Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

WotLK hate threads: All in one (please read this one)

Anyone else tired about the over 9000 "WotLK suxx" threads? Well, what if we just let a mod make a section (which wouldn't appear on the Front Page) to allow all the people who hated this expansion, vent off their anger? Honestly it was all right first, but now when "Ihatelolwrath" with 2 posts makes another thread, I think we could implement this, and swing the banhammer. They did it with people who asked for fake emails, so they can do it here, and they would be allowed to post, but in a separate thread.
    I hope someone can considerate this, after all, it's their opinion, but that way, they wouldn't piss off the rest of the people (and it IS getting out of hand... Even with Sulfuric gone).
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Re: WotLK hate threads: All in one (please read this one)

Oh god yes. It is just... FFFFFFUUUUUUU------------------

The one thread with like 50 pages on the general forums is idiotic. I read about 30 pages total and noticed 20 or so people replied to the same post, with the same logic, and many just had a "yep" or "nowai l2p quit qqqqqqq". Few posts had... unique things to say. a lot of people gave explanations, but most of them were simply stating the same thing with different words as the guy 4 posts above him said.

Don't banhammer them, just respond not to make topics like that and lock. Or make a sticky that is "QQ here if you hate WotLK" and a new one 3 months into cataclysm "Post here if you liked WotLK". Then, see how many of those QQers enjoy wotlk now that cataclysm is out. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Oh god yes. It is just... FFFFFFUUUUUUU------------------

The one thread with like 50 pages on the general forums is idiotic. I read about 30 pages total and noticed 20 or so people replied to the same post, with the same logic, and many just had a "yep" or "nowai l2p quit qqqqqqq". Few posts had... unique things to say. a lot of people gave explanations, but most of them were simply stating the same thing with different words as the guy 4 posts above him said.

Don't banhammer them, just respond not to make topics like that and lock. Or make a sticky that is "QQ here if you hate WotLK" and a new one 3 months into cataclysm "Post here if you liked WotLK". Then, see how many of those QQers enjoy wotlk now that cataclysm is out. :S
    That would be an awesome idea, sadly I don't know if this suggestion will be actually read, hopefully it is, cause this is going to get out of hand... Again, and people ALWAYS respond. Thanks for reading it though

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

NP. It just really annoys me. Literally half the posts in that thread are ones replying to this (and the other 200 variations in that very thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpug
    Stop playing then if your just going to QQ. Nub
    As well as the "Have you killed LK 25 heroic mode?". Those are just spammed so much. Even on page 49 The guy I quoted above felt his opinion was necessary and had not been posted yet. Because of "spammers" like these, more intelligent posts that contribute to the discussion get overlooked.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

The funny thing?

They whined about how bad it was and still played through the whole damn thing.

*a restaurant somewhere in New Jersey...*

Waiter: Yes, sir?
    Client: Yes, I want to file a complaint. I found my linguini rather... bland. I'd like a refund.
    *waiter looks at the empty plate, then at the obese client patting his stomach and wiping the sauce off his mouth*
    *waiter smiles with annoyance* But you've already eaten the food, sir. I am afraid we can't-
    Client: OMG THAT SUX! I R SUE N HAXXORZ U!!!

Yeah. That's what I see them as.
    Vengeance... it is not what you take back. It is what you justly return.

'The Assassin Commoner' - Story
    Magister Adrius Frostglare - Forsaken
    AdriusFrostglare - Deviant Art Page

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

True, but sadly, if you reply with suggestions or decent arguments defending the game, they'll throw shit on you, and if you say it sucks, even saying "DURRR WOTLK IZ RECYCLED CONTENTZ IZ SUXX" they'll praise you, atleast the trolls. I understand if they dislike it, I respect the opinion, but once I see 100 threads, the respect goes to hell, and I want to get a mod to lock it. Maybe I could PM this idea... I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWh94
    True, but sadly, if you reply with suggestions or decent arguments defending the game, they'll throw shit on you, and if you say it sucks, even saying "DURRR WOTLK IZ RECYCLED CONTENTZ IZ SUXX" they'll praise you, atleast the trolls. I understand if they dislike it, I respect the opinion, but once I see 100 threads, the respect goes to hell, and I want to get a mod to lock it. Maybe I could PM this idea... I don't know
    They whine because it's the same and yet they whine because it's different.

Let me introduce you to a little something.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...easableFanbase

Also, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adrius Frostglare
    The funny thing?

They whined about how bad it was and still played through the whole damn thing.

*a restaurant somewhere in New Jersey...*

Waiter: Yes, sir?
    Client: Yes, I want to file a complaint. I found my linguini rather... bland. I'd like a refund.
    *waiter looks at the empty plate, then at the obese client patting his stomach and wiping the sauce off his mouth*
    *waiter smiles with annoyance* But you've already eaten the food, sir. I am afraid we can't-
    Client: OMG THAT SUX! I R SUE N HAXXORZ U!!!

Yeah. That's what I see them as.
    I have a pretty similar opinion, but I think it's not worth telling them anymore, so I just try and avoid those threads.
    If they would express their dislike, but in only one topic, I wouldn't mind. But this is too much, and someone should do something. All I know is that when a poll was made, most of the ratings for WotLK were B or B+ (7-8), not F (1) so I guess not everyone hates this. Yet we seem to HAVE to listen to their opinion. (I preferred the Alliance Vs. Horde threads).

I'm just wondering why so many hate it. I was kinda surprised when all the hate threads popped up, hadn't really heard any discontent until I saw them. Its not the most terrible thing that happened. I kinda enjoyed it.

Maybe I'm just weird. :-\

They whine because it's the same and yet they whine because it's different.
    I notice this happens in most games, but like you said they still played through it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Which is why I say, why not give them a thread (that wouldn't appear on the front page) where they could vent their frustration and talk about their hate about Wrath and all that? They did it with the fake e-mails thing, and that didn't upset me like this does (Cause they've been QQ'ing since BC, but with different usernames, maybe they gave up and some new people took their place).

Well, I'll leave for now, hopefully we'll get some more to read it. Maybe even mods.

The people who "hated" wrath of the lich king hated it because it was the death of true reward for time invested, and it was the death of difficulty of the game. I find people defending wrath of the lich king blindly even more offensive than people criticizing it. When a product you pay for and have paid for for many years becomes intolerable or unenjoyable you have a right as a customer to criticize and complain about it, and that's exactly what hundreds of thousands of people are doing. Why you'd want people to be banned for voicing an opinion on a forum baffles me, I think you're a bigot.

Ya I don't know I wish the mods would take a somewhat harsher stance.

I like having places to insult dumb trolls but the Most Recent Posts is like 50% this tripe most of the time. It kinda sucks. People don't discuss raiding or pvp or anything just omg wotlk sux da donkey d followed by omg cataclysm worgen female model wank wank.

Main issue is the quality of the discussions. If people were giving level headed and reasonable opinions you'd see some really good threads about this. Instead its some guy nerd raging followed by a bunch of trolling and childish insults.

And yes I fall into the latter category but it does get dull.

Oh hell yeah this thread is going to devolve into trolling BOO YAH LET THE SPAM BEGIN

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBiased
    The people who "hated" wrath of the lich king hated it because it was the death of true reward for time invested, and it was the death of difficulty of the game.
    Maybe it was, but there's no need to make 500 threads about that, and there were over 100000 (oh yea, Google it) about how BC sucked and such, yet it was also a sweet X-pac, again, my idea is giving everyone who dislikes Wrath a thread to vent out their frustration, and well, maybe dream of different ideas for it, so we'd reduce the amount of "Lolwrathsuxx" 2 post trolls here. Don't misunderstand me, some of you have great reasons to hate it, a lot of you do. But the other 50% are trolls who want attention, which is why a separate thread, or section (even Rp'ers got one, so you could ask) would help.
    It's just an idea that could be implemented, maybe even suggest how your ideal raids would be, so you could post some stuff in that section, and it would be a lot better for people (And you know people will praise the "variety" Wrath gave in Cata, atleast a lot of players, I've seen some quit cause they will raid only 1 difficulty, the QQ will be the same, so let's try to make some topics stop).

Edit: PrettyBiased, I think you are an ass now, was there any need for the insult? I propose a section where you can post your ideas, cause you are NOT convincing anyone with your rant anymore, you just anger people already. And seriously, people can't ask about fake emails,(this was a wise choice, and I don't see much people rejecting this idea for now) but we have to stand the 500 topics about the Wrath hate? (I'd say Over 9000, but I'll avoid that meme).

Edit 2: Sorry PrettyBiased, thought the insult was directed to me... Sorry again :P Still, give your opinions on this idea. I would hate to see the thread derailed (but it'll be derailed, if we get a troll who was lurking Mmo-champ)

The people who "hated" wrath of the lich king hated it because it was the death of true reward for time invested, and it was the death of difficulty of the game. I find people defending wrath of the lich king blindly even more offensive than people criticizing it. When a product you pay for and have paid for for many years becomes intolerable or unenjoyable you have a right as a customer to criticize and complain about it, and that's exactly what hundreds of thousands of people are doing. Why you'd want people to be banned for voicing an opinion on a forum baffles me, I think you're a bigot.
    I do not recall saying the word "banned". As with all things taken to extremes, it is too much. The fact that there are 100+ posts when one would suffice reveals that 50% of the intention is to call for attention like a spoiled brat.

I do not defend it because it's what everyone thinks. Similarly to how you claim yours should not be criticized. Nor do I blind myself to its faults, as it has them. All things do. I simply realize that I shouldn't look for perfection when there is no hope of it. Even Cataclysm, I bet you, will be criticized.

I liked Wrath because it brought me closer to a continent, villain, and lore that I truly adore. It showed me some surprising twists, story endings, new spells, new locations, new everything. It just made things spicier. It may just be that I'm not into PVP or PVE and thus I don't care so much for that stuff, but in my honest opinion, it topped the monotone, repetitive feel of Vanilla and the technicolor flashiness of TBC.

EDIT TO ADD: my paladin-sigged friend above me and I seem to have struck the same point XD

Quote Originally Posted by FrostFortyTwo
    I'm just wondering why so many hate it. I was kinda surprised when all the hate threads popped up, hadn't really heard any discontent until I saw them. Its not the most terrible thing that happened. I kinda enjoyed it.

Maybe I'm just weird. :-\

I notice this happens in most games, but like you said they still played through it.
    It's the... somethign effect.

It's like what a new virus breaks out, everybody and their grandmother thinks they have it. One thread about wotlk sucking pops up, and 10 more pop up. Each one feels that they have a unique voice and point of view that is different from the other 9 threads, when in reality it is the same point with different words.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

I do not recall saying the word "banned". As with all things taken to extremes, it is too much. The fact that there are 100+ posts when one would suffice reveals that 50% of the intention is to call for attention like a spoiled brat.

I do not defend it because it's what everyone thinks. Similarly to how you claim yours should not be criticized. Nor do I blind myself to its faults, as it has them. All things do. I simply realize that I shouldn't look for perfection when there is no hope of it. Even Cataclysm, I bet you, will be criticized.

I liked Wrath because it brought me closer to a continent, villain, and lore that I truly adore. It showed me some surprising twists, story endings, new spells, new locations, new everything. It just made things spicier. It may just be that I'm not into PVP or PVE and thus I don't care so much for that stuff, but in my honest opinion, it topped the monotone, repetitive feel of Vanilla and the technicolor flashiness of TBC.

EDIT TO ADD: my paladin-sigged friend above me and I seem to have struck the same point XD
    Yup, we do have the same opinions, well, maybe the thread will get some new reads, maybe it'll be trolled, but I'll check it every once in a while for now. That doesn't mean I don't respect their opinions, and actually, BC was pretty awesome too (but I was ret... So I didn't like THAT so much...) but when they just want attention and not present it in a respectful manner, or start trolling after the first post... Well that's where the thread should be locked

PS:Any mods read this already? :P

Honestly it was all right first, but now when "Ihatelolwrath" with 2 posts makes another thread, I think we could implement this, and swing the banhammer.
    Right in the Original post, I never claimed you said it and I also never quoted you.

Wrath brought you closer to a continent? I think you're the first person to say that in the world, everything I have ever experienced and read and everything I myself have done as a WOTLK player is fly over the continent to an instance portal. The only time I spent in the actual continent was leveling through it, but I suppose you farmed a lot or something? I found Wotlk to be far more repetitive than TBC ever was, with multiple lockouts of the same instance, and completely reused instances like Onyxia and Naxx I don't know how anyone could call wrath less repetitive than anything else.

Maybe it was, but there's no need to make 500 threads about that, and there were over 100000 (oh yea, Google it) about how BC sucked and such, yet it was also a sweet X-pac, again, my idea is giving everyone who dislikes Wrath a thread to vent out their frustration, and well, maybe dream of different ideas for it, so we'd reduce the amount of "Lolwrathsuxx" 2 post trolls here. Don't misunderstand me, some of you have great reasons to hate it, a lot of you do. But the other 50% are trolls who want attention, which is why a separate thread, or section (even Rp'ers got one, so you could ask) would help.
    It's just an idea that could be implemented, maybe even suggest how your ideal raids would be, so you could post some stuff in that section, and it would be a lot better for people (And you know people will praise the "variety" Wrath gave in Cata, atleast a lot of players, I've seen some quit cause they will raid only 1 difficulty, the QQ will be the same, so let's try to make some topics stop).
    I have seen many people propose the exact threads you've spoken of and get flamed out of these forums by the very large bandwagon of WOTLK loyalists, there is intolerance on both sides of the fence.

Edit: PrettyBiased, I think you are an ass now, was there any need for the insult? I propose a section where you can post your ideas, cause you are NOT convincing anyone with your rant anymore, you just anger people already. And seriously, people can't ask about fake emails,(this was a wise choice, and I don't see much people rejecting this idea for now) but we have to stand the 500 topics about the Wrath hate? (I'd say Over 9000, but I'll avoid that meme).
    Calling you a bigot is not really an insult, you may take offense to it but it's calling you intolerant which at least to me your original post clearly demonstrates. You slandered someones name in your post which I found to be rather petty, and that is where my stance is taking place from now.

Edit 2: Sorry PrettyBiased, thought the insult was directed to me... Sorry again :P Still, give your opinions on this idea. I would hate to see the thread derailed (but it'll be derailed, if we get a troll who was lurking Mmo-champ)
    Very well I'm for a forum on critique where players are allowed to criticize anything, but I feel that there are enough forums and enough room for players to critique within them. I don't think anyone should ever be banned for anything short of violating the terms of service here. This whole "troll" mentality is foolish and the term is being thrown around way too often, to simply disagree with someone else here is enough to be branded as a troll.

There are idiots and trolls on both sides of the fence, no reason to defend either. Although the complaining side has more of them due to the fact that most people show up on forums to QQ (usually ignorant, riduculous QQ), imo.

And how exactly was Wrath "the death of true reward for time invested?" You mean you don't have to farm as much as in TBC or Vanilla? It's your opinion, don't state it as a universal truth.

For many people (casuals), it made the game a lot more enjoyable. The difficulty of many ICC hardmodes is on par with SWP and BT. The LK 25 HM in particular showed itself as the hardest fight in-game to date. Ofc, there were limited attempts so I can't be 100% sure. Ulduar hardmodes weren't a walk in the park either.

On topic: I don't even know why it bothers you. So people QQ about something, how does it affect you? :/ The reason there are many similar replies in one thread is because everyone wants to voice THEIR own opinion and that's perfectly normal. And if a thread is really long, most won't bother with reading replies so they have no idea someone already said what they're about to say as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor
    There are idiots and trolls on both sides of the fence, no reason to defend either. Although the complaining side has more of them due to the fact that most people show up on forums to QQ (usually ignorant, riduculous QQ), imo.

And how exactly was Wrath "the death of true reward for time invested?" You mean you don't have to farm as much as in TBC or Vanilla? It's your opinion, don't state it as a universal truth.

For many people (casuals), it made the game a lot more enjoyable. The difficulty of many ICC hardmodes is on par with SWP and BT. The LK 25 HM in particular showed itself as the hardest fight in-game to date. Ofc, there were limited attempts so I can't be 100% sure. Ulduar hardmodes weren't a walk in the park either.
    As a high end raider of every expansion of this game, I will tell you that is absolutely a universal truth that you do not have to farm even a third as much in WOTLK than you did in vanilla, and more or less farm the same as you had to in TBC. Wrath (this is where my opinion comes into play, see I can differentiate between fact and opinion) to me killed the reward of high end raiding, getting to see a boss used to be a reward, now it is a static variable and a given that reward is dead and gone. Another reward was unique looking weapons and high end gear, now there is still high end gear but it looks exactly the same as anything else which lessens the feel, lessens the pride, lessens the accomplishment. The difficulty of very few hardmodes are on par with SWP and I'd concede many of them are on par with black temple but then again we're talking about an entire expansion here, and you're citing (as nearly everyone does) a single boss.

Eh, I guess I look at the art and the lore more than I do the instances and the raids and the PVP. Even those have a story and art behind them. Really loved the music score, too.

I did farm for quite a bit of stuff (damn you, Frost Giant rep... and damn you, too, frostweave!), but more than anything I enjoy role playing. It adds an entirely new dimension to the game. Once you start to behold something to its emotional depth, it really does make it more alive, and Wrath/WoW is just one of millions of examples.

Of course, the downside is that I sometimes am not happy with the way things turn, but then I learn to be at peace with that. This isn't a fanfic where everything we want will happen, after all, and the unpredictability is what makes it worthwhile. For example, the Wrathgate/Battle for Undercity event took me by surprise and I enjoyed it, but Garrosh becoming Warchief? Eh, not as much, but that's a whole other tangent.

All I'm saying is, perhaps my opinion is centered less on game statistics and more on the artistic soul of the game. I've made up my mind in believing video games, like music and movies and books and paintings, are works of art born of the minds and hands of people.

EDIT TO ADD: To those who believe the game killed the "feeling of accomplishment", allow me to tell you something: what have you to be proud of? Of course within your social groups and demographic it will be a high achievement, but a game is not worth playing if it is only to elevate your pride and give you gloating rights. Nothing really ever is. Find something meaningful in the game instead of simply pixeled shiny things and fancy loot. Be glad that more people are there to share with you.

It feels like I'm arguing about nobles and peasants, really. Throughout history, the higher ups always felt embittered when those beneath them came even an inch closer to them. It's a psychological and natural ugliness within all of us as a race that I, personally, believe should be overcome. Now, that is simply my own personal thought, not a stone-written truth, but I stick by it regardless.