Thread: Tanking OS

Tanking OS

So I decided to switch out my kitty set for a tank set. I need help, what should I be looking for, are my spec/glyphs okay. Gemming, enchanting etc.

Please ignore how I have the 24 stam gems, mostly because atm I am to poor to afford them. And also note that I am working on getting black heart to replace the other trinket.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dorei&n=Rhozan
    The dust dreams of the world it had once been. But the dust, alas, does not command the wind.

Re: Tanking OS

I can't ever just get help outside the guide can I?
    The dust dreams of the world it had once been. But the dust, alas, does not command the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom588
    There is no reason to open a new thread w/o a real question, just read the guide.

I'm sure you could get help if you asked about something not already answered in said guide.

15+ Year Old Account

checked. glyths are oke and spec is oke. cant check gear as u wear restoO gear

TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

The questions you're asking are very common and are in the guide. Is it too much to ask to educate yourself ?

Go read the guide and you'll find your answers and if you have a question afterwards we'll gladly help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tréasha
    You don't even know what kind of gear or raid composition he has, yet you are telling him to drop Infected Wounds (a HUGE survivability talent) to pick up 3/3 KotJ and drop ILotP for 2/3 in Improved Mangle. The only reason anyone might consider using this spec is if they are guaranteed to have another feral druid in the group that supplies ILotP and another player in the raid that will always be attacking your target that can apply the 20% reduced attack speed debuff. If you can't guarantee those two things then the above spec is completely worthless. You sacrifice 2 survivability talents for 2 threat talents that you don't even need when you have the MSS spec from the Resto tree. If you completely out-gear the content you are running then I suppose it's fine to drop survivability for damage/threat increase, but otherwise you are just putting more burden on your healers and taking away a lot of your raid utility.

@OP
    Your spec is fine as long as you are running with 4 piece T10 and you don't have any threat issues. If you do not yet have the 4 piece bonus you should probably migrate the 5 points from KotJ and Improved Mangle over to the Resto tree and get MSS for 4% increased physical damage. Also, unless you are just tanking heroics with a bunch of aoe groups the Maul glyph is relatively useless. Replace it with Mangle for threat if taunting is not a concern in the fight or Growl if you are required to do taunt swapping.

Can't comment on your gear/gems/enchants since you logged out in a mix of resto pvp and pve gear. Unless you make most of your money by Skinning I would definitely drop that for a more raid friendly stat boosting profession like JC, Enchanting, Blacksmithing or even Engineering. Leatherworking is the 2nd best profession for bears looking to max EH since it gives 62 stam vs. 60 for most of the others and 63 for JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tréasha
    No, just No.

You did pick up Master Shape Shifter, well done. That is good.

King of the Jungle is junk for tanks and even worse when you do not have 4pc T10.

2/3 in Improved Mangle is a complete waste, you either go 3/3 or 0/3.

Please do not ever suggest that a bear tank should skip Infected Wounds, its almost mandatory. Reason being? You can not gaurantee that the person your used to applying this debuff is going to be there all the time - holding your hand. Not taking Infected wounds is like a caster not taking a talent that "Increases there spell power by 20%" - Its.just.stupid

Sorry about the gear, could have sworn I logged out in feral. Thank you for the advice, and my feral set is now on the armory.