing STR and AGI for Cata, but still, at least get your current facts right.
    I still doubt they'd want a cat to use a +STR mace over a weapon that gives +agi and other cat stats, even if it turned out to be marginally better than the best available cat epic polearm/staff. In short, I don't think it'd be available to a cat. So I think I do have my facts right, as the stats currently are. But yes, they might change Strength to be more desirable for cats in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nollie
    It better be something a fucking feral druid can benefit from. We are the ONLY class/spec that has NEVER had a useful legendary.
    Prot Pally.
    Nuff said.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Caster Weapon \o/

ofc it will be a 2h sword/mace/axe or a 1h dagger/fistweapon/sword/axe/mace for melee
    Life as it should be...
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Cool next time I'll say LFM ICC25 Need 1 Rape Victim, 4 Rapists, and 3 Therapists.

Hehe thats a lot of rape

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn
    Second, even at loot distribution's most draconian, the legendary would go to whatever player is the highest dps of the class that is the highest DPS, and just so you know, in current (3.3.3) content, that's neither mage NOR lock for casters.
    Check this out.
    http://www.wow.com/2010/05/06/icc-dps-analysis-by-spec/

Mages are the lead Caster DPS in all of these graphs except for the average on Fester, in the top 200 mages lead again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii
    DRUIDS used STAVES from AQ in VANILLLA as LEGENDARY. ( Ateish )

And i think it will be a caster dps, then a melee dps.
    EDIT:

They are used by ele shammies, yes. Unless it has Spirit, but spirit will be the main stat in cata anyways ( Spirit to hit and spirit to Mp5 (( Sham changes )) ).
    Since when was Atiesh from AQ....

Not only that, lets say you count Atiesh...you really think melee DPS will get ANOTHER Legendary? I mean they've got Shadowmourne AND Warglaives (WOTLK and TBC) and the only REMOTELY useful weapon which took an ETERNITY to obtain and which only a very very small majority of players obtained was back in Vanilla...

Imo they should make a Staff/Polearm for Hunter/Druid after they make the Caster Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla
    Prot Pally.
    Nuff said.
    Prot Pally got Thunderfury. Yes they didn't use it during Classic WoW but I know a few of them who collected both bindings and everything needed from Classic wow and forged the sword, which became extreamly helpfull during tanking early raids untill it was nerfed.

Let's take a look at the trend:

Vanilla a.k.a. pre-BC:

1. Thunderfury - Great tank weapon, great melee DPS weapon.
    2. Sulfuras - melee DPS weapon
    3. Atiesh - caster DPS weapon, healer weapon (sort of, correct me if I'm wrong)

so far: melee=1 (due to the fact that sulfuras was for 2h wielding melee dps and thunderfury for 1h wielding melee dps), tank=1, caster=1, healer=0.5

Burning Crusade:
    1. Warglaives of Azzinoth - melee DPS weapon, limited to rogues and warriors though
    2. Thori'dal - Hunter weapon, but has been given to warriors/rogues

so far: melee=2 (0.5 for each legendary in BC), tank=1, caster=1, healer=0.5

Wrath of the Lich King:
    1. Val'anyr - healer weapon hands down
    2. Shadowmourne - melee dps weapon, with a tiny hint of a tank potential for DK's, but let's disconsider that.

End tally: melee=2.5 (not everyone can use Shadowmourne); tank=1; caster=1; healer=1.5

Logically speaking the order should be:

tank
    caster
    -possibly end of expansion-
    healer

However as far as I recall Blizzard has mentioned that the first legendary in game will be a caster weapon cause they need some love, so probably afterwards in the end-game raid we will see a tank legendary, probably a 1h sword for warriors/paladins, a staff for druids and a 2h something for DK's.

But that's just my logic.

how long was artiesh even used ?

i don't recall anyone on my server ever getting it :P

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why not a legendary shield?

Deathwing's Chin would work :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    No, you 2h melee dps got Shadowmourne, go diaf.
    except the feral druids... hence the quote. please read before you post.

What's up with everyone lumping 1h melee and 2h melee into one category? Rogues can't use shadowmourne!

Rogues can't use shadowmourne!
    You're just not trying hard enough.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

blizzard said First Cataclysm raid will have a Caster legendary Weapon so either Dagger or a Staff, I'm Leaning towards a Staff though. Also I am too lazy to find the blue post where GC says this..

Which classes would benefit from a Dps Staff/Polearm? Druids/Hunters? ok, now look back basically all legendaries benefit at least 3 classes if memory serves me correctly, i know Valan'ar and Atiesh could be used by 4 Classes each
    Agreed. Plus, a legendary stat stick sounds pretty effing lame IMO.

blizzard said First Cataclysm raid will have a Caster legendary Weapon so either Dagger or a Staff, I'm Leaning towards a Staff though. Also I am too lazy to find the blue post where GC says this..

too tired to read thru all the posts, but couldent a DK also wield a polearm?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Hunter/Druid staff is my call for 2nd legendary.
    I'd guess polearm, just so DK tanks can use it. (Not sure if agi will be decent as a tank, since they will get no AP from it, but I'd imagine they'd still get dodge/crit. At least no dps could use it since they won't get anything from agi)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.