Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi_seashore
    I guess they found another way to suck money out of customers. By using one of the major in-game things.

This is just low. I can understand paying to play the game, since it constantly gets updated with new content ect.

But these extra service things are ridiculous and just preying on people with mental problems.
    Like all the cosmetic, or "materialistic" things which cost real money. It's a ****ing computer game, and none of it's real.

Virtual materialism ... OMFG!! what the hell is wrong with some people. :

This is just low .... I had enough of WOW. Time to go jam it up on the PS3 multiplayer.

Sub-stop!
    I guess you can't afford it, don't have an IPhone or your parents won't let you have any more money apart from the monthly sub for your WoW sub then?

Quote Originally Posted by repsac
    I'm kinda worried. On the iPhone you can log into the WoW application with just email and password. They don't ask for your authenticator code. So basically what's to stop the gold hackers from using the iPhone app to enter your account and use all your gold on some crap they post with their own character and thereby stealing all your gold ???
    If you're logging onto your account through your Iphone you will be asked for the auth code I imagine .. well I hope anyway!

So sad... first Blizz makes the game so easy its ridicolous... Now they make the game to a p2p and cashshop and benefitshop... lol... So sad... Good thing I quit last month.. Blizz will just pump out shit all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Everyone who is going to do /facepalm to this post can blow me. I am an MMO veteran and have seen this slippery slope soooo many times before. Blizzard may have been different 5 years a go but they are just like every other Activision Purchase now and are chasing the golden goose.
    Exactly. It's not even a slippery slope, it seems like a very well thought out strategy to squeeze out every last buck from WoW before their next MMO hits. They started out by getting extra money from pet and mount collectors, now they've moved to AH players. It won't be long until they start putting the squeeze on PvE and PvP players, forcing you to fork out cash to remain competitive.

The moment I have to fork out extra cash to remain competitive is the moment I cancel my subscription. If I was still into playing AH that moment would be now. However, I'm sure Blizzard knows this and have calculated that they'll make more money through destroying their game this way.

The real bullshit here is that we already pay monthly fee, such service should be free, not a new way to earn more money..

I'm enjoying the moaning in this thread. Same as I enjoyed the moaning with the Celestial Steed.

You aren't being forced to use this new feature.

You are some of the sorriest SoB's I have ever seen. I swear you guys feel better because you are moaning about stupid shit. You only feel good about yourselves when you can put other people's ideas and complain about things that needn't be complained about.

Hmmm choices choices.

A pay 3 bucks a month to Blizzard for some crappy app to use AH out of WoW which will consume my free time.

OR

Pay 3 bucks a month to a chinese gold farmer to get me all the gold I will ever need in the game and I will win more free time.

I think I would rather pay the chinese gold farmer as he seems to offer a better service to me than Blizzard.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I refer back to my Madden/Fifa-style franchise arguement where every year a whole new game is released at full RRP that has no new features.
    What?

I can't speak for Madden but I've bought FIFA the past few years and there's been a massive improvement in gameplay. It might look the same to most people but anyone who has played the game will notice changes, it's definitely not just a new skin every year.

hm... tbh the real value of your subscription has dropped in the last 5 years, it has never changed but inflation has been plugging away, as a franchise blizzard would be well within its rights to increase the cost of your subscription each year but they havent done so.

as a way of off-setting the profit loss caused by this they have instead decided to add additional utility for a small amount of money. wow i guess blizzard are the epitomy of all money grubbing evil scrooges in the world

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Hmmm choices choices.

A pay 3 bucks a month to Blizzard for some crappy app to use AH out of WoW which will consume my free time.

OR

Pay 3 bucks a month to a chinese gold farmer to get me all the gold I will ever need in the game and I will win more free time.

I think I would rather pay the chinese gold farmer as he seems to offer a better service to me than Blizzard.
    Wow.
    Just...wow.

I play on a Laptop; No Thanks!!!!

Would like to buy all of the battered hilts for that price lol! Less than 300 gold each->sell on my server 8k each=huge profit
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Next up, WoW for iPhone/Android?

How about a web client for WoW so that we can play anywhere, anytime, from any computer?

Hmmm... not so sure I am a fan of this. Yet.

Milk us more, please.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff
    1. Where's my EUROPEAN realm(s)?

2. Where's my ANDROID app? -_- (considering the actual market share of android phones is bigger than the iphone's)

Also, how exactly am I going to use this if it's gonna ask my authentificator every time, considering that I use the mobile authentificator? :-/ Constant switching between apps? Wait - the iphone can't do that.
    Oh man, that's epic.

$2.99 to manage the AH remotely. No thanks buddies.

10+ Year Old Account

nice.
    now the undercutters don´t even need to log in to destroy the economy in WoW
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Ugh, you've got to be kidding me.

They wouldn't put an AH in Dalaran, but now for a modest fee you can take it with you to the port-o-crapper. Beautiful.

And as someone mentioned earlier, hard core AH users wont want it because of the cap. Most everyone else just buys shit for raids, flasks and what not. Only morons will pay for this... right before they go stand in fire.

Wow, so much fail here. First off is the actual online AH, secondly is the people that are saying "OMG must get an iPhone lulz" and thirdly is the people that actually post hundreds to thousands of auctions per day. Like seriously... maybe go outside or something?

The interesting thing from this though could be the statistics of the market that can can easily be obtained. Everyone likes pretty graphs.

hm, i never had IPhone and dont want to have one.
    I used AH mainly to buy flasks+ mats.
    I´m not going to spend even an extra cent/month for ridicolous things like that one.
    I think its just a way of DLCs for WoW.
    Whatever,i hope Blizz manage at least to keep WoW servers running properly after Cataclysm-release >
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor