Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    There's NOTHING in WoW that gives you an advantage with real money, hopefully there never will be. Maybe when the game is really old and
    is losing tons of subs to Blizzards new MMO and new nex-gen MMO's.

    As for the remote AH it IS just another money sink created by the money hungry Activision Blizzard. Go figure. Don't
    buy it if you don't want it, DON'T SUPPORT IT IMO, but that's me and I think 15 a month for a video game is dumb in the first place.

  2. #462
    Brock2525
    Guest

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by potaco

    Good to see that Blizzard will be deferring the decision of what is acceptable to you personally. Whatever Brock says goes!
    Never said they would or should. You asked what was acceptable, I gave my answer.

  3. #463

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    Not really, I pay my subscription fee and that's about it. I use the odd character transfer/faction change once in a while but I haven't bought anything from their in-game item store and most likely won't buy anything in the future.

    At least I'm not a hypocrite who's paying Blizzard a sub every month without fail, yet still moans about their policy of selling things that you have directly funded.
    So I should not complain about blizzard using the game fee to sell out other things? Otherwise I'm a hypocrite?

    Who do you suppose should be complaining then, the people you don't play the game?

    Solid logic right there. I wonder if even know what hypocrite means.

  4. #464

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    Never said they would or should. You asked what was acceptable, I gave my answer.
    Exactly. It's subjective. Yet to you, this type of new functionality is OK, so everyone who argues against it is "retardedly stupid" or something similar.

  5. #465

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Well, no big surprise here, after the raging money maker that was the mount, this is the next in line for easy cash cows on top of the fortune they rake in each month in subscriptions. Undoubtedly, it won't be the last.

    Bobby Kotick is laughing all the way to the bank, gg.

  6. #466

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    Weird. I didn't realize they added functionality to create auctions from your mailbox/bank items for everyone from anywhere in Azeroth/Outland and to collect the items/gold without traveling... oh wait.... well, hey, that's not really a benefit, right?
    This argument was had 2-3 hours ago, and I'm not really interested in having it again. Just scroll up. Moral of the story is if you aren't an Engineer, you're doing it wrong. Or have a bank alt.

  7. #467
    Brock2525
    Guest

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    They're not using your sub fee to fund this mobile/web AH. That's why the premium has its own subscription fee. If it were FREE to use every feature, then yes, YOUR subscription fee being used to develop and maintain it.

  8. #468

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by steale
    This argument was had 2-3 hours ago, and I'm not really interested in having it again. Just scroll up. Moral of the story is if you aren't an Engineer, you're doing it wrong. Or have a bank alt.
    So in that case, what's wrong with +50% XP pots? Just play a different character for a while and the character you want to level gets +100% rest XP anyway!

    What's wrong with paying for extra bank/bag slots? If you have a bank alt, you have extra slots anyway!

    What's wrong with a self-rez elixir? If you aren't a Shaman, you're doing it wrong! Or have a rezzer friend!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    They're not using your sub fee to fund this mobile/web AH. That's why the premium has its own subscription fee. If it were FREE to use every feature, then yes, YOUR subscription fee being used to develop and maintain it.
    I told you not to argue this. The money comes from somewhere. "I doubt" they go to investors and say "give us more money to implement xxxx". "I'd bet" they use the money that they have saved up (which comes from subscriptions, retail sales, online services, etc). They sure aren't using the AH subscription fee to pay for its development...

  9. #469

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    Exactly. It's subjective. Yet to you, this type of new functionality is OK, so everyone who argues against it is "retardedly stupid" or something similar.
    That was me, not Brock, that was calling people "retardedly stupid", and it wasn't in relation to subjective functionality. It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"

    quote right or don't quote.

    "And on the 8th day, God said, 'Ret Paladins bitch too much, and their tears taste delicious,' so he punched them all in their 12 year old balls, and it was good."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

  10. #470

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by steale
    That was me, not Brock, that was calling people "retardedly stupid", and it wasn't in relation to subjective functionality. It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"

    quote right or don't quote.

    "And on the 8th day, God said, 'Ret Paladins bitch too much, and their tears taste delicious,' so he punched them all in their 12 year old balls, and it was good."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.
    Eh, he used "pointedly retarded." Hence the reason I included the "or something similar."

  11. #471

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    waste of money imo

  12. #472

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    All that shit you listed is far more beneficial to the player than being able to buy and sell on the AH on your iPhone when you're stuck in traffic. If you can't see that, then I'm not going to argue it with you. Your argument is on principle alone, which is noble, but irrational.
    I agree ... mostly.

    how many times have you seen a full stack of X in the ah at the price of 1 said item. how many times have you come across something being sold for 1/5 or 1/10th the other sales? of the eagle / bear. buy at 3g and sell at 30g.
    do that often enough and you can be buying your main or alt all the crusader orbs / primordial saronite you need for gear.

    it's an edge. now you don't need to spend weeks/months grinding 15-20 quests a day

  13. #473

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac
    So I should not complain about blizzard using the game fee to sell out other things? Otherwise I'm a hypocrite?

    Who do you suppose should be complaining then, the people you don't play the game?

    Solid logic right there. I wonder if even know what hypocrite means.
    Some people come off as if it's somehow immoral to be selling things they have created and that they're a greedy corporate company, by paying a sub they're directly funding that company. Hypocrite? Yes.

  14. #474

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo

    Buying gold for rl money means you can buy craftable gear as soon as it is made available.

    Lots of people that play this game don't have the 40k-50k gold from grinding it or working the AH to get it to buy the craftable gear as soon as it is available.

    Having an advantage means having better stats before the next guy, and you can do this by buying in-game gold for rl money.

    Therefore your statement isn't entirely accurate.
    Right, but buying gold and powerleveling services aren't legitimate practices. You'll never get banned for purchasing a mount out of Blizzard's store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    Some people come off as if it's somehow immoral to be selling things they have created and that they're a greedy corporate company, by paying a sub they're directly funding that company. Hypocrite? Yes.
    Because the two extremes (deal or quit) are the only options, right? If everyone who disagreed with SOMETHING that Blizzard did quit, the game would have no subscribers. At least have some common sense about it.

  15. #475

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Well they lost me and my families subscriptions I won't put another dime in their pockets.
    Their greed will be their downfall.
    This game has been craptastic for the past few months anyways.

  16. #476

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    As long as you dont get a gameplay advantage blizzard can do whatever they want imho, the funding this stuff with fee's argument is moot anyway since that happens with a lot of stuff and is normal practice (i assume a lot of those people complaining dont use consoles/windows whatever since a lot of stuff is financed by profit from other stuff, a company can do whatever they want with profit)

    The only thing i dislike is that its iphone only, wheres the android app?

  17. #477

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    Because the two extremes (deal or quit) are the only options, right? If everyone who disagreed with SOMETHING that Blizzard did quit, the game would have no subscribers. At least have some common sense about it.
    There's a difference between disagreeing with something like a class change or a patch compared to how the company works to make a profit.

  18. #478

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    There's a difference between disagreeing with something like a class change or a patch compared to how the company works to make a profit.
    Of course. But why are you acting like one cannot be discussed?

    If you don't like it, try to do something about it. Make a stink. Get a response. Without any opposition, a company could do whatever they want. If there is no acknowledgment or no acceptable resolution, THEN you can let your money do the talking and walk. There's no reason to just take it as a given.

  19. #479

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    Some people come off as if it's somehow immoral to be selling things they have created and that they're a greedy corporate company, by paying a sub they're directly funding that company. Hypocrite? Yes.
    I pay the game's monthly fee, I'm becoming discontent with the direction Blizzard is taking the product which I help fund, so I complain; simple logic. Hypocritical would be to complain about the extra "services" and still buy them, which I'm not doing.

    Regardless, the character of the speaker has no influence at all on the value of the argument. l2logic

  20. #480

    Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

    Quote Originally Posted by steale
    It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"
    It just changes the perception we get out of the game.

    The more I feel they are greedy, the less I think of them.

    I can't really understand how you and others defend the opinion that having more sollicitation for optionnal products is better.

    My disgust for the sky-breaking over-consuming society and my disappointment of Blizzard dictate my opinion, please do feel offended if you must.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •