Problem with Alts

Anyone else have a problem with alts?

I level alts..but have trouble playing them at 80. I always feel like any time I spend gearing them up could be spent doing something on my main..achievements..farming..anything else. I feel like I have so much stuff on my main, and just feel that I need to keep building on him and doing stuff on alts is a waste.

If I make a new character..I feel like it needs to be my new 'main' in order for me to actually play that. I don't know why that is.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Problem with Alts

i know the feeling but i will try to play my dk as my main alt now that thereisnt alot i can do on my warrior :P
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

No, not even remotely. I have 5 raid geared toons, actually.

I have trouble creating new alts ;<
    Char limit ftl ;<
    Hmm Maybe Moon posted something?

I have the same exact feeling. I Have my mage witch is my main. i then lvled a warrior and a paladin to 80, but i simply cba to play em. I geared em both up to around 5k gs (around what you can get before joining raids) And i simply cant get my self to play em anymore. But then again when i then log my main im just standing in dalaran running in circles >.<

I have the same problem. I have my main wich is good geared. then i have 4 other level 80's with a few epics but nothing more. My time in Danera is wmore worth then the others.
    And if we are happy with that.... there shouldn't be a problem right?

4 raiding characters and in middle of gearing up another. quite frankly i love playing alts it switches it up, gets boreing always playing on the same toon and doing the same old shit and i find that attaining gold gets easier as i make more toons.

Deleted

Same thing here, got 5 lvl 80's, but i only play with my warlock, cba even to make a daily heroic on alt's. Thats just focus on 1 character and play with it, start doing some of the hard achv's... maybe like ->

;D ;D ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdok
    Anyone else have a problem with alts?

I level alts..but have trouble playing them at 80. I always feel like any time I spend gearing them up could be spent doing something on my main..achievements..farming..anything else. I feel like I have so much stuff on my main, and just feel that I need to keep building on him and doing stuff on alts is a waste.

If I make a new character..I feel like it needs to be my new 'main' in order for me to actually play that. I don't know why that is.
    And this is why I don't level alts.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Loop
    Same thing here, got 5 lvl 80's, but i only play with my warlock, cba even to make a daily heroic on alt's. Thats just focus on 1 character and play with it, start doing some of the hard achv's... maybe like ->

;D ;D ;D
    Lol win :P

OnT:
    Not really im playing on my 2x lv 80 chars and no more
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Loop

;D ;D ;D
    WOW that is fuking amazing, wat timing. I do that sometimes, if I can. But WOW 100k AND insane at the same time. HOOOLLLLDDDD ON A SEC! I reackon he used that addon that allows u to link and spam achieves that u havent done yet. Will armory him and see the dates on those 2 and ill get bak to u!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xxApelxx
    WOW that is fuking amazing, wat timing. I do that sometimes, if I can. But WOW 100k AND insane at the same time. HOOOLLLLDDDD ON A SEC! I reackon he used that addon that allows u to link and spam achieves that u havent done yet. Will armory him and see the dates on those 2 and ill get bak to u!
    Already checked:P Its really on the same date, he just knows he'll get the 100 000 kills, and stand near the for example Darkmoon Faire and just turn in couple of decks, and get the needed reputation and get the Insane in the membrane...But anyway..its really a win xD

Edit : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...ndhal+Syndrome

Heres the armory link ;p

Deleted

I have an another problem with alts:
    I want to have all of them, test out every spec, be in every situation, test out all angles of wow.

I actually have a different problem. I can't make myself consistently gear up my main or high leveled characters 'cause I'm tired of the gear grind.. so I just keep leveling alts to 80. Playing different specs with different characters can be very interesting.. but it sucks that it has to be in blues and stray purples.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

There's enough to learn and practice in this game that being allowed 50 characters per account doesn't seem enough.