Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: I wonder if Dark Simulacrum will also work on beneficial spells...

It copies the spell back to the caster with dark simulacrum on it.
    That's my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrhmak
    so, if:
    ally mage uses fireball on horde warrior
    ally Dk uses DS on the same horde warrior that uses Spell reflect...
    Then nothing would happen because the warrior hasn't used an offensive ability yet.

In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.
    I'm just gonna go ahead and quote this part because it seems it can't be said too many times
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

Heres how it WILL work:

DS is cast on OPPONENTS only

DS copies the next offensive spell used by the opponent - Spells that arent OFFENSIVE such as DIVINE SHIELD wont be copied.

2-Way spells such as HOLY SHOCK or PENANCE can only be reflected if used OFFENSIVELY, in which case they will be copied by the death knight in the same manner - OFFENSIVELY - meaning you wont be healed from it and will use it as a damaging attack. The whole scripting in this area could cause problems, so keep in mind that blizzard may just make it so these spells may not be copied by DS, though it is unlikely.

It will not copy a spell Shield Reflected by a warrior (Why would u cast it on a warrior anyway?), or any other reflect, since they didn't cast it themselves.

Here are some questionable factors about it:

Will DS be a Spell or a Strike?

If it's a spell, what's the range?

If it's a spell, what happens when you copy another DS?

If it's a spell, what happens when it's spell reflected to yourself?

What limits exist on it for bosses or other mobs?

This should clarify things up somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrazja
    Seriously, it won't. That would be f$cking stupid of Blizz to miss a potential infinite loop scenario.
    A few months ago, there was a bug with Glyph of Power Word: Shield that allowed a priest to take "ownership" of the next spell cast by whoever they shielded. Literally. If you're timing was right, you could shield a tank while he taunted a boss, and the priest would jump to the top of the threat meter (and subsequently die, lol.) I was able to make soul shards on my priest by shielding my warlock wife while she made them. (I still have 2 of them in my inventory and will never get rid of them.)

The reason I quote the infinite loop scenario is because, well... it was possible to crash realms (seriously) by shielding a mage as they cast spellsteal on something. Tee hee.

The bug only lasted for about 24 hours before it was hotfixed. But it was some serious fun.