Thread: Mugunruk

Mugunruk

Name: Mugunruk (Muh-gun-ruk)

Race: Undead Blood Elf

Class: Death Knight

Personality: Cold, calculating, devoid of almost any emotion

History:

Mugunruk remembers little of his past life, the life he actually lived, not this bleak existence of undeath. Mugunruk served as a commander in the Scourge army, tasked with not only training Death Knights, but leading small campaigns. He took pride in who he had become, serving his master, the Lich King. Mugunruk served blindly, unwilling to question the Lich King, or any task he was given, and over time he was re-payed with a higher rank among the other Death Knights.
    As time grew on, the Scourge Commander grew in popularity among a small cult of Death Knights that the Lich King had put under his express command. Mugunruk trained these knights and they were successful in their campaigns, executing small tactical battles where large-scale combat was simply not needed. It was a side of the Scourge most never witnessed.
    Fate however, would change things in ways he could not imagine. The Lich King moved the stronghold of Naxxramas to Northrend, and left Acherus in it's place. He then placed Mugunruk and his knights under the command of Darion Mograine. Mugunruk was certainly not pleased with this, he suddenly felt the freedoms he once had among the Scourge suddenly diminished as he and his knights were relegated to attacking the Scarlet Crusade. Mugunruk felt the Scarlet Crusade were nothing but peons and did not play any large role in the overall goal of the Scourge, however he soon found out the truth of things.
    On that fateful day, when the Lich King betrayed his own creations, Mugunruk watched, helplessly from Acherus. He was outraged, he somehow felt abandoned in a time where many emotions were meaningless to him. Now able to break free from the control of the Lich King, Mugunruk fled Acherus before Mograine returned with his knights to fight off Patchwerk and finally free Acherus and the Ebon Blade from the command of the Lich King.

Mugunruk was not always his name; after being raised by the Lich King, he could not remember much from his former life, and took on the name of Mugunruk.

Mugunruk now works alone, fighting off the Scourge, and working as a sort of mercenary for anyone who will pay him. He has made allies with the Horde due to his Blood Elf background, however he keeps to himself as much as possible. He is well respected by the few Death Knights who came to know his name during his time serving the Lich King, however he despises Darion Mograine and everything the Ebon Blade has done since breaking free of the Lich King's control. He still sees the Argent Crusade as an enemy, but has a similar goal in wanting to help bring about the end of the Scourge. Recently, the workings of Sylvanas Windrunner have caught Mugunruk's eye and he has started involving himself with the Forsaken, in an effort to get closer to Sylvanas, and possibly lead her armies to victory.

Mugunruk is very knowledgeable of the power of Frost, his experience makes him very formidable in battle, wielding his powers with a chilling effectiveness very rarely seen. He wields two medium length rune-blades and is a very skilled swordsman. Mugunruk has spent time with some of the most powerful Scourge to date, including Kel'thuzad, and the Lich King himself.

Mugunruk shares very few similarities with other Blood Elves, living ones. He does not feel like that is where he comes from, he can no longer relate to the race of people he once belonged to. His voice his deep and cold, his demeanor can be frightening, he feels little to no emotion, none that he shares with others anyway.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Re: Mugunruk

Is he a dead blood elf, as in he died when kael thas took control of the high elven race? or is he an undead high elf....
    why dont undead RPers like to talk about their past >_>
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9205/kalecgossiggy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos, Ambassador of the Blue Dragonflight
    Is he a dead blood elf, as in he died when kael thas took control of the high elven race? or is he an undead high elf....
    why dont undead RPers like to talk about their past >_>
    I'm still somewhat unsure of this style of roleplaying, and I'm debating on just doing some short stories with him for people to read. The reason his past is so unclear right now is because as the character develops his past becomes central to what he has become, even if he doesn't really know it yet. Confusing yes, but it's supposed to be.

You could give us a briefing of his past without him actually knowing. You can pretty much do anything, just like in a book or a movie. Endless possibilities~
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

Id also try stay away from the doom and gloom sterotype if it starts to seem like its heading that way, it can be poetic but also a bore. Just my opinion though, also it would great to get some more dedicated members of the horde and alliance, rather than everyone being there own , although again , not my place to say . Hehe i guess we still have hundreds of peons and minor generals and leaders.
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9205/kalecgossiggy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos, Ambassador of the Blue Dragonflight
    Id also try stay away from the doom and gloom sterotype if it starts to seem like its heading that way, it can be poetic but also a bore. Just my opinion though, also it would great to get some more dedicated members of the horde and alliance, rather than everyone being there own , although again , not my place to say . Hehe i guess we still have hundreds of peons and minor generals and leaders.
    Seeing as how he's willing to post a large description of his character... Gloom or not. I'd say it's fair game to give him a shot. Just don't go all Thassarian on us. ;D

I used to do a sort of roleplaying before and I had a very interesting character that a lot of people seemed to like, it literally took me years to tell his story, I was pretty involved with it, and I would like to tell that story again to more people.

It's taking a bit longer than I thought to really formulate some ideas on how to apply key events from the past into Mugunruk's story. I will probably expand the bio when I have decided how I want to proceed.

It won't be too gloomy, it's never come off like that before.

Thanks for the feedback though!