Best Professions for fire?

I currently have Tailoring and Enchanting.

On Magegraf i get a higher dps gain from stacking haste at the moment.

You guys reckon dropping Enchanting (the 46 sp) for engineering would be worth it?

Does Engineering and the tailor enchant work ok together (I think i once read something about the cloak enchant causing problems?)

Re: Best Professions for fire?

I wouldn't reroll professions this late into the expansions, the difference between professions is really small at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bielz
    I wouldn't reroll professions this late into the expansions, the difference between professions is really small at the moment.
    Money really isn't an issue for me as i have a heck of alot of it. (Havn't bought anything for months and cashed in on Frozen orbs becoming sell-able / saronites at 2k ea)

Does the Engineering Glove enchant stack with the Tailoring back enchant?

if you want haste that bad...get speed to ur gloves...pointless to roll engi when caty isnt too far away...but each person has their own playstyle...if you feel the need to, powerlevel that engineering...

1% haste vs 28 sp...i think id rather have the haste...think ima get that when i get home!

Obvious Achievement Whore is Obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano1
    Money really isn't an issue for me as i have a heck of alot of it. (Havn't bought anything for months and cashed in on Frozen orbs becoming sell-able / saronites at 2k ea)

Does the Engineering Glove enchant stack with the Tailoring back enchant?
    It probably stacks, yeah. Just remember that the value of the Engineering back enchant is entirely void if you also have Tailoring.

Strictly speaking, if is Haste is king for you, Jewelcrafting and Engineering are really the only professions that can provide it. Just keep in mind that I don't know the values of the extra spellpower from JCing vs. the extra haste from JC or if JC is better in general than Tailoring if you stack Haste.(though I doubt it is)

Primary: Mining and Skinning
    Secondary: First Aid, Fishing and Cooking

Personally, I never understood the point behind changing professions. I mean, I picked up Tailoring/Enchanting back in Vanilla when I was leveling, and now I have every recipe in the game, give or take 1. I can't justify dropping all that effort simply to pick up a couple marginal DPS points that, frankly, can be easier to pick up with gear.

TL;DR - professions aren't going to make or break whether or not you kill a boss. Pick what you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon
    TL;DR - professions aren't going to make or break whether or not you kill a boss. Pick what you enjoy.
    I myself have JC/ Tailoring and I have ever recipe in game. However, I plan on dropping tailoring soon to go engineering. Not because It will improve my DPS by loads, but because I've always wanted engineering as it looks very fun, with those boots and much more! and I also enjoy leveling professions. The OP may feel the same
    Perhaps now you understand why people would change profession including the OP

But if he's only changing to maximize his DPS, then fair play. That's some dedication!!
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/Jaqerainey/raineynezmoth1.jpg

Personally, I never understood the point behind changing professions. I mean, I picked up Tailoring/Enchanting back in Vanilla when I was leveling, and now I have every recipe in the game, give or take 1. I can't justify dropping all that effort simply to pick up a couple marginal DPS points that, frankly, can be easier to pick up with gear.

Back in TBC it made sense, Spellfire set was extremely good until BT came. In sunwell drums were kinda overpowered so a lot of people rerolled to leatherworking.
    In wotlk the difference between professions is very small, I chose JC/Inscription early on because I could make a lot of gold with it and because I couldn't be arsed to grind sons of hodir rep

You can make this argument for all min/maxing, really. I see no reason to swap out of tailoring/enchanting. However, If I was a miner/BS then I would have switched at least mining to somthing else.

Im currently enchanting/tailoring too and have been wanting to drop tailoring for a while for engineering. But, imma wait till the beta is out to see what happen to proffesions.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt