Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The Mists of Deadwind Pass. [ Horror RPG ]

[[ This thread will involve you, a band of heroes who have taken upon themselves the duty to drive out the evil that has manifested in the darkness of Deadwind Pass. The evil have threathened both the Horde, and the Alliance, therefore they've joined arms. - To join this thread, simply write a description of your charachter showing up at the meeting point I will describe below. ]]

"The Citizens of Duskwood were the first to notice, that something was happening in Deadwind Pass. Late evening, when darkness encroached and the last bit of light was suffocated, mysteries started to unfold. Whispers of relatives that had long been dead, images of your dear being tortured and slain. Screams, echoing through the woods of Duskwood. A few brave souls armed themselves, and ensured their comrades, that whatever had awoken in Deadwind Pass, they would put an end to it.. When they disappeared in the thick fog into Deadwind Pass, their fates were sealed. The week after, their bodies were found at the center of Duskwood. They were all missing their eyes, and their faces were twisted into a maddening scream. It was as if, they had been frozen right before they died...

The Horde at the Swamps felt the threathening cold aswell. The witchdoctors all fled the fortress early morning, claiming that Azeroth was cursed and bound to disperse into nothingness. Slowly, the fog spread out, consuming more and more horde land. The horde too sent in a team, to asess the situation and deal with it at its root. Noone saw theese troops again either.. Now, the fog is slowly eating its way, eating everything in its wake.

The Horde and the Alliance have negotiated, and decided to work together, to unravvel the darkness that has taken hold of Deadwind. The meeting point would be in the town of Duskwood, that had been evacuated long ago...

[[ To Participate, simply write how you arrive to Duskwood. When I feel we're ready, I will give you the allowance to venture into Deadwind. ]]

Re: The Mists of Deadwind Pass. [ Horror RPG ]

klinkerbomb slowly walks into the cursed forest of duskwood having only a cantine filled with alcohol,pocket knife and a emergency repair kit and walks to the road to darkshire.
    A goblin bomber of the argent dawn/crusade.

Walking through the mists Saakaarrag and his daughter wondered into the area known as Deadwind Pass. Ellomin was the first to break the silence, "Daddy, the elements here seem to be devoid of life, what is this place?"

Responding, Saakaarrag said, "This is truly a light forsaken place. I do not know what this place is, though stories say that the Mad wizard Medivh's tower is located here."

Deleted

Tharaldriel rode into the Deadwind Pass, the clatter of Nightstar's hooves on the ground the only sound breaking the silence. He kept his head low, his eyes swivelling in their sockets to take in the area. He had been here before, to dispatch a rogue band of ogres - and now, the Horde had once again called upon him to help extinguish this vile fog and whatever was hiding in it.

He turned a corner, and saw a draenei paladin accompanying a younger female draenei. He didn't stop as he passed them; he simply uttered a low "Well met" as he rode on. Soon, he reached the outskirts of Duskwood, and he crossed the border, riding on to Darkshire. He stopped just outside the town square, looking for signs of life.

Deleted

"The entire area appeared deserted. Everything resembling life had been snuffed out. Even the trees seemed to be frightened. The trees closest to the fog had all gone out. The bark was rotten and tainted, and glided down the trees slowly as if they were taking off their clothes... Everything was silent, not even a wind was moving through the woods..."

An alliance lieutenant came walking down the road from Westfall. "Greetings heroes. We're expecting more of your caliber to be arriving shortly. When we're all here, I will inform you of your goals. My name is Lieutenant Duke, and I will be your supervisor through this expedition."

Relys looked at the Argent Dawn missive. It told him to investigate the strange happenings in Deadwind Pass and surrounding areas, and then report back to the small Argent camp that had recently been created in the Swamp of Sorrows. He rode into the thick fog, calling in the Light to... light... his passage through and to drive off the fog around him.
    "This better be damned worth it," Relys cursed under his breath.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

"klinker arrives to deadwind pass and meeting the alliance commander" "Hello what is in dead wind pass currently?" klinker says to the alliance commander

*Before the commander could answer he goes to the featherbomb (His bombing plane) and goes to it's storage compartment and takes a large sack filled with food,water,flint,tinder,and 2 weapons*

Relys' horse trotted through the mist, and Relys saw the land change from deep emerald to a dark black. He was in Deadwind.

((I plan on meeting up with the main group when they enter the Pass.))

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzath
    [[Wait, are we meeting in Darkshire or Deadwind?]]
    ((Idk, I'm meeting up with you guys when you enter though.))

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Deleted

[[ My bad for not writing the meeting point was in Darkshire. I figured you guys would know, considering thats the only "town" in Duskwood ]]

The lieutenant appeared to give out a sigh, he really didn't want to enter that fog, especially not with the Horde aswell. It appeared it coulden't be helped though. "Alright men, it appears we've got a small, solid group ready to go. Be sure you bring all your equipment with you the first time - If you forget anything, it is unlikely we can return and retrieve it, before we've dealt with the matters at hand"

Lieutenant Duke started walking from Darkshire, towards the small entrance at Deadwind Pass...

As the heroes came closer to the fog, it became harder to breathe properly. Surrounding them was an aura of dread. It felt upon their shoulders, as if a sea was above them, pressing them towards the ground. When they breathed in the fog, their very lungs would feel, as if they'd have frozen into a solid block of ice.. Instinctively, they would know, that once they passed the fog - They could not return.

Relys walked along the dead ground, listening to his charger's hooves crush the small pebbles underfoot. He was at the entrance to Duskwood; it appeared he had gotten lost in the fog.
    "I suppose I will settle here for the night," Relys said to himself.

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Deleted

(( RPing as Milly here not Hallas, fyi))

Milly Novabolt pulled back on her mechanostriders controls, bringing it to a halt. "Where is everyone?" She whispered to herself, rather worried. She levitated a small sundial out of her bag, spent a few seconds looking at it and cursed her stupidity; no sunlight came through the thick trees of Darkshire. She presumed she was late, and headed off again, in the direction of Deadwind Pass, hoping to catch the other adventurers.

Deleted

[[ Shameless bump to get some response from people who's been missing : ]]

Deleted

Milly punched the buttons on her controls, eager to catch up to the group.

Relys looks around. There is no sign of life, sinister or otherwise.

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

10+ Year Old Account

The rogue/engineer stumbled around on the border of Deadwind, he had been fighting worgens for days. His body was beaten up and he had nearly no strenght left again in his body.

"Damn fog *Cough*" The rogue tried to keep himself on his feet's by holding onto the mountainside, but he had no power left in his body. After a couple of minutes he collapsed near the mountainside. A healing potion fell out of his backpack and rolled down the road.

((hope it's okey if i join ))

Deleted

[[ To the guy above me: Darkshire has been evacuated. ]]

Quote Originally Posted by Taisha
    [[ To the guy above me: Darkshire has been evacuated. ]]

[[Gah! I see that now. My eyes must have skipped over the last part of that last sentence.]]

Deleted

As the little band of heroes entered the fog, it felt as if they dumped into a basin of icy water. The cold penetrated their flesh, and fastened itself to their very bones, shaking their very structure. In here, they were blind, deaf, and unable to feel anything but the biting, piercing cold. Though, not far ahead the fog seemed to disperse, leaving them in what appeared to be a whole new world. Inside the fog, there was no light. Even the sky was consumed by the hatred of the fog. In here, the trees, the grass, even the ground appeared to be dead.

Turning around the corner, a little girl came walking towards them. She had long blonde hair, and she appeared to be playing with a ball, bouncing it slowly up and down. It was as if she was moving in slowmotion. The child's laughter echoed inside the heroes heads. Slowly, she lifted her head to look at them. It was hard for them really to see her through the fog, that seemed to dance around her. Her icy whispers reached them.. The whispers, of a little girl.. "New... playmates..." As she was laughing the fog grew thicker, and she vanished before their very eyes..."