Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

...So you CANNOT make Tradeskill items remotely?

*PHEW*

That's $2.99 that will go towards my new camera

These additional paid services really ramped up once Blizzard became part of Activision. While I don't think this remote AH is a game-breaking paid feature, Blizzard is seeming to be inching closer and closer to allowing real money to affect actual gameplay.

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account

I just do not see the point to this at all. If it were free it might get used for the hell of it now and then, but I don't see who would want this badly enough to pay $3.00 a month for it. I forsee this bombing as badly as their VoIP service in game did.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    These additional paid services really ramped up once Blizzard became part of Activision. While I don't think this remote AH is a game-breaking paid feature, Blizzard is seeming to be inching closer and closer to allowing real money to affect actual gameplay.
    I gotta agree here. We had no paid services apart from server transfers if I remember correctly before the Activision/Blizzard merge. I wouldn't believe this to be more than a coincidence if it weren't for Bobby Kotick's past comments when it comes to making money off his games.

Cash grab plain and simple. This does not look good to old school fans of the game who have quit due to the dumbing down of the game. This just makes Blizzard look a) Greedy or b)catering to an incredibly small niche market while mobile guild chat for the same cost would be FAR more popular.

I know of a service that will get me 1000g for 2.99 :P

why would i pay for this :

I just tried out the web auction house. I hit the transaction limit of "25" (while beta) in about 30 seconds. I don't see how someone would pay $2.99/m while having a 200 transaction limit every day. I understand this is needed to prevent the bots, but it's kinda sucks.

This is not good....I see angry teachers, chefs, CEO's and and and. ...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Maleboligia
    while mobile guild chat for the same cost would be FAR more popular.
    You know, that's not such a bad idea. Or it certainly doesn't sound like one when put next to mobile phone Auction House crap. This way people could discuss the evening raid or whatever.

One advantage about this is hopefully wowhead and similar sites will have the ability to get much more reliable and accurate AH data. Assuming you can only view AHs that you have a character on, it is possible that they might have to shell out money for a few accounts to fully cover horde and alliance on all servers (creating 50 level 1 toons on as many servers as possible). Then we can all complain that our server has over or under priced items on the AH.

This is going to be botted and hacked to hell. People making gold and not even doing anything.

Would've been a good April's fool... it's just for real this time tough

When the subscriptions run low, the micropayments come out in force.

Glad to see my unsub make a difference! Enjoy!

cuz blizzard servers/databases are so damn fast to handle even more crappy selects! without lagging!! OMG!! </irony>

what a useless sht =)

OMG MORE MONEY FOR BLIZZ! ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MONEY!

[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    Next is the buying of gear
    How is them charging for a Mobile AH leading to the buying of gear?! Blizzard has already stated that they will only provide cosmetic changes for a price tag. This closely falls under them, what is the difference between buying something in game or on your phone, just like what is the difference of you being male or female and changing back and forth, or having a celestial steed? They all affect the game on a cosmetic level of some sort.

And on another note, I can't believe they made a Mobile AH... /facepalm

Anyone so addicted to this game that they need something like this to play the AH 24/7 is in desperate need of a boot to the face.

I had to recheck todays date - that it wasn't aprils fool... now wtf Blizz...

An IPhone app, but no Android app?

>

Honestly Blizz, from me to you, here's one big, fat...

Like ingame, i see mmo is becomming full of critics and whiners.... I can see why nobody with something cleaver to say ever read these forums... They are full of crap...

Blizzard is a company who provide a service, you pay for that service like you do when getting on the bus. If you dont like that service then you dont pay, and you walk! In the end its your own CHOISE! so stop whining, its incriedeble how little people think.. i guess they think whining helps, like it did when you were 5 years and wanted candy in the store...

Now please come up with some relavant with this feature. And those of you who arent gonna use it, please shut it! So we can get some usefull on this thread.

Enjoy the game - Or quit!