Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

I fucking hate managing auctions enough as it is. I can't imagine the frustration involved in doing so on david the gnome's laptop. Not all of us have the hands of fetus. Some things just weren't meant for touch screen that small.

*places a bid for 99999g when he wanted to go to previous page* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

entering pass and auth every time fails, but I guess it keeps you from making a program for your iphone that does what auctioneer used to do. The biggest application I could see for this is being bored and farting around on the AH buying things that have been posted cheap.

10+ Year Old Account

None for Moto Droid???
    Oh well saves me $2.99 then.
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    "Mr Owl, how many gigantic starsurge crits does it take to get to the gooey center of a frost mage?"
    "Let's find out. One....two.....nerf. Nerf."
    "How many gigantic starsurge crits does it take to get to the gooey center of a frost mage? The world may never know."

I mean this is a beta and features could change but...

Really I see this driving prices up. More bored people checking auctions = more bored people buying auctions = higher demand = more profits for sellers.

200 auctions/day, plus having to enter your password/authenticator every time is not going to lead to more sellers undercutting. But, more access is going to lead to more people buying.

1. Where's my EUROPEAN realm(s)?

2. Where's my ANDROID app? -_- (considering the actual market share of android phones is bigger than the iphone's)

Also, how exactly am I going to use this if it's gonna ask my authentificator every time, considering that I use the mobile authentificator? :-/ Constant switching between apps? Wait - the iphone can't do that.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

this thing is just like 3D movies or motion control video games...

its a neat and interesting feature but at the end of the day, its just a gimmick to nickel and dime you.

still rather harmless in my opinion...i think the service that lets us but pets and that mount make more sence then this though...but whatever that's capitalism lol

Ive played this game for 5 years, ive quit jobs to continue playing and lost friends over this game.

I can officially say anyone who has/uses this is a bigger loser than myself.

Wasting your life and money even when you're not at home now... There's an app for that.

Dear god. This is madness. THIS... IS... BLIZZARD LOLTIVISION.

Seriously this is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

How about an app for how much you charge me monthly to play this game now.

It's so fun to see people complaining about everything new blizzard comes up with. They are not doing this to destroy the economy neither to make hackers get hold of your accounts. They are doing it to evolve this game and probably make a buck out of it wich isn't that weird if you think about it, in the end it's a company and what do all companys share? They want to make money.

Just my thought, keep it up Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe

And as someone already posted.. the real AH players are almost always on, scanning the Ah, buying, selling, relisting... ???
    Well, you can't buy an iphone with WoW gold so I´m not sure if those people are the target group of this app :P.
    We don't even have a choice. We are born with a killer instinct that you can not just turn off and on.
    We have to be right in the middle of the action because we are the warriors.
    And without some challenge... some d*mn war to fight... the warrior may as well be dead.

WoW gold traded on NYSE in 5, 4, 5, 2....
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Seriously. Why is this needed?

Wouldnt Blizzard be better off working on stuff like cross-realm mailing of BoA items and increasing our toon slots?
    You know, the kind of stuff that would be useful when the expansion comes out?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm a little scared of how the system could be abused but I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people who added protections against that.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is disgusting. Are people so desperate to be buying and selling their auctions away from WoW that they would pay ANOTHER subscription for this shit? This is really, really depressing and Blizzard aren't half leeching their money off people now. Not only am I now so glad I don't own an iShit, but I also don't CONSTANTLY want to be doing things WoW related. I'm not that sad.

I have to say though, Blizzard finding new ways to exploit their playerbase for monetary gain is really starting to get to me. Blizzard used to have a good reputation, but they're burning through their social capital very quickly.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Strolch
    Well, you can't buy an iphone with WoW gold so I´m not sure if those people are the target group of this app :P.
    You can buy anything with wow gold, I am typing to you from a computer purchased with it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    I have to say though, Blizzard finding new ways to exploit their playerbase for monetary gain is really starting to get to me. Blizzard used to have a good reputation, but they're burning through their social capital very quickly.
    Let me express:

they're burning through their social capital very quickly.
    very quickly.

iPhone here... iPhone there... I'm really getting annoyed.

GUYS, what about Android?

is there a real necessity for such thing?

AH make life easier in some points, but truth be told i haven't gone to a AH in months, and last time was just because a glyph i used was changed into something useless after a patch

making money in wow has hardly any use as long you not flat broke
    and yes epic mounts from a gameplay standpoint aint very useful imho, unless you think the FP -> Raid travel time is too much

the weird thing is that wow for me was always intentionally made so its about doing raids, pvp, etc rather than being rich and buying your way thru the game like some other mmos

i wonder what the heck all the people "playing the AH game" does with the money, and why they aint playing other mmos where it is actually useful