Engineering glove enchants

Hello all,

I did a search for engineering enchants on the DK forums and did not find anything conclusive about my question I am about to put forth.

Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oof&cn=Valiath
    Setting: PVE, 25 man ICC N currently.

I am currently a JC and miner but thinking of dropping mining for Eng for the sweet enchants and fun stuff. I have done several sims in Kahorie and the Hand mounted pyro rocket blows the hyper speed accelerators out of the water. Im talking a difference of about 500 dps. However, several people i have talked to says that HSA would be optimal since haste is relevant for frost DKs.

Couple of questions: It says that the rockets are launched at range, does this mean i cant be all up in the bosses business to get it off? It also says it is a physical attack, does it mean that it will benefit from Str and other raid buffs in terms of damage? Most of what i have read pertains to ranged classes using this enchant and also a lot of people use it for pvp.

Does anyone here use this in PVE and have any insight of the effectiveness of the enchant compared to the HSA?

Re: Engineering glove enchants

The rockets can be fired in melee range, however...
    Rockets have a cap on their damage, it will not increase. The haste scales with your damage and gear obviously.

I believe in a typical raid environment, haste will be much more beneficial. (Oh, and those rockets will never. Ever. Ever. Give you 500 dps. Ever.)

I was surprised of the 500 dps increase as well, it just didn't look right and was the main reason i posted here for further insight. Kahorie has served me well and has never really given me such a drastic change in performance over one simple change.

500 dps if u can fire it every 4 seconds :x

Chances are, Kahorie was bugged and took the minute timer off the gloves. Simple finger slip-up could easily mess with the cooldown.

It's basically 340 haste per minute, or a 2kish rocket per minute. The haste will always produce better results.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

the rocket scales with blood pres and is effected by buffs such as ebon plaguebringer. still its a minor dps increase. the max u get out of the gloves is 3k or something. divide 3000 by the cooldown (45s) and u get 67 dps.
    the ~10% haste with 12/60=20% uptime or the 2% haste with 100% uptime is a 2% increase in necrosis, white and BCB damage. it depents on your gearlevel whats better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    the rocket scales with blood pres and is effected by buffs such as ebon plaguebringer. still its a minor dps increase. the max u get out of the gloves is 3k or something. divide 3000 by the cooldown (45s) and u get 67 dps.
    the ~10% haste with 12/60=20% uptime or the 2% haste with 100% uptime is a 2% increase in necrosis, white and BCB damage. it depents on your gearlevel whats better for you.
    This is true, I wasn't considering the passive buffs that increase damage by flat amounts.
    You can't exclude that haste also increases KM procs as well as auto-swing in general which tends to be a large chunk of frost's damage.

*edit*
    I completely forgot the main reason those haste gloves improved, somewhere on EJ it was concluded that Icy Talons is multiplicative, making that 340 increased by 20% 408 haste is very powerful.

Thank you all for the information. If i do switch to Eng i will go with the hyper speed accelerators.

Mods, you can lock this thread now if you so please.

Drop mining and take enc or BS.
    I'd suggest enc, it will always be OP profession

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston
    Drop mining and take enc or BS.
    I'd suggest enc, it will always be OP profession
    The order of awsome for Unholy atleast goes:

Engineering
    JC
    BS
    Rest tied at bottom ( with gathering profs below that. )

So no, enchanting isn't better for us, our top 2 are JC/Eng. I'm not sure about Frost, but it can't be much different.

10+ Year Old Account

you should consider gemming ArP for 1.
    The glove enchant is a good dps boost considering its timer is 1 minute, so you can match it up with UBA all the time. Imagine the 600 haste proc from DBW, 500 from pot, 340 from gloves, and a heroism. The burst from it is crazy and about 30% of your damage is white damage. The talent BCB will benefit from that haste boost more if you gem ArP as well.