rollin priest, any tips?

so i have a 80 druid and im bored off him so id like to start a new toon and that will be a priest

Do you have some tips for me ?

i know its vague but i cant explain myself very well in english (not my native language)

greets

Dark

Re: rollin priest, any tips?

What spec do you plan on going?
    If your looking to level quickly through Random Dungeons then I suggest you go holy at least till 40. Then at 40 I would buy dual-spec and have a shadow Offspec.

Also Disc is not really that great of a choice until 40-50+ so if your looking to play a disc priest I would suggest you wait. FOr my priest I played holy to 40 then went shadow to 70. Then back to holy at 70 this was pre-WotLK. And then once Dualspec came out I got it and had a holy and a shadow spec. Shadow is way better for soloing obviously and has great mana regen so dual spec would be a good investment if you intend on doing soloing at some point, whether it be quests or elite mobs. And shadow is fun to run instances and raids with too with nice utilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

The most important thing imo is to always have a good wand at all times. Make sure to upgrade it every 5 lvls or so. This will help with your downtime until about lvl 40 or 50.

15+ Year Old Account

As someone who is currently levelling a priest (just hit 67 last night) I have to say my one tip is: don't give up.

Before 40 it was terrible. I tried leveling disc, shadow, and holy.... every levelling spec I could find, I tried, and all were painful and mana-inefficient. This is speaking as someone who loves levelling normally and has levelled two druids btw.

Once I got shadowform, it was tolerable. But still pretty painful. Mind blast, dot, Mind Flay, wand. Ugh. I respecced disc and basically slugged my way through to level 58 doing almost exclusively dungeons. Disc mana efficiency wasn't the greatest until around level 50.

Then at 61 I made shadow my off-spec and decided to give it a go again. Somewhere along the lines shadow had changed from an unwieldy, awkward, mana-chugging thing to a thing of beauty. I never, ever run out of mana soloing as shadow. Ever. I pull 5 mobs at once, dot them up, and get taken down to about 50%. Then I pop Dispersion, I'm back at full mana, and I can pull another 5 if I want. If I take one or two at a time only, I don't drop below 80% and I never have to wand anymore.

So again, my advice is... don't give up. It gets better, a lot better. I swear it does.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle
    As someone who is currently levelling a priest (just hit 67 last night) I have to say my one tip is: don't give up.

Before 40 it was terrible. I tried leveling disc, shadow, and holy.... every levelling spec I could find, I tried, and all were painful and mana-inefficient. This is speaking as someone who loves levelling normally and has levelled two druids btw.

Once I got shadowform, it was tolerable. But still pretty painful. Mind blast, dot, Mind Flay, wand. Ugh. I respecced disc and basically slugged my way through to level 58 doing almost exclusively dungeons. Disc mana efficiency wasn't the greatest until around level 50.

Then at 61 I made shadow my off-spec and decided to give it a go again. Somewhere along the lines shadow had changed from an unwieldy, awkward, mana-chugging thing to a thing of beauty. I never, ever run out of mana soloing as shadow. Ever. I pull 5 mobs at once, dot them up, and get taken down to about 50%. Then I pop Dispersion, I'm back at full mana, and I can pull another 5 if I want. If I take one or two at a time only, I don't drop below 80% and I never have to wand anymore.

So again, my advice is... don't give up. It gets better, a lot better. I swear it does.
    Tnx all you guys.

the thing i quoted is pretty much the thing i ment. I wanna level as shadow but i heard from people that priest leveling is a pain in the *ss. Do you guys have a spec hint for me or so?

10+ Year Old Account

Spriest lvling isn't that bad tbh. There is just a lot of downtime in the early stages. Just buy lots of drinks and you'll do fine. Be sure to pick up Spirit tap in full.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Seeing as you have an 80 already, get the BoA Gear (the spell power trinkets with the mana return stack, get 2), Staff + 30 spell power, shoulders, chest (I did 100 mana enchant, works really well at the low levels).

All that extra spell power means mobs die fast, so you use less mana. I leveled shadow 1-80, and it took just a couple weeks (during down time from raiding).

Other then that, pick skills that increase your hit rating and mana regen early on, and for the most part, dot, dot ding.

Stock up on +spellpower. Spec holy/disc smite spam spec until you get to Northrend, then go shadow.

Don't

jk jk

I'm still fairly confused if you want to pvp or pve

i wanne pve most times but a little wintergrasp would be fine also, sometimes a bg but mostly pve.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22
    Seeing as you have an 80 already, get the BoA Gear (the spell power trinkets with the mana return stack, get 2), Staff + 30 spell power, shoulders, chest (I did 100 mana enchant, works really well at the low levels).

All that extra spell power means mobs die fast, so you use less mana. I leveled shadow 1-80, and it took just a couple weeks (during down time from raiding).

Other then that, pick skills that increase your hit rating and mana regen early on, and for the most part, dot, dot ding.
    Pretty much this, BoA will help a sh*t loads, and ofc with the 20%? increased exp Make sure you take Spirit tap in shadow though, its an un written rule
    PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22
    2), Staff + 30 spell power
    Just a personal preference here but I am using the mace with +30 spellpower and upgrading off-hands as I go. The stats seem to work out better and are more flexible as you level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

level shadow

Level as shadow! I've never had as much fun from 60-80, and I've lvled 6 toons to 80.