Poll: did you get hacked in wow or any other mmo in past 5 years and when?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Wow accounts hacked poll!

I got hacked once i was downloading some sweet furry por-....
    I mean i was just sitting around my house and a troll stole my password.. needless to say i got an authenticator just to be safe.. never been hacked tho
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Quote Originally Posted by Flabb
    No WoW accounts have ever been hacked.

I luckily never got hacked so far, knock on wood, and for that I'm glad

It's funny though if you watch the poll, how more ppl get hacked while the years have been passing.. More hackers these days than ever, or those that are hacking are just more busy
    "6 years of wow, you still haven't learned not to stand in the fire?"

10+ Year Old Account

Hacked/messed with back in 2005 when I first joined. Friend watched me type in my information and went home later that day to strip her clean and take only the 10g he made off me. (which was alot back then). Its ok though, I was only level 56 and I was carried through MC to get better gear so by the time GM's gave me my stuff back I was full t1 and level 60.

What's with everyone being an ass and playing word games with the word "hacked"? You know what the OP means. You're not looking cool by trying to correct him/her.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

I just got hacked last week, even though I am an IT professional and I have more protection than most people have. I scanned my pc with a ton of different programs, and there was no keylogger found. So YES you can get hacked.

Even more weird was that my account was frozen for months.. hackers paid with a fake or stolen credit card to renew subscription (which was eventually canceled because of that, but they had control of the account long enough to steal everything). Anyway I got everything back in just few hours.

Advice: Keep your wow password different from every other password you have for websites or email accounts.

Because my account was frozen, I didn't think anyone would bother, so I used to have a common password.. which I think lead to it being hacked.

10+ Year Old Account

Got hacked last year because IIRC there was a Flash/Java vulnerability and I was a lazy ass and never updated my programs.
    Then I got an authenticator,run update checks regularly and I've been good so far.

*Knock on wood*

ironically, after i made this thread today in the morning i got hacked during this poll

anyway vote vote

Got hacked just yesterday. Not only did the hacker steal my account, but he also got me banned for 72 hours and deleted all my 80s. My shaman had over 6200 GS so it wasnt like i just level and not raid. Kinda sux balls

I haev never been hacked, and I have never had any AntiVirus on my PC either. I don't even try to think I am completely safe, but I do play smart. I also re-image my PC every month or so. I also use TOR/Vidalia to spoof my IP and I have a testbed PC that I use to download anything I need/want.
    [CENTER]