Thread: Potion of speed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Potion of speed

Quote Originally Posted by DEANOFDSCPLN
    The problem is, that one darn pull that sets off the trap.
    No it doesn't.

You should stop pulling with gnomes... just pull regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by moomin1987
    How about you stop spreading false information. We were all learning the game at one point and my advice is accurate just like the guy above said.

Stop trying to trick people who are just trying to better their gameplay.
    You sir, are a class A troll +1

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Bring a rogue, and give him like 100 smoke flares. Tell him to toss the smoke flares on the traps. Tossing smoke flares doesn't break stealth, and will let the entire raid know where they shouldn't be within 10 yards of. The trash won't trigger the traps, only players/pets/friendly npcs. Without a rogue, you could do a normal pull, tank everything just inside the archway right before the trash, and if a skeleton comes, just back down the stairs and the trash will reset. Then you can pull the skeleton by himself and no one has to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Bring a rogue, and give him like 100 smoke flares. Tell him to toss the smoke flares on the traps. Tossing smoke flares doesn't break stealth, and will let the entire raid know where they shouldn't be within 10 yards of. The trash won't trigger the traps, only players/pets/friendly npcs. Without a rogue, you could do a normal pull, tank everything just inside the archway right before the trash, and if a skeleton comes, just back down the stairs and the trash will reset. Then you can pull the skeleton by himself and no one has to die.
    Thats a great idea. I did'nt know there were smoke flares, just looked em up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    OR

Tell the rogue to throw 100 smoke flares on the ground and then pull the spider

The spider won't know what the fuck is going on and will run in circles yelling "WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP" like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV-qS...eature=related

User was banned for this post.

Unless you have alot of friends/family on your current server, I'd suggest you transfer to an oceanic realm. They are baisclly the complete opposite of State side servers. Its 5:30 pm here and most raids woulndt start for another 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours or so. Also like someone said, make sure your ghoul isnt on the mob when you pull it, it will set off the trap. We sometimes get an extra big guy, and have once had 2, that resulted in half the raid wipe, Just run back to where all the npc's are and they reset.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by moomin1987
    I am sorry to see that other people are being so harsh with their comments DEANOFDSCPLN but I will try to help you out.

Haste does make you run faster if you stack enough of it. I suggest asking your fellow raid members to supply the following buffs

Potion of Speed
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=40211
    +500 to speed

Wrath of Air Totem (shaman)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=3738
    5% speed

Heroism / Bloodlust (shaman)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32182
    30% speed

Crusader Aura (paladin)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32223
    20% speed

If you stack all of these buffs and pop Bloodlust / Heroism on the spiders you should find that you will be able to run faster than any mob in ICC. If you find that the spiders are still a problem then the only thing I can suggest is to spam

Path of Frost
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=3714

This will allow you to jump on the ice and ride it like Iceman from Xmen.

Good Luck

QFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Unless you have alot of friends/family on your current server, I'd suggest you transfer to an oceanic realm. They are baisclly the complete opposite of State side servers. Its 5:30 pm here and most raids woulndt start for another 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours or so. Also like someone said, make sure your ghoul isnt on the mob when you pull it, it will set off the trap. We sometimes get an extra big guy, and have once had 2, that resulted in half the raid wipe, Just run back to where all the npc's are and they reset.
    All three times the ghoul was not on the mob. I tried dark command twice and death grip one other time. All three times the trap tripped. I believe all of you if you are saying that a mob cannot trip the trap. I just don't have any other explanation for it.

On a side note. Switching to an oceanic server is a wonderful idea. Thank you, I should have thought of that myself.

Thats a great idea. I did'nt know there were smoke flares, just looked em up. Thank you.
    Please please please PLEASE don't listen to the people who are pulling your leg. If you have a rogue, they can see the traps while stealthed, and as long as the trap isn't behind the spiders they can disarm it. And no, haste buffs do not increase movement speed. The only things that will increase YOUR movement speed are Potion of Swiftness, Unholy Presence, Aspect of the Pack, Body and Soul, and Nitroboots.

All three times the ghoul was not on the mob. I tried dark command twice and death grip one other time. All three times the trap tripped. I believe all of you if you are saying that a mob cannot trip the trap. I just don't have any other explanation for it.

On a side note. Switching to an oceanic server is a wonderful idea. Thank you, I should have thought of that myself.
    If you watch the raid for debuffs you can see who triggers the trap. The person who triggers it will gain a debuff that decreases their movement speed by 70% for like 8 seconds. Just like all of us have said, a mob cannot trip the trap. I will mention however, if you get the friendly adds for whatever reason, I have seen THEM pull the wards, so keep that in mind.

One last note, switching to an oceanic server, while a good idea, could give you some pretty nasty ping, so keep yourself aware of that. You may find it beneficial to search around on the WoW forums to see if there are any servers with AM raiding guilds outside of oceanics.

wow this is epic :P

What's keeping the OP from posting ? ???
    My popcorn is getting cold. >

15+ Year Old Account

I don't usually like it when people get flamed for asking perfectly legitimate questions but in this case I make an exception - a) Rep runs : and b) RTFTT (Read the f*****g tool tip)

Me and the guys I do ICC rep runs with have been experiencing difficulty with a mob sitting on a trap in the last room right before marrowgar. Our strategy to date is I run in and activate trap (thus dieing) while the rest of the group stays in the other room. Then when I get back we pull the big skeleton out and take care of him first.
    This tactic.. must be the most ass backwards tactic I've ever heard. How about you tell your raid wait outside the room, go blast one of the mobs in the face with whatever ranged skill DKs have, then run around the corner to LoS, wait for the mobs to march out of the room to you, and then nuke them?

15+ Year Old Account

Locked. Bans inc.