Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Um, isn't this a little excessive?

And as someone already posted.. the real AH players are almost always on, scanning the Ah, buying, selling, relisting... ???
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus
    And I JUST sold my iPhone.. I hate you blizzard..

Nah, its a neat feature, but prices will be dropping, I'm quite sure of that. With all the auctionhouse fanatics undercutting eachother every second.
    this will have next to no effect on prices, ill bet all 5 of my travelers mammoths on it
    Used to be:
    (---melee---)(--frost mages--)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Now:
    (---melee---)(----corpses-----)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Frost Nova me now. I dare you.

the only undercutting fanatics are the ah whales that could barely use this system as if the cap is 200or so auctions it's uses are limited.

I mean I only make like 300-400g a day selling glyphs and whatnot and I easily cancel/post 3 times a day at the moment so you are looking anything between 500 and a thousands posts a day.

I can see the web version being quite used though. "You are at work, but when you come home you won't have time to run to the AH buy mats and run off too raid, so you buy everything before hand, login rush to the nearest post box collect your mats and then go raiding."
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I use the auction house A LOT, but I don't really need a mobile one. I just fear that this will be heavily exploited with scripts like "automatic undercut" or "automatically buy stuff under market price" and that everyone who doesnt want to pay for the remote auction house but still wants to make some money will be heavily screwed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

For some reason. I just don't like the feel of this. =/

I thought April was last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    Get a Conquest Point wrench. Then you can tighten those bad boys right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Your Mage is so fat, that when your Iceblock expires, the entire server gets the following message:"The Ice Stone has melted!".

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe
    Um, isn't this a little excessive?

And as someone already posted.. the real AH players are almost always on, scanning the Ah, buying, selling, relisting... ???
    But now they can do it from the comfort of their couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Until someone figures out how to make addons for it, this app is useless to anyone who cares enough about the AH to actually buy it.

Yup there goes my life.

Sig by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    I use the auction house A LOT, but I don't really need a mobile one. I just fear that this will be heavily exploited with scripts like "automatic undercut" and that everyone who doesnt want to pay for the remote auction house but still wants to make some money will be heavily screwed.
    wat? looks just like a regular AH turned mobile.

you mean actually hacking the ah and stealing gold? or just regularly undercutting people like we already do?
    Used to be:
    Now:

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloss
    But now they can do it from the comfort of their couch.
    Good point.

However, as someone who dabbles in AH playing... the bulk of our tools are in the forms of addons.
    Still, I can see this being handy. ;D
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by Wattsxi

you mean actually hacking the ah and stealing gold? or just regularly undercutting people like we already do?
    I think he means modding the app to automaticly (without the users interference) /cancel & /undercut your auctions and would check every 15-20min or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjii
    For some reason. I just don't like the feel of this. =/
    Same here man.

Yay, let the remote undercutting begin.......

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    I think he means modding the app to automaticly (without the users interference) /cancel & /undercut your auctions and would check every 15-20min or so.
    oh ok, we have addons like that already. hell we even have macros that can do it with the click of a button.
    Used to be:
    Now:

NOOOOOOO.. or YES!! or NOOOOOOO.. or..

What is this.. I don't even..
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    I use the auction house A LOT, but I don't really need a mobile one. I just fear that this will be heavily exploited with scripts like "automatic undercut" or "automatically buy stuff under market price" and that everyone who doesnt want to pay for the remote auction house but still wants to make some money will be heavily screwed.
    There's already addons that do exactly that, in-game. It's actually led to prices of everything going UP. There's plenty of money to be made on AH, and this won't change anything. Except give you access to the same thing, elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

meh. not giving them any more of my money for stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wattsxi

I'm not a programmer but if this stuff is in your browser it might very well be possible to create an external program that scans the data and automatically undercuts or buys everything that is cheap to resell it. Completely automatic 24/7 and you don't even have to be ingame. Imagine a few dozen people doing that -.-

oh ok, we have addons like that already. hell we even have macros that can do it with the click of a button.
    But you have to be ingame to use these and you still have to manually push buttons because .lua doesnt allow everything. You can't automatically cancel your auction, walk to the mailbox, take stuff out of the mail box, walk back to the AH and relist the items. All that stuff takes time and some manual control but it might be possible to make it 100% automatic with the remote AH.

I hope it won't be that bad though I like my free gold from the AH :-/

looks like somebody rely want that shiv.