Softcapping arp with gems.

Is it worth it, or would I gain more by gemming agility until i have enough arp on gear itself to hardcap?

Here's my profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...en&gn=Selected

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Softcapping arp with gems.

it would be nice if you equipped your real weapon, but if that's the only armorpen trinket that you have then you might as well stay soft capped and once you get your hands on DBW replace it and start going for the hardcap
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Oh hehe forgot about that ^^

I usually have Distant Land (normal version) equipped with 2x20 arp gems

10+ Year Old Account

The soft cap is not viable anymore, don't gem arp till 800 arp on gear and 20 sockets.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Well what I mean is that's the way I am gemmed atm, and I'm asking if I should change that or just let it be.

10+ Year Old Account

Gem agi.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

So I would see a dps increase in changing my gems to agility atm?
    As stated earlier I also have Distant Land with 2 more arp gems in.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes. Just because you're MM doesn't mean you have to be gemmed arp.

Gemming ArP is viable until ~75% or so even if you have a arp proc trinket.

Most and any site all say the same do not stack armor pen intill you get to 800 passive armor pen on gear alone intill then stack nothing but agility and use the yellow socket bonus for 10 agility and 10 crit.

I know i think that it is retarded also how the hell do you get 800 passive armor pen on gear alone.Right now i have almost 600 armor pen and i am in teir 10 2 piece and the rest is 10 mna icc and 25 man icc gear.

Have you checked out femaledwarf.com? using that tool (or Cheeky's/Shandra's spreadsheet) you can model your current dps, and then model any changes to your gemming/gearing/spec/rotation.. and discover for yourself if there is a possibility of improving your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by splenmuncher
    Most and any site all say the same do not stack armor pen intill you get to 800 passive armor pen on gear alone intill then stack nothing but agility and use the yellow socket bonus for 10 agility and 10 crit.

I know i think that it is retarded also how the hell do you get 800 passive armor pen on gear alone.Right now i have almost 600 armor pen and i am in teir 10 2 piece and the rest is 10 mna icc and 25 man icc gear.
    Using female dwarf, I was able to equip reg ICC 25 gear to get near the hardcap. It's all about just finding the right gear. Deathbringer's Will helps a lot, as it gives a ton of passive armor pen.

Using Femaldwarf i actually saw a loss in dps by going agility on those gems i have as arp.
    It was also a dps increase in staying 9 under softcap instead of going 11 over

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    The soft cap is not viable anymore, don't gem arp till 800 arp on gear and 20 sockets.
    This.