Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot paladin taunt macro

Hello,

I am trying to make a macro that will :
    1. Taunt my target if it's not targeting me.
    2. Taunt my mouseover if my mouseover is not attacking me, but my target is attacking me, else jump to step 1 and taunt my target.

is it possible?
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot paladin taunt macro

No, unfortunately. You can't have the game auto-cast spells for you (for this circumstance).

Erm. Where is the auto-cast part? There is no auto casting or anything similar in what I want.

Edit: miss-spell

Why not just use the Taunt ability if your target is attacking you? It makes no sense to make a macro to just cast the spell like normal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

This macro is not supposed to cast taunt if target is attacking me, double read my text please.

I am trying to get this up so I can taunt a mob without losing aggro on what I currently have.

No it is not possible, and why the two topics about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

If your target is on you, and you want to taunt something else, just use RD, it isn't auto used so you can select your target...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted

You can't make this macro because there is only a limited amount of conditionals that you can use.
    For example if target is friendly or enemy, if it's alive or dead.
    What I do is to use a mouseover macro that uses taunt if it's over an enemy and righteous defence if it's over friendly target. To check if the target is attacking you activate nameplates. Some nameplates addons might help if the aggro of the mobs is not very visible with the default UI.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omid the younger
    This macro is not supposed to cast taunt if target is attacking me, double read my text please.

I am trying to get this up so I can taunt a mob without losing aggro on what I currently have.
    If you only want it to taunt a mob once it is not targeting you, you just hit the Taunt button- you could make it a mouseover too. But if that is what you intension is, it is alreadt built into the spell.

Nameplate addons would help in this regard. Most raid/party frame addons have an aggro highlighting option that changes the color of the frame and/or border if the person has aggro.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Rayocell - BE Paladin (Holy/Prot)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Durashell - UD Rogue (Combat/Sub)

10+ Year Old Account

I believe he wants to stick this macro into his regular rotation so it will taunt if, and only if, he loses aggro. This is called botting/autocasting and isn't supported by blizzard.

Can't be done

Edit to Clarify:

/cast hammer of the cleave
    /taunt macro

and do that for every spell

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    If your target is on you, and you want to taunt something else, just use RD, it isn't auto used so you can select your target...?
    ^This

There used to be a Righteous Defense macro in BC, but they changed the spell to do the same thing now.

/popcorn enthusiast!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tykku
    I believe he wants to stick this macro into his regular rotation so it will taunt if, and only if, he loses aggro. This is called botting/autocasting and isn't supported by blizzard.

Can't be done

Edit to Clarify:

/cast hammer of the cleave
    /taunt macro

and do that for every spell
    No. You can't build /taunt into every spell, after the first 3, said mob becomes immune and it is then useless. This is especially bad if you are fighting something that needs to be taunted off you (i.e.Saurfang, PP, Sindy, etc.).

/popcorn enthusiast!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rege
    No. You can't build /taunt into every spell, after the first 3, said mob becomes immune and it is then useless. This is especially bad if you are fighting something that needs to be taunted off you (i.e.Saurfang, PP, Sindy, etc.).
    Hence why he wants the macro to ONLY taunt when he doesn't have aggro, which can't be done.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omid the younger
    Hello,

I am trying to make a macro that will :
    1. Taunt my target if it's not targeting me.
    2. Taunt my mouseover if my mouseover is not attacking me, but my target is attacking me, else jump to step 1 and taunt my target.

is it possible?
    So lemme get this straight.

You want something that will taunt a mob if it's not attacking you without clicking on said mob and pushing a button?

If /target Mob, cast /taunt is not easy enough, then iunno if tanking should be your role. Try dps?

/popcorn enthusiast!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Instead of looking for a taunt macro you could also look @ your own skills.
    As you really shouldnt loose aggro on any mobs as a decent pally tank.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

The inability of most people to understand what you want aside, no it's not possible. Macros aren't intended to be able to make decisions for you, so Blizzard try to make sure they can't be coded in a way that does.

It used to be possible to do a certain amount of decision making using the /stopmacro command (could have probably done what you want), but it seems as if at some point between February and now Blizzard changed it so it no longer accepts conditions, and just stops the macro regardless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    The inability of most people to understand what you want aside, no it's not possible. Macros aren't intended to be able to make decisions for you, so Blizzard try to make sure they can't be coded in a way that does.

It used to be possible to do a certain amount of decision making using the /stopmacro command (could have probably done what you want), but it seems as if at some point between February and now Blizzard changed it so it no longer accepts conditions, and just stops the macro regardless.
    ^

You can certainly create 2 separate macros that will easily do both of the functions you want, but you cannot combine them so that you can use any type of "if" and "else" function for the macro to in a sense, do the thinking for you.

While you can make a macro that will operate both on a mouseover target and your own target, you cannot get it to work like you are asking, as has been explained. There is no way for a macro to check who your mob is targetting or who has highest threat/agro. This is intentionally done by Blizzard to make you have to think about when to press buttons.

The closest macro you will get is this:
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm] Hand of Reckoning; Hand of Reckoning

(I believe this is correct, though it may be possible to shorten it)
    What this does is check for an enemy under your mouse, and if so, taunts it, otherwise casts taunt as normal, ie on your current target. As has been said, it cannot check for agro, so you will need to find some other way of figuring that out. I suggest the addon TidyPlates to give you really good obvious nameplates to taunt.

Deleted

There is an addon that is pretty good for taunting without having to switch targets/ losing aggro called tauntmaster http://www.wowinterface.com/download...untMaster.html