Am I doing something wrong

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ore&cn=Samarie

My rotation is VT > MB > DP > Full MF cast > SW:P > back to MF > hit MB when its off cool down and then re fresh all my other dots.

I can normally do around 4k~ on single targets, but a buttload on bosses. I've gone up to 7k while standing still, am I doing something wrong?

Re: Am I doing something wrong

Your post doesn't sound like you THINK you are doing something wrong. What is it that you are aiming to improve on? You have 536 hit rating which is awful but you aren't gemming for it so that's a plus.

Hey Samarie

First of all aim for 4pc t10, that'll be quite a big upgrade towards gear, Possibly get the Circle of Ossus from Frost vendor - that'll drop some uneeded hit aswell as increase spell power. Also you'd benefit more off Bejeweled Wizard Bracers (Tailor made) than the bracers you are using now.

But apart from that your 'priority' seems the usual?
    PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Herbalism sucks for your dps :<<<.. Also, do what the guy above said. You can't do much more dps with the gear you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarie
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ore&cn=Samarie

My rotation is VT > MB > DP > Full MF cast > SW:P > back to MF > hit MB when its off cool down and then re fresh all my other dots.

I can normally do around 4k~ on single targets, but a buttload on bosses. I've gone up to 7k while standing still, am I doing something wrong?

You are way over hit cap, but as mentioned its good that your not gemming for hit so, really now all you need are better drops. A good choice for you would be to get the 4 piece. As well as pick up some dps gear that has no hit on it, but instead haste and crit.

I'll toss in ToC5 normal farming for Abyssal Rune as an easy upgrade to Talisman of Resurgence, which is a horrible trinket for any spec except Disc. The ideal 4T10 setup for Shadow pre-ICC25-heroic is head/shoulder/chest/hands with the crafted Leggings of Woven Death. I'd suggest you get the head first, which will drop a chunk of your excess hit. Try to save up some cash to craft the Leggings when you have emblems for the chest, which will let you replace both T9 pieces at the same time.

Do you have a MH/OH to use instead of Abracadaver, ideally with less hit?

Order of Frost Emblem purchases:
    • T10 Head
    • T10 Chest
    • Circle of Ossus
    • Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky

Obviously 300 emblems will take a while, but replacing those 4 pieces and legs will bring you to 287 hit rating.

mate 536 hit rating is just awful, equivalent to loosing 2k dps as you can replace that stat with sp_crit_haste

try to balance out your gear a little more, no need to get socket bonuses, stack 23sp, or when its yellow socket put in 12sp+10haste

and get some crit man, you are too low on crit

remember: SP>HASTE>CRIT

keep hit rating as close to 289 as you can

on my opinion best starter for you rotation is: VT>DP>MF 3 ticks>MB>SWP, i see it best ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MwB
    mate 536 hit rating is just awful, equivalent to loosing 2k dps as you can replace that stat with sp_crit_haste

try to balance out your gear a little more, no need to get socket bonuses, stack 23sp, or when its yellow socket put in 12sp+10haste

and get some crit man, you are too low on crit

remember: SP>HASTE>CRIT

keep hit rating as close to 289 as you can

on my opinion best starter for you rotation is: VT>DP>MF 3 ticks>MB>SWP, i see it best ^_^
    Actually, with blue sockets, if the socket bonus is either 6 or 7 spellpower, can't remember, it's better to put a Purified Dreadstone in there, since the spellpower you get from the Spirit will end up being the same as if you had gemmed pure spellpower, but you will get more mana regen, meaning longer before you need to use Dispersion, so higher DPS.

Starting rotation isn't massively important as long as you have 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving before applying SW:P.

I would work on replacing the helm with tier 10 next, you don't need the hit from your current one, and see if you can replace the legs with the crafted Leggings of Woven Death. You could also replace your current cloak with the 264 PVP cloak with haste, the hit on your current one isn't doing anything for you.

I would personally drop Herbalism for Tailoring, for the cloak enchants, but any profession which provides a DPS increase would be good, and you don't really need the Herbalism heal with VE.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Actually, with blue sockets, if the socket bonus is either 6 or 7 spellpower, can't remember, it's better to put a Purified Dreadstone in there, since the spellpower you get from the Spirit will end up being the same as if you had gemmed pure spellpower, but you will get more mana regen, meaning longer before you need to use Dispersion, so higher DPS.
    It's 6 SP to break even, but even gemming for socket bonuses that have 5 SP will not have an impact on your dps that you can actually see.