What to buy with frost badges?

So I have 66 frost badges and I am not sure what to buy/save up for my uber bad lock.

Here is a link to my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Gordonheimer

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What to buy with frost badges?

4pc

R.I.P. YARG

i was going to go ahead and buy shoulders or should i save for robe?

15+ Year Old Account

I personally would save for robe because you're almost there now vs 3-4 weeks from now when you think "I'm 3/5 and need 95 more! *groan*" But this might just be a personal pet peeve of mine.

More daunting now > More daunting later, imo.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gordonheimer
    i was going to go ahead and buy shoulders or should i save for robe?
    Shy away from the gloves and legs as your first purchases simply because you have 2 shots at them per week as a drop (VoA 10 and 25).
    This space for rent.

I guess the question is how often are you going to raid with this guy? Based on your gear it looks a lot like my rogue.. which I raid when I'm really bored or jump in on a good pug or alt run, which isn't often. In other words, I'm in no rush to gear him and just pick up gear as I get around to it.

That being said, since you have the T9 bonuses I'm not sure why others haven't suggested you start with the Circle of Ossus (belt).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellpower Monkey
    That being said, since you have the T9 bonuses I'm not sure why others haven't suggested you start with the Circle of Ossus (belt).
    T10 bonus trumps all. Granted, it may only get frost badges via VoA 10/25, the weekly, Dailies and the occasional ICC pug. Still, your goal should be T10 4pc before all else.

The belt can have a comparable alternative derived from not only the occasional ICC pug, but also from ToC 10/25. There are options readily available which are close but in no way compares to the 4pc T10 set.
    This space for rent.

My point is if he's not playing the toon that often it could be literally months before he has a shot at 4pc.

I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellpower Monkey
    My point is if he's not playing the toon that often it could be literally months before he has a shot at 4pc.
    I understand what you are driving at, but the opportunity cost has to be added back to the price of the belt.

If you buy the belt first you are still adding in more time before you can get your 4pc, and only gaining an item which has comparable alternatives.

You cannot gain an alternative to the 4pc from a drop.

Now, if you wish to argue for the person to buy their 2pc which would consist of two of the following (head, shoulder or chest) and then buy something else while waiting for the gloves or legs from VoA then that is a possible alternative.
    This space for rent.

I just know from working on my alts that most of them will not see 4pc T10 (or hell maybe not even 2pc) by the time Cata rolls around. If Cata rolls around and he's still working on his second piece, his opportunity cost has changed. TBH I decided this a month ago and I just buy primordials with my alt's frost emblems and sell them. There are plenty of similar drops suitable for alts in ICC.
    Nerf teabagging!

Deleted

1st: save 390 badges for 4 pieces of T10, Head - Legs - Chest - Shoulders (25 Heroic Gunship gloves are better than Heroic T10, and lets face it any pug with half a brain that can get to Saurfang 25 normal can do Gunship 25 heroic (as long as you have a kingslayer) :P)

2nd: all badges gained after attaining above items use on Primodial Saronite and sell them saves you doing Daily quest farming

this char isnt an alt, I just turned 80 a few weeks ago and Im trying to find a guild to get into or a weekly pug. So I guess ill stick to getting t10 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonheimer
    this char isnt an alt, I just turned 80 a few weeks ago and Im trying to find a guild to get into or a weekly pug. So I guess ill stick to getting t10 4pc.
    I commend you on this and doing your research. If half the raiding population was this involved in learning their characters there would be no failed pugs.

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I had a similar question down these lines and was wonder what the best way to spend my Frost Badges would be.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gun&cn=Amelais

I was thinking maybe the Spirit cloak with the crit on it. It seemed like a nice SP increase, but my haste would take a hit, and its not particularly high as is.
    The other thing I was thinking about doing was picking up this http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50975
    I have the 264 T10 gloves sitting in my bag, but I was hopping to get the chest off the Blood Prices instead since it has haste.
    Last but not least, I could pick up the MP5 Trinket that has 29 more SP on it compared to my PvP 150 SP trinket.

I don't get a chance to pug man ICC 25's so, most of the gear is probably out of reach. I try to pug ToC 25 as often as I can, but the odds of getting the trinket are pretty slim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry again, not trying to hi-jack the thread, just didn't want to waste forum space.
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block

There are hit legs from ICC 10. I would use those and use T10 gloves, chest, helm and shoulders.
    This space for rent.

1. t10 Robe
    2. t10 Head
    3. t10 Shoulders

In that order!