Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Has anyone else noticed how many materials and products are sold under profit the last weeks? (since the frozen orb = material patch)
    And all the BoE blues from the heroics are sold at lower prices than greenies.... due to flooding, all the enchanting materials have plummeted.... borean leather is CHEAPER than light leather.....

So now you can check how much you've LOST in gold in the AH

And it should be a free app..... anyone paying 15 dollars a month is entitled to the same "service"... once realms are up and lag-free ofcourse

15+ Year Old Account

I love all the impending doom posts of:

"I don't like the feeling of this"
    "This is making me worried"
    "Where is this headed"

lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Keno83
    Well they lost me and my families subscriptions I won't put another dime in their pockets.
    Their greed will be their downfall.
    This game has been craptastic for the past few months anyways.
    i love how people think their 1-3 subscriptions is gonna break blizzard.

Learn to do Simple math:

THIS GAME HAS BE OUT FOR 6 YEARS

There are 10+ million people who play this game

assuming they all have WoTLK. just on buying the games alone is:
    10,000,000 x ((*WoW$49.99 TBC$39.99 WotLK$39.99 = $129.97)) = $1,299,700,000 on just the games alone

next lets just assume people gave been playing for 2 years.
    (for the sake of arguement im just picking its number as a medium, i myself have been playing for 5 years)
    $15 per month x 24 months = $360 x 10,000,000 accounts = $3,600,000,000

SOOO this is a VERY rough estimate that i gave the benefit of the doubt and severly under estimated how many ppl actually play and for how long they play and we are still looking @ =

~$4,899,700,000 ((Yes i know im sure there are more then 10 million people that play and people have been playing longer then 2 years, this is just a ROUGH estimate to prove a point, realistically they are probably making double that amount))
    JUST on subscription fee's and Game costs.

NOT counting in:
    Character Transfers ($25)
    Name Change ($10)
    Faction Change ($30)
    Race Change ($25)
    In Store Items (Special Mounts, In game pet, Authenticator...)

This game is one of if not THE highest grossing game EVER. And people think posting that they are canceling their 1-5 accounts is gonna cripple the giant that is Blizzard??? sorry i cant help but LOL

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    When they announced the feature I thought it was pretty cool, but the price just isn't worth it.. Half a year of this service could buy me another month of wow and a slice of pizza. I don't mind them charging for the feature but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the service. Maybe a 20 dollar charge to link it to an account (usable while the account is) is something I'd go for (simply for the longevity of it). But this is a bit much, even with a seemingly low number.
    I agree with this. I think a monthly fee is too much, I'm certainly not going to pay it. But I would seriously consider it if it were a one time payment.

Oh my God, I am amazed shocked and appalled. No no silly not at the app but at the amount of QQ that everyone is doing.
    They are not going to sell gear, this does not break-game play. You can still make your gold sitting at your computer, this just allows players to be more addicted to the game?
    Hate the movie you're in and want to check the AH, you can!
    Bad date (lol you wish) and you want to see if your Saronite sold? You can!
    How would this be any different than lugging around a Laptop logging in and playing the ah? I've seen people do it. I guess Blizzard should make it to where you can't play on a laptop either? Hmm... or at work? Stop complaining you idiots.
    Btw want to know who you have to blame for this app? Yourselves, as in the player base, people asked for it. They did, go look at the official wow forums, people asked for this.
    Who is to say that it was Blizzard that is wanting to charge the 2.99 fee anyways? Do you realize that they probably aren't making that much off this? They have to give a % to iphone most likely, OH and At&T will try to get their money grubbing hands on that shit. Now as far as the browser version I can't say, but then again if you don't like it don't pay for it. THEY ARE A BUSINESS!! A BUSINESS They want to make money like most all businesses and they are doing it. If you think they only care about the game and that we have fun, you are dead wrong. They do care about that but their number one goal is the almighty dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by steale
    I could just as easily say "Fuck Blizzard, they made a Titan killable so now Titans are gonna be the next playable race and they'll be OP and pwn arenas". Entirely unsubstantiated and illogical.
    /lorenerd
    ...murmur actually the individual(s) you're referring to aren't titans, they're the children OF the Titans... creations, basically just very powerful, intelligent, self-aware golems murmurmur...
    /lorenerd

Once it includes a stock ticker of the WoW-Jones Industrial average and cross realm day trading comes into effect it'll be worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    Picking up one rock at a time and moving it into a pile 20 feet away. Each rock about 1/4 a pound each, and there's just about 20,000 of them. No, you aren't allowed to use anything except your bare hands. When this absolutely amazing work is done, you get to see a woman's boob for all of 1 second. No touching, just seeing. Repeat.
    Vanilla WoW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk

Learn to do Simple math:

THIS GAME HAS BE OUT FOR 6 YEARS

There are 10+ million people who play this game

assuming they all have WoTLK. just on buying the games alone is:
    10,000,000 x ((*WoW$49.99 TBC$39.99 WotLK$39.99 = $129.97)) = $1,299,700,000 on just the games alone
    Sorry to burst you bubble, but the 11 million was at WoW's peak, and that factored in a lot of chinese players, who do not subscribe, but pay per hour of playtime. these are not regular subscribers. the actual active subscriber number are more along 5-6 million players afair.

more info here: http://news.filefront.com/Blizzard-D...W-Subscribers/
    This space is available for rent!

Guys.. $3 a month is not a lot. It comes out to about 10 cents a day. If you really can't afford that then maybe you should be out trying to get a job.. or a better job instead of trolling these forums all day.

If you're going to complain that you shouldn't have to pay, then don't? It's capitalism, if you like a product or service then buy it.. if not, then don't?

15+ Year Old Account

yea im usualy throwing 3$ to bin

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDoK
    Guys.. $3 a month is not a lot. It comes out to about 10 cents a day. If you really can't afford that then maybe you should be out trying to get a job.. or a better job instead of trolling these forums all day.

If you're going to complain that you shouldn't have to pay, then don't? It's capitalism, if you like a product or service then buy it.. if not, then don't?
    You say this as if strikes, boycotts, complaints, and policy changes have never been part of the capitalist economic system. Lol.

It's sad to see Blizzard stoop down to this level. The AH app can clearly provide an advantage. Maybe an infinitesimally small and negligible one, but it's still there. The slippery slope fallacy is a fallacy that abuses the slippery slope's inductive properties, assuming that A leading to B, leading to C, leading to... Z implies A leading to Z, i.e. without any gradation or middle ground. No one (except for the person saying that the iPhone app "leads" to selling of gear) is acting on this fallacy. As a matter of fact, most people are pretty careful in acknowledging the presence of middle ground. We may not see the selling of gear any time soon, but there might be other purchasable services that are likely to push the envelope even further. This is hardly a fallacy, and it's very logical.

Furthermore, it's to be expected, given their current stance on the respect they have for their customers given by the current Vernor v Autodesk, UMG v Augusto, MDY v Blizzard-Activision joint-lawsuit going on (which, if it goes in Blizzard/Autodesk/UMG's side could be a very dangerous precedent).

I haven't played for more than a year now, but the game has significantly dropped in quality since launch. From recycled armor to rehashed boss fights, to empty promises, the facts speak for themselves. Unfortunately, there's just nothing else out there. So essentially, WoW has a huge monopoly over the MMO market just because it is an AAA+ title and AoC, WAR, L2 can't compete. Depending on what happens with the new Final Fantasy and Star Wars MMOs (and other, unannounced, MMOs), a foreseeable a shift in the market is inevitable.

My two cents is, go out, go to a park, read a book, get a girlfriend or boyfriend! Enjoy life

Say your joking..it's handy and that, but I DO think it gives players in game advantage

This game is going too far..
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    Have you heard the term "Slippery Slope?" Yes, 1-3 literal subscribers gone will not break blizzard, but think of how many 1-3 people per day realize what they're paying for and what else they could use that money on.

This guy is also correct..
    Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Sorry to burst you bubble, but the 11 million was at WoW's peak, and that factored in a lot of chinese players, who do not subscribe, but pay per hour of playtime. these are not regular subscribers. the actual active subscriber number are more along 5-6 million players afair.

more info here: http://news.filefront.com/Blizzard-D...W-Subscribers/
    However to add to what he was saying.. Not only did they factor in chinese players that pay per hour, they also counted people who buy 60 day cards. These are not subscriptions. What Blizzard did was count "active" accounts and called it "subscriptions."

Inb4 exploits.