Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Re Rolling Druid, tips?

short story, i broke both my legs, can't work for 5 weeks

I want to re roll a druid and be resto at 80

1-80 tips would be greatly appriciated,

and not just "go feral", yes I know ferals good for leveling

I know this is extremly vague also, but its 12:20 and im about to sleep sorry =[

any help is needed

Edit:
    wow the response to this simple post in just a few short hours is amazing.

thank you to everyone who gave advice about pretty much every aspect of leveling and druids in general it helped alot, Also when I said don't tell me to go feral I didnt mean it as in I want to be something else I ment it as I already know to go feral ><

all the finer tips were greatly appriciated thank you everyone so much Cheesy

Re: Re Rolling Druid, tips?

Go feral. Itll be boring up until 20 i think it was to learn kitty form. After that, if you upgrade your gear every 10 levels, you should be destroying quests and having fun doing it.

You could also get dual spec at 40 and LFG your way to 80 as resto. It's pretty fun.

I'm currently leveling a Druid too!
    Get the BoA gear, if you have an 80, go Feral and literally, tank your way to 68, then Northend quests till 80, or continue dungeoning

Tanking rotation for low level instances - Faerie Fire, Swipe spam, Maul single targets.
    DPS rotation, I normally go for burst, but - Tigers Fury, Ravage, Shred, Rip, Fercious Bite.
    Healing rotation, Regrowth, Rejuv, and Healing Touch if anyone gets below 30% HP, that's when HoTs dont cut it.

NOTE - This is for low level instancing and leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    You could also get dual spec at 40 and LFG your way to 80 as resto. It's pretty fun.
    This is how to do it! Quest as feral, do 5 mans as resto. You'll hit 80 in 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm currently leveling a Druid. Lvl 50ish heirloom kitted bear. I've been thinking about dual speccing resto, for variation. I level purely through lfg. I kinda enjoy it. Also when I'm dual specced I'm never going to get to use my resto spec probably, because of the tank shortage.
    Warlock (SL main)

druids are boring level a prot warrior they are way more fun and do the most DPS while leveling of all the classes ive seen so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

i am also leveling a druid alt! i went feral to 75 and have been moonkin for the last 2 levels. its alot of fun and starfire hurricaning 10 or 11 things at a time is hilarious. get all the BOA gear that you can. i switched at 75 so i could start getting good SP stats for when i hit 80.

good luck dude and sorry about the injury!

Also leveling a Drood.

Same advice really. To level quick "feral" as it has very little down time. To mix things up I Dual spec'd at 40 and go Chicken in LFG. The Chicken can also level as quick as a feral if you can time your Innervates right. The only advice I would give re-chicken is you might find some mobs immune to your spells. But on the plus side you only really need 1 set of gear for Chicken and Resto. They are very close to each other gear wise (for lower levels)

Deleted

Get the pvp BoA shoulders, because imo it's better for feral then the PvE one. Get the BoA chest, BoA 2h mace. Also haste/2% health on kill trinkets x2.

On shoulders get Aldor/Scryer enchants if you have access to it (they become active @ lvl 70), on chest +4 stats if possible or +3 (more common) and on weapon +25 agi.

Also 4 20 slot bags if you can easily afford them, if not, stick to 16 slotters, they are cheaper.

Other than grit your teeth and endure the incredibly boring first 20 levels, after tha tit gets fun, you get kitty form.

And as others said, for fastest leveling, qeue up as tank for LFG after lvl 16 (it's the level where you get Swipe)

If you really have money to throw around an/or all proffs maxed, prepare enchantment scrolls for yourslef. Untill lvl 35 gear use +9 str on hands and wrists and +9 agi (or was it 7?) on boots. After lvl 35 gear, use the tbc AP enchants on hands and wrists and + 10 crit/hit on boots. After lvl 60 you can use northrend enchants, just remember, stick to the cheaper enchants. That really helps you with leveling.

Oh and get only gathering proffessions. Skinning/mining or skinning/herbing is a good idea to level while questing and generally running around the game world. (herb/mining isn't a good idea, cuz you can only have 1 tracking enabled on your minimap). But if you plan on not questing and only leveling through LFG then don't bother with them.

First of all; sucks to not have legs for 5 weeks. Hope you recover fast.

Second:

Feral is the way to go if you're going the questing way. stats: Stamina/Agility/Strength

If you're going for LFD tool then you should go restoration. Healers gets fastest queues under lvl 80. Not many is lvling as healer, as it sucks.

If you're going for fastest lvling I would go Feral and do quests until lvl 40. But always queue for LFD while questing. As feral you can tank and dps, so sign up for whatever you think is most fun(however, nobody want a bad tank. Make sure you know the rotation[Not that it's hard]).

At lvl 40 go Restoration for LFD and Feral for questing.

If you want to go Balance then do it. But do it when you're 70+ if not you'll see why they call it oomkin before 70.(I might be wrong, not lvled mine in a year)

Did I miss anything?
    Did I say something confusing?
    Did I say something wrong?
    Then feel free to change anything.

im doing the same at the moment (rerolling a druid for cataclysm) start with feral till 40 then get Dualspec resto and just do quests and Q for instances as tank or healer make sure you have heirlooms and if you can have them both for healer and feral youll hit 80 in no time, i started from 1 about 2 days ago and im 50+ allready

till 20 everything is boring, irritating and so on... feral is pretty sweet for soloing all the way to 80 after that but after 40 you can also choose to roll Boomkin which is a coll idea since you can dual-spec resto and have ability to both heal and dps in instances (in one gear)... moonkin also gives you great soloing abilities... you can kill any mob without a problem as long as it is susceptible to Entangling Roots

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I have just finished lvling my lvl 80 druid a few days ago..The thing that I basically did was taking 4 Heirloom items so youll get 2x 10% more experience while lvling and thats pretty sweet.

The Heirlooms are :

* The Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders
    * The Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders
    * Repurposed Lava Dredger for Feral
    * Dignified Headmaster's Charge For Resto

Then I was questing till lvl 60 and took Dualspec for Resto got some healing gear and started healing dungeons till lvl 80..Healing is fairly easy and youll get 3-4 bars every run
    When you start healing Wotlk normal dungeons you also gain 2 Triumph badges every single day..so if you ding 80 you can allready buy alot off 80 gear at the Triumph vendor

Good luck

10+ Year Old Account

Both Feral and Balance is perfectly fine leveling specs. Though Feral is a little better, and you can do some Tanking in Dungeons as that, so i would recommend Feral.

There is a Druid Leveling sticky here too, which you could read: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...eveling-guide/

And good recovery with those legs, woah.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

10+ Year Old Account

feral and heirloom items...not really any other tips except avoid bgs and instances and just quest 0o

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Go kitty until you get bear. Tank until lvl 40 (and kitty quest in between). Dual spec resto at 40.

Have a blast the whole way through. Druids are a blast to play.

You broke BOTH your legs?? Omfg
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

here's a good tip: roll something fun instead.
    http://www.formspring.me/SophiaEzco

1. Don't waste time on heirlooms - perhaps just the staff. The amount of time running to get heriloom items doesn't make up for the time saved on xp bonus. Not to mention if you use new LFG the blue item stats outweigh heirlooms and give you something to play for besides the grind.

2. Feral kitty is great for low levels.. Once your 40 though go dual spec and get a heal offspec and try and tank as much as possible.. with heal/dps/tank specs you will have instant queues for lfg

3. Use lfg questing can be boring in druid starting zones if you ask me and if you're not going for loremaster the new lfg system is quite a fast way to progress.

4. Don't forget you get xp in bgs.. bgs are fun - especially as druid! even if you just want to stay back and heal its fast xp and easy rewards and the honor doesn't expire like your gear does

As for reinforcing what others have said, get big bags, sell everything you get, loot everything. I leveled my druid a year ago and i had epic flyer, cold weather flying, druid flight forms and 3k gold left over by the time i hit 80. dungeon grinding landed me a few epics that paved the way to easy cash and fast leveling plus good experience that translated to quick raids at 80.