WSG tied win system???

So this really confuses me and I just want to see what you guys think. Warsong gulch rewards the team that caps their flag last in a tied match with a victory.
    To me this seems odd.. Shouldn't the team that was quicker to cap win? What makes the team that caps last more deserving?

Does this seem fair?? Why or why not??

Re: WSG tied win system???

Lifes a bitch and then you die. And then ress.

10+ Year Old Account

i thought it was

1:0 1 wins
    1:1 both lose
    2:0 2 wins
    2:2 both lose
    2:1 2 wins
    3:0 3 wins
    3:1 3 wins
    3:2 3 wins

i thought it was

you thought wrong
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    i thought it was

no it might have been before but now in a draw and time runs out whoever capped the last flag wins. so if its 1-1 and horde capped last flag they win

Half of it is to prevent the whole "cap one flag, turtle for 25 mins knowing that the enemy would have to cap two flags to win", the other half is to reward the team that makes the comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    i thought it was

..and Blackjack pays 3:2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Half of it is to prevent the whole "cap one flag, turtle for 25 mins knowing that the enemy would have to cap two flags to win", the other half is to reward the team that makes the comeback.
    ^^ This, all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    I kind of see your point with the turtling. 1-0 could easily turn into a turtle match however I do believe there should be better solutions in place to prevent it. I do see turtling as a separate issue and don't think its a good idea to factor that into who wins the match. In the end to me it seems like the quicker team should be rewarded and not punished for unrelated issues.

Deleted

If its who capped the flag first, then if you cap it, it effectively puts the other team 2 flags behind to not lose.

If you make it so the last team to score wins, then it encourages more offensive play, because both teams are in danger of losing, you cannot just sit on your 1:0 up and know the other team have a shitload of work to do to win.

When they added the time limit to WSG it was whoever capped first wins... They it turned into a turtle, and the game was basically won by whoever capped the first flag. They changed it a few patches ago to try to speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    If its who capped the flag first, then if you cap it, it effectively puts the other team 2 flags behind to not lose.

If you make it so the last team to score wins, then it encourages more offensive play, because both teams are in danger of losing, you cannot just sit on your 1:0 up and know the other team have a shitload of work to do to win.
    I like this O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Writhes
    I kind of see your point with the turtling. 1-0 could easily turn into a turtle match however I do believe there should be better solutions in place to prevent it. I do see turtling as a separate issue and don't think its a good idea to factor that into who wins the match. In the end to me it seems like the quicker team should be rewarded and not punished for unrelated issues.
    In many cases the "quicker" team is just the side that started with a full 10 people

The whole "turtle" argument was short-sighted.. because now it turns into the second team caps and then turtles. It's still my favorite BG but turtles still happen. It's a side effect of having two teams with a single objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellpower Monkey
    The whole "turtle" argument was short-sighted.. because now it turns into the second team caps and then turtles. It's still my favorite BG but turtles still happen. It's a side effect of having two teams with a single objective.

Remove it alltogether....god damn abomination of a battleground >
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Thx_138 - you didn't say anything so I'm not sure what you are getting at. My point is there is that as soon as a team gets a cap, there is incentive to turtle. If the other team manages to cap, then they have incentive to turtle. The change in how you win WSG was made with the hopes to place a time limit and at the same time to discourage turtling. The idea didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!