Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: @those people complaining about WOTLK...

Personally i didnt hate wotlk, but i would like to say i enjoyed tbc and vanilla slightly more. But no matter what changes has been done to wow in the later expansions its still wow, and still an amazing game.

And i just had a tought, didn't people use to say the same thing about tbc, that they hated it and so on? and suddenly in wotlk i heard people going nostalgick about it... the only logical thing now is for people to be nostalgic about wotlk and hostile to cata XD

My hope is that in cata the feeling of beeing together with people and playing is brought back. For example, i was on my way to ferelas and i had pvp on after killing a guy 10 lvls lower than me that was walking around thousand needles... ahhh i just knew he was bringing backup when i saw his body not becoming a skeleton :P but i didn't think i would be found in ferelas. I was wrong and as i was killing an ogre i saw this orc warrior riding in the distance i quickly mounted up on my 60% mount and fled hoping the pvp thing was gonna go off soon, he finally caught up with me and charged me, i samm pressed frost trap feign death and jumped till i thought my space key was gonna fall off, and right before i was dead i heard the most wonderful sound... flash of light, for then seeing a paladin riding on his golden horse in his judgement set atacking the orc and totally owning his ass.... ahhh, btw i rerolled paladin a few days later... but thats way off topic for now...
    Norway Ftw!

I liked being in black temple while the rest of the server was on vash

I don't like spending hours and hours of attempts on 25h PP to see a boss die that I have already killed about 48 times now, but just not on "hard", same encounter same sounds same death...

People killing lk 10 today get the same title that people who killed lk25 did in jan

RIP WoW, patch 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    People killing lk 10 today get the same title that people who killed lk25 did in jan
    Anyone can have the achievement just by using an addon.

In order to be able to say wotlk is too easy, you have to have cleared everything so unless you've killed LK HC 25, 0 lights etc, dont say the expansion is too easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chimairax
    In order to be able to say wotlk is too easy, you have to have cleared everything so unless you've killed LK HC 25, 0 lights etc, dont say the expansion is too easy.
    And that's where you and many others are wrong and keep using your bullcrap logic :

The expansion is too easy.

Most of you are failbots that nerdrage if a person says that.

Its absolutely nonsense to say you need LK 25 heroic, 0 lights in the darkness etc. You don't need those to be able to compare the 2 contents: TBC and WOTLK.

WOTLK is great - it has been designed with a 20 sided dice plus a little bit from Activision CEO, Bobby Kotick.

Lets take a few steps back. TBC is ending, subscribers for WOTLK are at all -time high. So much money is flowing into Blizzard HQ that they need to hire new slaves to clear the corridors from the loads of $$$ from subscribers, like you or me.

Blizzard and Activision merge, that makes a lot of financial sense for Blizzard shareholders, and gives an online perspective for Activision, who needed to become bigger than Electronic Arts. Bobby Kotick looks at the miracle of WOW, and applies his magical skills "Guys, if this hardcore game that I don't understand got so big with being so hard, you make it more Casual, and we sell double or triple. Make it easy so anyone can complete the game!"

With these simple statements Casualism hits the fan, where Toravon and other bossess in VOA hand out free highest-tier loot for those who spend 15 minutes visiting them, Naxxramas 25 made easier than Naxxramas 10, and the first epic item is mailed to you by ingame mail: epic tabard.

Without much to do in the game after you beaten all the bossess, just do them again for not much more, with badge gears flooding players, ICC buffs applied to new heights, game progression is killed, and some people believe its the new heaven - you don't need to have much effort to get top tier items.

Guilds though have hard time recruiting, and hard time to justify "lets kill this boss on hardmode, you get new heroic loot, you know, that you will throw away in 2 months time anyway when Cataclysm hits! Don't worry, we know you don't need that loot for 5-mans, but still... you will be leet".

With subscriber numbers falling of WOW, Casualism does not seem to work, where people don't have much to look forward to after clearing raids.

I raid 3 nights per week, have family, high-profile job.
    I liked the game more when you had more content to look forward to - TBC.
    I am on 8/12 ICC25 HC, done Yogg +1 lights, Algalon, etc, but not looking forward to do Yogg+0 or 25 HC Arthas.

I really hope Blizzard does not lower the game level more to make end-level game content appeal to non-gamers. Keep the difficulty curve, and don't trivialize a great game, like WOW.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the 7th thread since yesterday I've read which involves the OP bitching about bitching.
    This is new and interesting.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account

Everything new and interesting is new and interesting.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Genn Greymane
    paradox
    Indeed.

sofa king wee tarded

Quote Originally Posted by gmollster
    Get a freakin life.

[..]
    is YOUR day so pathetic that you keep reading mmo-champion threads you DONT LIKE TO READ?! and then even make a thread about it?! would be more constructive to stand up, flap your arms and spin around in circles...

internet-people, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy
    there was a post on our server forums about the actual time it took to down encounters from vanilla-wotlk, wanna guess which expansion took longer to down all content.... wotlk. You are judging difficulty by the tuning of normal modes... not hard modes(everything pre-wrath was hardmode). Normal modes are glorified 5 mans, you can't judge difficulty from those. I recall killing several bosses in BT with half the raid dead... ROS, Bloodboil, Supremus failures that hugged volcanoes. Raiding hasn't changed.. only your perception of it.
    Yes, and normal modes is what ppl pug. Shiteasy normal modes = bad players = even more % fail pugs for my alts
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde
    lol because they paid for a product for the same price and are now not getting for the same results. it's like buying a drink 2-3 years ago and now it's been watered down for the people who find it to be too strong of a taste. What happend to the old product. inb4 so quit.
    You bought a drink 2-3 years ago and still expected it to taste like blueberry when the company realized more people reported enjoying the cherry flavor they experimented with rather than the blueberry flavor they had to send in thirty box tops for?

As sad as yes it may seem but putting it in perspective if you work your a$$ off and make 15$/hr and have another guy doing half as much as work as you but getting paid the same, it doesn't seem fair.
    The problem with the workplace analogy is that the person doing less work for more almost definitely has experience in the field and has a college degree while the person doing more for less does not.

So unbalance of gear consumption and skill required for something are fine but mechanics are a different story. You're a strange fellow.
    What gear consumption unbalance? The one that lets rerolls and new players bypass obsolete, dead content in favor of actually having a shot at seeing the endgame without devoting their lives to the MMO? The one that lets guilds skip having to re-progress through everything each time they pick up a new recruit or reroll to fill a needed slot? Or the one where you didn't have to constantly run instances you leveled up in for a trinket that gives you a few paltry points in a resistance for a fight that would end in about half the time it takes in your resist set due to poor itemization and fight mechanics reliant on one game-breaking ability?

I see the point you're trying to make in the end but no. You're wrong, sorry
    That's your opinion, one you used poor analogies and unrealistic expectations to back up.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

This argument, the fact that it has persisted so long, and the sheer passion it generates is fascinating to me.

On the one hand, we have the "WLK haters" who like the game, have played it since the beginning, and who are dissatisfied with the changes that have been implemented into the game in the past two expansions.

On the other hand, we have the "WLK hater-haters" who respond with the trump-card argument "qq", remind them that no one is forcing them to play, lament the sheer volume of such threads and generally deride those who take the time to complain about it.

So let's take a look at this dynamic, shall we?

First, to the second group - the fact is, there wouldn't BE a multitude of repetitive threads daily if there weren't so many people who were dissatisfied with the game. The bottom line - as it has been repeated many, many times - is that Blizzard took a game that made a name for itself as a challenge and an industry-changer and watered it down to make it easier to digest by a less dedicated player base. The result? A game that was marketable to a customer base four times larger than before but that was less-satisfying to the early-adopters. The game IS easier, even though there are specific encounters that remain lofty. Many of the challenging aspects have been removed, intentionally to MAKE the game easier, and that does leave the game less satisfying for many players, especially those who have played it the longest. Holding this opinion does not make the poster a whiner, a complainer, someone without a life or anything else negative. It is perfectly normal to dislike it when something you enjoy and appreciate changes, especially when the things that you enjoy and appreciate are removed to make it hold greater appeal to people who generally aren't as interested in it as you were in the first place. In most artistic circles, this would be called "selling out", and it is precisely what Blizzard has done.

What is so interesting to me is that, while it's normal enough for someone who doesn't like the changes to complain, there is no real reason for the number of flames posts that follow. Why should it bother anyone if someone else is no longer satisfied with the game? If a person laments that something they enjoyed has been changed, why do so many people feel compelled to deride that person, criticize their opinions, or mock their feelings about it? Why does it matter to you if there are 100 posts a day from disgruntled players who do not like the changes to the game? If you disagree with their opinion, or even love the game in its current state, could you simply not read the post?

It almost seems as though the flamers who respond with “qq newb – LK-H iz sris bzns” are themselves somehow threatened or insulted if someone else suggests that the game they enjoy is not or should not be enjoyable. The sheer emotional response suggests that insulting the game in its current state somehow insults those who enjoy it in its current state.

So, to the WLK-hater-haters out there, take stock – not everyone likes what you like, not everyone enjoys what you enjoy, and the fact that someone else calls something you find challenging “easy” does not diminish your worth as a person. There is no real reason to attack people who publicly complain that WoW is not as hard as it used to be – their opinion is just as valid as yours, and neither your nor their opinion is “fact”, so arguing about it is pointless.

Now, on to the "WLK haters". Similar arguments were made during BC, about how Blizzard was "ruining the game" by making it too easy, reducing raid-size down from 40-to 25, scaling boss fights and instance sizes down, making epics as readily available as food vendors, etc. Those arguments were valid then, just as the "TBC was the golden age" arguments are now. People tend to regard the time when they first started playing the game as the "best time" for the game because, let's face it, they continued to play it because they liked what they found.

Sadly, World of Warcraft is not art. It's a product. And Blizzard's primary purpose for existing is not to create and maintain a static alternate universe for us to live in. It is to produce and market a product that makes money, and the more the better. Criticizing Blizzard for "selling out" is a rather myopic and naive view of the world. Of course the "sold out" - they are trying to make money, and that is all they were ever trying to do. Changing the game so that it appeals to a wider player base is simply smart business sense, even if it means that some of their longer term clients lose interest. Subscription rates now are 4 times what they were in Vanilla, and that accounts for the attrition of losing long-term players. Products like this cannot continue to pander to their existing player-base, because game-services naturally encounter a great deal of turnover. People are going to lose interest given enough time. The only way to stay in business is to make sure that the product can attract a new use for every one they lose; attracting two for every one they lose = growth.

The WoW model of 2005 attracted the number of players it was going to. But there are a finite number of "hard-core" gamers out there. Once they completed their life-cycle - and they would have regardless of the changes Blizzard made - the only thing Blizzard could do would be to attract a new group of players. Since the "hard-core" group was depleted, they had to look to a slightly less hard-core group, and so on. The game will get progressively easier until the entire gaming community market is generally depleted, and then WoW will fade away. It is the natural life-cycle of these kinds of products, and Blizzard isn't "ruining" the game by employing this approach. They are preserving it as long as possible.

To me, the only real worthy complaints about this great game that millions are so passionate about is class balance.
    So glad we have you to decide what is worthy for us to discuss. Then again, it's just a game so should there be anything worthy of complaining about? Or should you also:

Get a freakin life.

All still playing wow obviously so clam it. Go buy a wii or something.

for you vanilla lovers, setup your own private server with only vanilla raids, and the same lvl of gearing up, and you will see, while bosses may be easier in WotLK, the game have improved by miles since it was first released.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

I HATE WOTLK STUPID EXPENSION!!!

oh, subscription ended. "Moooooom, can I use your creditcaaaard?"