Lich king heroic (25) Rogue advice.

As the title implies, My guild will be facing the heroic mode of the Lich king encounter starting next week, I was wondering if any of you who have already got experience with the fight have any advice/wisdom to gief!

Any spec changes worth making for it etc, just anything really, i'd love to hear! :-)

Half man, Half amazin'.

Re: Lich king heroic (25) Rogue advice.

Be prepared for lots of wipes.

Basically for us, phase 1 and the transition are simple tank and spank stuff. Just move when melee need too and if you get the disease...dont run in front of the shamblings either!

Once you get into the Valk phase, that's when we really need to be on our game. My guild is getting there but we are having tons of issues with getting enough dps on all 3 valks before they get to the edge. Make sure you have stuns setup for each symbol.

Also, if you have a fury warrior...they shouldn't be stunning so tricks them so they can cleave all 3 of them. It will benefit the raid more then tricks the other rogues. Rogues should be getting the second and/or third stun

After that...I don't know...haven't got past phase 3...don't expect to on your first night.

Aye, that all seems fairly 2nd nature, except for the Trix on cleaving warriors part, but I see your logic :P
    Thanks for your input! ^_^

Half man, Half amazin'.

If ur rogues are stunning, then its not very likely ur ganna consistently have enough dps on valks, go look at logs from those who have killed it, there rogues arnt stunnign

Quote Originally Posted by noobmaster9
    If ur rogues are stunning, then its not very likely ur ganna consistently have enough dps on valks, go look at logs from those who have killed it, there rogues arnt stunnign
    Except that they are. Go watch Premo's kill vid, one of the rogues has a macro that whispers Xav every time he stuns, pretty sure he stunned every valkyr wave.

go look at the logs from paragons kill, ya know the guys that killed it with only 5% buff.
    their rogues not only topped their meters, O.o, and also they didn't use stuns.

Coincidence?

also other guilds, such as blood legion and im sure others don't, at least the ones with rogues that know how strong our AE is.

I would imagine that those rogues are all combat as well. Typically I am the only combat rogue in my raid, so generally I am only a backup stun. We have two Assassination rogues and their AE is not as good as a combat rogues AE.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Mutilate isn't so bad for H-LK. Our mut rogue puts up EA on raging spirits/valks. I'd recommend a weapon swap->crippling macro somewhere. There have been a few times where our slowers were picked up and no one had desecration/frost traps to slow them down. Considering how many paladins is the norm for H-LK, paladin stuns are probably the best choice. We run shockwave->HoJ->Holy Wrath for our stun order. The biggest thing that pushed our P2 attempts toward P3 was getting defile down. The valks are easy once you make sure important debuffs are put up on them and your stuns go off right.