Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Using both DBW and Sharpened Twilight Scale

DBW (normal) 155 arp
    DBW (HC) 167 arp
    Sharpened Twilight Scale (normal) 163 arp

by using both trinkets you have a start of 330 arp (hc dbw that is).

now my question:

For example, I am at the hardcap arp with only DBW normal, how useful would it be to take Sharpened Twilight Scale.

now I can drop 163 arp from gear, taking upgrades which have lower arp or none, but way higher ap.

ayone else thought about having these 2 arp trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Using both DBW and Sharpened Twilight Scale

Very useful. It lets you re-gem and maybe use other items to take more advantage of the item level value from socket bonuses etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    anyone else thought about having these 2 arp trinkets?
    Yep. I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by galten1234 View Post
    i have thinking of a new hero class the dragon drake it would be a dragon that would be in horde and have attack like 90% damage and 10% frostbolt and maybe a pet thaat is a serpent? i think it would be very good and it could also have ability called fire and do 30% fire damage !! it will be aswsome plz blizz do this class!

10+ Year Old Account

It just allows you to have more agi gems, which is a good thing.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    Very useful. It lets you re-gem and maybe use other items to take more advantage of the item level value from socket bonuses etc.
    I thought about it aswell that way.

u can see the trinket as 163 agi if u switch ur gems to agi instead of arp (while keeping the cap ofc)

even more if it lets u take higher lvl items without arp than u had with arp.

probably more useful for warriors using leather items, can switch to plate and what not dropping the agi gear

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyshine
    probably more useful for warriors using leather items, can switch to plate and what not dropping the agi gear
    Most plate gear is shit for fury warriors, they don't ONLY go for leather because of the Arp on it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    This. And the best part is it's not some terrible on-use effect, it's an actually good proc with most likely the ICD of Death's Choice. It'll probably be another DBW-like drop rate, good luck seeing enough to spread around the raid without it being ~4+ months unless you're lucky :P.

It has a better baseline stat than HWFS, it has a better proc than HWFS (I assume?). Since HWFS was the current runner up for BiS trinkets, I'm left to assume this is the new one.

For me, would mean replacing heroic DV, losing 288 AP and 33% uptime on 510 agi (approx 170 agi at 100% uptime). This new trinket would allow me to replace 8 +20 ArP gems, meaning 160 agi plus whatever uptime there is on the 1304 AP buff. As long as uptime is over 30%, sounds like a minor but meaningful upgrade.

It will be interesting to see what stat they convert the ArP to once 4.0 hits...definitely going to keep the DV in my bags.

it will most likely be turned into either mastery since so many different classes use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin
    It will be interesting to see what stat they convert the ArP to once 4.0 hits...definitely going to keep the DV in my bags.
    my point exactly, if it all converts into mastery i can see gem prices rising

It will turn into haste and crit. Current gear won't have any mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    It will turn into haste and crit. Current gear won't have any mastery.
    source?
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    you used the term parry gib... which is a myth

Fojos is right, I remember seeing it on some blue post a while back.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    DBW (normal) 155 arp
    DBW (HC) 167 arp
    Sharpened Twilight Scale (normal) 163 arp

by using both trinkets you have a start of 330 arp (hc dbw that is).

now my question:

For example, I am at the hardcap arp with only DBW normal, how useful would it be to take Sharpened Twilight Scale.

now I can drop 163 arp from gear, taking upgrades which have lower arp or none, but way higher ap.

ayone else thought about having these 2 arp trinkets?

Isn't it impossible/very hard to get the hard cap of ArP through gear (not including gems) alone? I'm not sure TBH. At any rate, it allows you to regem/regear yourself for other stats. So, very useful.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn

Isn't it impossible/very hard to get the hard cap of ArP through gear (not including gems) alone? I'm not sure TBH. At any rate, it allows you to regem/regear yourself for other stats. So, very useful.
    It involves using/getting alot of the ARP+Agi gear in Icc10/25, so it's not impossible. Just depends on the bosses you have access to.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Alright then. I knew Warriors could, but wasn't sure about Hunters. Either way, I'd say there's a 90% chance you're only hard-capped if you're using gems as well. So just get both DBW and STS.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Starting with the BiS spreadsheet, and swapping in the new trinket and then re-gemming to lower ArP to the cap (1395 actually), dps went up 0.4%. So, there is some benefit, but nothing mind-boggling. I also had to make assumptions about the proc rate and chance and internal cool-down, so depending on those factors it could be better or worse.

At least the trinket is reasonably decent and gives another option.

Not all of my gear has ArP so im really looking forward to equiping it. I'll probably be around 96% ArP when i do.