Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by Blaki
    Guess you like being told to either enjoy it or quit it? You really are a breath of fresh air. I'll leave it at that.
    If I didn't enjoy it, I'd quit. Blizzard more than listens to player feedback, people see 200 posts on a forum and think that's the voice of 11 million players. Fact: the most vocal are rarely the ones FOR a particular feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeloria
    I'm not going to be using it, but I see a ton of people just buying it cause it's blizz and these people think that they're the perfect company. I was fine with the mounts and pets...but this is starting to get out of hand. Other mmo's are starting to adopt a $1 extra/month for each character created on their account...is this next?
    At this point, if they wanted to charge me $1/mo for an extra character slot I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Why? Because when it comes down to it $1 is nothing and as someone who has played the game since release I could use a new slot. They're very hesitant of adding more than 10 slots per realm, which is already more than most MMOs, would probably be a good incentive for them to do so.

People freak out way too much over extremely small OPTIONAL fees.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanoAsh
    Excellent, another way to get hacked...good job Blizzard.
    Except the fact that if you're already using an Authenticator (and there's no reason not to) this changes nothing. If you're not, you're still only logging in through their site and if you're using it from the iPhone the chances of you not also using their Auth app are pretty slim. Don't be ignorant.
    We are currently recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Yeah, I want to see mobile Guild/Whisper chat, now that would be cool

Why should we have to pay for this, to me it looks like another way to milk money out of players, just like the celestial pony.

P.S. Step 1 to ensure WoW takes over our life outside of WoW - Complete.

Step 2; Eliminate all opposing Video Games.
    "Our bond is iron, our will unbreakable..." Hold that thought, while I go grab 19 more brutes & we come charging at you for the 1,000th time in a bloodthirsty rage, praying that when you (finally) drop, the RNG Gods grant us the Loot we want from you...

Me at a Meeting: "So as you can see, this quarter's-"

My phone bleeps. I frantically grab my iphone and start pushing buttons.

My Boss: Buddy, you better put that phone down and-

I hold up my hand and "shush" the mutha fucka.

Me at a Meeting: "One second I - OH HORSE$%#@! %&#@ING @##HOLE UNDERCUT MY %$@# YOU PIECE OF CRAP @##HOLE %$@#!"

I look up and see the boardroom filled with shocked faces. One man has had a heart attack.

My Boss: You're fired.

I am fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela
    People freak out way too much over extremely small OPTIONAL fees.
    But what stops them from making more and more of this optional items, applications, whatever really, that will in the end handicap you in some way if you don't use/buy them?

You are right, 1$ is nothing for most people but think about how many of these little things they'll produce in a year or so, then all these 1$ add up to quite a nice sum of money on top of the 15$/m subscription.

If it stays at pointless pets and mounts then be it, but as far as I can see this is just the beginning to see if people will buy these unneeded things. After that they'll start selling more game altering items. I hope not though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derail
    News flash broski, you're just as much a nerd, if not bigger, than the person you called a nerd.

$2,99/month !! ROFL!

If it will cost $2,99 once... we could talk about...

This is kinda late when everyone is rich in the game and gold is the last thing people should think of.

GG Activision, corrupting Blizzard one day at a time.

Anyway, I can't see this feature being much of an issue as others have said it will only be the stupid people who pay for this service and 200 auctions a day is nothing to the real people that play the auction house.

Although I can't see this causing a negative effect directly to the game itself it really is showing what direction Blizzard are taking with their games and it is startig to disgust me.

Do you really want to see what their next MMO or even Diablo 3 will have as "Premium Features"? I sure as hell don't. I can just see them doing what SoE did and start selling gear and gold directly to the players.

Everyone who is going to do /facepalm to this post can blow me. I am an MMO veteran and have seen this slippery slope soooo many times before. Blizzard may have been different 5 years a go but they are just like every other Activision Purchase now and are chasing the golden goose.

In 10 years time... I don't even want to think about what computer games will be like then. It will be a horrendous mash up of Madden/Fifa-style franchise games that hardly change every year and will charge you premium rates to use the most basic features.

Good going Blizzard.

Booo iPhone sucks, why they cant make this for omnia i8000 or other WM phones too? :

they just put new PTR BUILD 12045 19MB

Wow, another way for Blizzard to make more money.

T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

To the people moaning about Blizzard and their 'money scams', you realise that you are funding these projects by paying your WoW sub every month?

If you don't like the way big bad Blizzard work then why are you constantly giving them money?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada
    Me at a Meeting: "So as you can see, this quarter's-"

My phone bleeps. I frantically grab my iphone and start pushing buttons.

My Boss: Buddy, you better put that phone down and-

I hold up my hand and "shush" the mutha fucka.

Me at a Meeting: "One second I - OH HORSE$%#@! %&#@ING @##HOLE UNDERCUT MY %$@# YOU PIECE OF CRAP @##HOLE %$@#!"

I look up and see the boardroom filled with shocked faces. One man has had a heart attack.

My Boss: You're fired.

I am fired.
    Made me smile.

WTB WG timer & who controls in website

Just as a little point, I've noticed a lot of people talking scripting etc on the web/mobile AH. Although a Auctioneer-esque script could be made (since reading is free), and quite useful (exports to excel etc anyone?), actual automated buying/selling wouldn't be possible as the Authenticator is required.

I'd like to see some tools for getting some auction house data out (hoping WOWr gets an update soon!), but I suspect getting the paid for service would be a bit pointless for me!

Jeb

Why not make a mobile social window and chat before this crap..

Blizzard must be inspired from fun servers.
    They are started to sell unique pets then gears will come.Then ? i checked some fun servers they come with new idea : Custom Gear & Weapon
    You can choose stats and stats have price .like ? 50point resistant 1$ , 50agi 1$ , meta socket 10$,red $5 etc.
    Im sure we will see that.

It's great, and I love it but you'l never see me paying for it !
    Yogg-Saron called. He wants to know how old you are.

I just got here, how much "All Blizzard cares about is money"-talk is going on already?

I was willing to pay 25$ for a mount,but I can't see myself ever paying for this.

Yes I am perfectly aware of the irony.
    FIRE SKY BAR CHUCKLE SKY BUNNY BAR SKY CHARMER SKY DIAMOND DOLL SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY