Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: about the ruby sanctum trinket

I'll shy away from the human part of these calculations as i don't ever get more than 50ms in raids and i'm very thankfull for Apple making a metal keyboard as it sees a lot of button bashing.
    Isn't a .1 sec delay on Immo hitting the GCD now and then worth less then the extra Incinerates you get to cast during the same fight length with a higher amount of haste?
    Also, my Incinerates during Backdraft are at 1.2s cast time and i'm not stoping untill i get them at 1s. And Backdraft also lowers the GCD by 30% so you still have .33s to spare for lag or reaction time...
    I would be a very very happy lock if i can get both this and DFO! But seeing as i have the worst luck in trinkets i probably won't get either one
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    Isn't a .1 sec delay on Immo hitting the GCD now and then worth less then the extra Incinerates you get to cast during the same fight length with a higher amount of haste?
    I'm not going to do any maths, because I'm at work and the figures don't really matter. A gain in haste will never cease to result in a net gain in dps (until every single spell is at 1 second cast time or less). However, we're used to the scale factor of haste being nice and high, things like reaction time and lag reduce the effectiveness of haste, and in an ideal sim would be factored in to the calculation of the scale factors, reducing the value of haste relative to all other stats.

This is one reason why Modez' project is so useful.

@those calculating the various haste caps
    Remember that backdraft reduces cast time and GCD in concert, and that it reduces cast time by 30% rather than increasing cast speed by 30%.

'When you cast Conflagrate, the cast time and global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells is reduced by 30%. Lasts 15 sec.'

This would mean 2 things:

1) The haste cap under backdraft will be exactly the same as the haste cap without backdraft where all other conditions are the same.

2) Backdraft would reduce the GCD to 0.7 seconds not 0.77.

Edit: Apologies, the second half of this post is duplicating something written above.

I've never seen anyone actually show compelling evidence that the GCD gets shorter than 1 second, could someone cite a source?

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney

'When you cast Conflagrate, the cast time and global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells is reduced by 30%. Lasts 15 sec.'

This would mean 2 things:

1) The haste cap under backdraft will be exactly the same as the haste cap without backdraft where all other conditions are the same.

2) Backdraft would reduce the GCD to 0.7 seconds not 0.77.
    Hmm didn't I post everything you said like 2 or 3 posts ago? I'm pretty sure I did. Why post it AGAIN 2 posts later.

Deleted

Top part was what I was thinking about. bottom part was because I noticed somone talking about 0.77 seconds as being 30% reduction of 1. I didn't read your post, so it wasn't intended to correct you. sorry if you thought it was.

@Warlocomotif

I've no idea if it's true. I remember they fixed backdraft so that 1.5 second cast spells could still benefit from it and there was some discussion about it then, since it's not strictly a haste effect. On the other hand there's no good reason to think the 1 second GCD limit is purely there to limit the effect of haste.

The last line in my post covers the 0.7 seconds :P

And

HOW DARE YOU NOT READ MY POST ARHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!

:P

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe I will finally be able to replace Abyssal Rune! LOL JK I'll never win this thing either. :