Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by steale
    This argument was had 2-3 hours ago, and I'm not really interested in having it again. Just scroll up. Moral of the story is if you aren't an Engineer, you're doing it wrong. Or have a bank alt.
    So in that case, what's wrong with +50% XP pots? Just play a different character for a while and the character you want to level gets +100% rest XP anyway!

What's wrong with paying for extra bank/bag slots? If you have a bank alt, you have extra slots anyway!

What's wrong with a self-rez elixir? If you aren't a Shaman, you're doing it wrong! Or have a rezzer friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    They're not using your sub fee to fund this mobile/web AH. That's why the premium has its own subscription fee. If it were FREE to use every feature, then yes, YOUR subscription fee being used to develop and maintain it.
    I told you not to argue this. The money comes from somewhere. "I doubt" they go to investors and say "give us more money to implement xxxx". "I'd bet" they use the money that they have saved up (which comes from subscriptions, retail sales, online services, etc). They sure aren't using the AH subscription fee to pay for its development...

Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    Exactly. It's subjective. Yet to you, this type of new functionality is OK, so everyone who argues against it is "retardedly stupid" or something similar.
    That was me, not Brock, that was calling people "retardedly stupid", and it wasn't in relation to subjective functionality. It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"

quote right or don't quote.

"And on the 8th day, God said, 'Ret Paladins bitch too much, and their tears taste delicious,' so he punched them all in their 12 year old balls, and it was good."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

That was me, not Brock, that was calling people "retardedly stupid", and it wasn't in relation to subjective functionality. It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"

quote right or don't quote.

"And on the 8th day, God said, 'Ret Paladins bitch too much, and their tears taste delicious,' so he punched them all in their 12 year old balls, and it was good."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.
    Eh, he used "pointedly retarded." Hence the reason I included the "or something similar."

waste of money imo

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    All that shit you listed is far more beneficial to the player than being able to buy and sell on the AH on your iPhone when you're stuck in traffic. If you can't see that, then I'm not going to argue it with you. Your argument is on principle alone, which is noble, but irrational.
    I agree ... mostly.

how many times have you seen a full stack of X in the ah at the price of 1 said item. how many times have you come across something being sold for 1/5 or 1/10th the other sales? of the eagle / bear. buy at 3g and sell at 30g.
    do that often enough and you can be buying your main or alt all the crusader orbs / primordial saronite you need for gear.

it's an edge. now you don't need to spend weeks/months grinding 15-20 quests a day

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac
    So I should not complain about blizzard using the game fee to sell out other things? Otherwise I'm a hypocrite?

Who do you suppose should be complaining then, the people you don't play the game?

Solid logic right there. I wonder if even know what hypocrite means.
    Some people come off as if it's somehow immoral to be selling things they have created and that they're a greedy corporate company, by paying a sub they're directly funding that company. Hypocrite? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo

Buying gold for rl money means you can buy craftable gear as soon as it is made available.

Lots of people that play this game don't have the 40k-50k gold from grinding it or working the AH to get it to buy the craftable gear as soon as it is available.

Having an advantage means having better stats before the next guy, and you can do this by buying in-game gold for rl money.

Therefore your statement isn't entirely accurate.
    Right, but buying gold and powerleveling services aren't legitimate practices. You'll never get banned for purchasing a mount out of Blizzard's store.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    Some people come off as if it's somehow immoral to be selling things they have created and that they're a greedy corporate company, by paying a sub they're directly funding that company. Hypocrite? Yes.
    Because the two extremes (deal or quit) are the only options, right? If everyone who disagreed with SOMETHING that Blizzard did quit, the game would have no subscribers. At least have some common sense about it.

Well they lost me and my families subscriptions I won't put another dime in their pockets.
    Their greed will be their downfall.
    This game has been craptastic for the past few months anyways.

As long as you dont get a gameplay advantage blizzard can do whatever they want imho, the funding this stuff with fee's argument is moot anyway since that happens with a lot of stuff and is normal practice (i assume a lot of those people complaining dont use consoles/windows whatever since a lot of stuff is financed by profit from other stuff, a company can do whatever they want with profit)

The only thing i dislike is that its iphone only, wheres the android app?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    Because the two extremes (deal or quit) are the only options, right? If everyone who disagreed with SOMETHING that Blizzard did quit, the game would have no subscribers. At least have some common sense about it.
    There's a difference between disagreeing with something like a class change or a patch compared to how the company works to make a profit.

There's a difference between disagreeing with something like a class change or a patch compared to how the company works to make a profit.
    Of course. But why are you acting like one cannot be discussed?

If you don't like it, try to do something about it. Make a stink. Get a response. Without any opposition, a company could do whatever they want. If there is no acknowledgment or no acceptable resolution, THEN you can let your money do the talking and walk. There's no reason to just take it as a given.

I pay the game's monthly fee, I'm becoming discontent with the direction Blizzard is taking the product which I help fund, so I complain; simple logic. Hypocritical would be to complain about the extra "services" and still buy them, which I'm not doing.

Regardless, the character of the speaker has no influence at all on the value of the argument. l2logic

It was in regards to people whining and bitching turning a cool, slightly useful but hardly game breaking new feature into "OMG FUCK U BLIZZ THE SKY IS FALLING BLIZZ FAILS FUCKMYLIFE WATS MY RET PALLY GONNA DOOOOOOO BUYING GEAR ON BLIZZ STORE IS OP!!! NERF IT NAO!!"
    It just changes the perception we get out of the game.

The more I feel they are greedy, the less I think of them.

I can't really understand how you and others defend the opinion that having more sollicitation for optionnal products is better.

My disgust for the sky-breaking over-consuming society and my disappointment of Blizzard dictate my opinion, please do feel offended if you must.

Ha, this is great fun.
    Was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    There is only one reason why using rl money to buy in-game gold illegitimately benefits players.

- Because Blizzard created the system that allows it to happen

Illegitimate practices all operate under a system Blizzard created. Nothing else.
    I don't get what you're arguing... Are you saying tax fraud and money laundering are fine since the government created the system that allows them to happen? There are rules in real life and in-game. Just because something can happen doesn't make it acceptable.

This product + Auctioneer == WOW Stock exchange.......well commodities exchange.

Next up, day traders.

200 transactions a day? Meh.

I agree that a limit is needed. I'm perfectly fine with it. However, it means I won't find much use for this. I list nearly a thousand glyphs a day. /shrug

Neat idea, tho. I can't wait to see what other interesting things they come up with.

I can't wait to see how many retards would actually pay for this. If you can't leave wow related stuff behind when going out than you have some serious issues(Like not being able to get friends or realize that there is a living world outside your basement etc..) my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoja
    I can't wait to see how many retards would actually pay for this. If you can't leave wow related stuff behind when going out than you have some serious issues(Like not being able to get friends or realize that there is a living world outside your basement etc..) my friend.
    It was sunny, now it's cloudy.
    I'm going back to bed.

-Emo Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    Picking up one rock at a time and moving it into a pile 20 feet away. Each rock about 1/4 a pound each, and there's just about 20,000 of them. No, you aren't allowed to use anything except your bare hands. When this absolutely amazing work is done, you get to see a woman's boob for all of 1 second. No touching, just seeing. Repeat.
    Vanilla WoW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Latherus
    It was sunny, now it's cloudy.
    I'm going back to bed.

-Emo Fred
    hahaha funny.....NOT! It's not even relevant to what I said. Try harder next time.