No use of spreadsheet :(

Reading this forum for long time now and all threads ends with links to some spreadsheet.
    In fact there is no question that can be asked w/o somebody links that spreadsheet link. Does only high geared rogues post here? Noone has new alt or something? Whats the use of that same spreadsheet when it does not contain lower-end gear? In that state, spreadsheet is worthless to me, so i need to consult rawr which is also "very bad for rogues"

Dont get me wrong, i think spreadsheet is good thing, but still cant we discuss anything anymore w/o locking threads and pointing to spreadsheet??

Re: No use of spreadsheet :(

You can add stuff yourself. Annoying's mutilate guide contains a short how-to in the Q&A section. I'm not sure if adding stuff this way is 100% accurate but it beats not being able to spreadsheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

iDPS contains all gear, and it pulls from armory.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosscut
    You can add stuff yourself. Annoying's mutilate guide contains a short how-to in the Q&A section. I'm not sure if adding stuff this way is 100% accurate but it beats not being able to spreadsheet.
    Manually adding gear is 100% accurate so long as there is no proc involved and you properly add it. So off the top of my head things that wouldn't be accurate if manually added for rogues are trinkets and Onyxia weapons.

Hi ^^

To answer your question about not linking spreadsheet link to give advice... it's quite impossible.
    The EP values (correlation between your different caracteristics), depend on your stuff. So each optimization is unique.
    The answerers can give generic advice or mechanisms, but to really say what gem/stuff is needed, you need to use a spreadsheet or software managing the formulae

The other way shoud be findig the formulae and really learn the in-depth rogue mechanisms. I leave that to Elitists theorycrafters.

But spreadsheet, as you say, doesn't suit to stuff under the Toc raids.

For T10-9-8-7(heroic or not) and 5-heroic stuff (including the icc-5) you should use the iDPS software as Amgyn said.
    It's very accurate, user friendly

Use spreadsheet when your stuff >= Icc 10 (Icc 10, Icc 25, Toc10hm, Toc25hm) or continue to use iDPS

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    Reading this forum for long time now and all threads ends with links to some spreadsheet.
    In fact there is no question that can be asked w/o somebody links that spreadsheet link. Does only high geared rogues post here? Noone has new alt or something? Whats the use of that same spreadsheet when it does not contain lower-end gear? In that state, spreadsheet is worthless to me, so i need to consult rawr which is also "very bad for rogues"

Dont get me wrong, i think spreadsheet is good thing, but still cant we discuss anything anymore w/o locking threads and pointing to spreadsheet??
    I understand your point, I really do.

However the reason we are locking Trinket, Gems, Spec, Token threads is simply because of the volume of them, and unfortunately generally the answer is "Use the spreadsheet". When we talked about it there were 12 threads on the front page with gear question.

Unfortunately its very hard to simply say "use XXX" as we have 3 different red gems we can use effectively depending on spec and gear - Agility, AP & ArP. Each stat may be more effective then the others, based on your gear and spec.
    Obviously casters just gem Spellpower (I assume), Tanks gem strength etc.

Unfortunately lower levelled rogues do get lost in the clutter due to these topics so that why we lock them.

The spreadsheet is excellent for end level gear but awful for levelling
    iDPS is a good all rounder but is relatively new so people are hesitate to use it (or don't know about it)

However generally people (of any class) aren't too bothered about min/maxing until they get to end game.
    Cataclysm should make things easier with the removal of ArP