Thread: New Processor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: New Processor

Get windows 7 64-bit, when i talk about having 6gb of ram i would of thought it was fairly obvious you need windows 7 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94
    Get windows 7 64-bit, when i talk about having 6gb of ram i would of thought it was fairly obvious you need windows 7 64bit.
    WoW is 32bit program and it will not use more than 2 gigs of RAM in any situation. Ever. Not even in 64bit Windows. Extra RAM is good for heavy multitasking or for working with extremely large data sets in scientific calculation or physics modeling, gaming does not fall under either of those two categories.

Also the need for caching stuff to RAM for speed is soon totally pointless as the price of SSD drives go down fast, so it's very unlikely any games will ever use more than that 2GB before direct brain link requires photorealistic textures and 3d modeling.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    WoW is 32bit program and it will not use more than 2 gigs of RAM in any situation. Ever. Not even in 64bit Windows. Extra RAM is good for heavy multitasking or for working with extremely large data sets in scientific calculation or physics modeling, gaming does not fall under either of those two categories.

Also the need for caching stuff to RAM for speed is soon totally pointless as the price of SSD drives go down fast, so it's very unlikely any games will ever use more than that 2GB before direct brain link requires photorealistic textures and 3d modeling.
    No, you are wrong sir, wow can use 4gb if you have it - end of discussion.

10+ Year Old Account

A 32 bit program can indeed use more than 2GB if compiled with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE, which sets the maximum to 4GB. I don't know if WoW is using that though. I believe some Adobe 32 bit applications are using that however. Would suck if RAM prev in after effects CS3 for example would limit itself to max 2 GB.

Edit:

Now up to Warchief94 to prove that wow does the same ;o

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wries
    A 32 bit program can indeed use more than 2GB if compiled with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE, which sets the maximum to 4GB. I don't know if WoW is using that though. I believe some Adobe 32 bit applications are using that however. Would suck if RAM prev in after effects CS3 for example would limit itself to max 2 GB.

Edit:

Now up to Warchief94 to prove that wow does the same ;o
    I dont have acess to a system with wow on, for atleast another week yet so, will have to wait :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94
    I dont have acess to a system with wow on, for atleast another week yet so, will have to wait :-\
    Good that it's settled then. You talk about WoW memory usage without actually playing the game.

Well, in a week you'll see in task manager yourself how it will not peak over 1GB even during 25-man raids, and you can wonder where to use the extra RAM.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Good that it's settled then. You talk about WoW memory usage without actually playing the game.

Well, in a week you'll see in task manager yourself how it will not peak over 1GB even during 25-man raids, and you can wonder where to use the extra RAM.

Seriously dude just shut your mouth, atleast use your brain. The pc i have been using broke last week, im awaiting for my new one to be delivered, obviously i have checked for myself, or do you think i just made it up at random? Get a clue, please.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Posted in another thread, but relevant here too. Raiding ICC25 right now. WoW using 700-800MB RAM with 1.2GB still available. So, uh, yeah.
    Hey Warchief, are you retarded? Can you read? Yeah, WoW on Ultra uses 4GB, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy23
    hehe back to the original post is it not worth me getting a quad or high powered duo 775 ? bare in mind this is for cataclysm aswell and i just wanna play with decent settings on wow
    I still say that saving up to get onto a newer platform (LGA1156, LGA1366, or AM3) would be your best investment, but I believe you should get some other opinions on the matter as well.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Hey Warchief, are you retarded? Can you read? Yeah, WoW on Ultra uses 4GB, right?
    I think your the retard here pal, seriously, i said wow CAN use 4gb of ram at a maximum, i didnt say it uses 4gb all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy23
    hehe back to the original post is it not worth me getting a quad or high powered duo 775 ? bare in mind this is for cataclysm aswell and i just wanna play with decent settings on wow
    Well, with the budget you stated in mind, upgrading the CPU is the only thing you can do to improve your performance.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely