Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Much needed explanation (and venting)

I'm sorry you have a mentally handicapped child but if everyone had to change every slang word they said because someone may have someone in their family with a problem, a problem themselves, or an opinion in general, no one would speak.....at all.

Slang is slang, I doubt anyone has a handicapped child in their head when they say it. I doubt when they say queer or gay they are truly thinking that person is a homosexual. Can't take everything too personally.

No matter how many handicapped people are out there, retard is slang and it's not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsgamer
    Much needed explanation (and venting)
    These types of politically correct bullshit rants are more offensive than any "insulting" word or phrase.
    You sound like a disgusting human being, and if I may say so, quite RETARDED! and gay too (just for good measure, another word ppl QQ about)

10+ Year Old Account

My name's Tykku and I approve this message.

Spoiler alert: OP probably used to say "retard" a lot until his child was born with a mental disability.

Spoiler alert: Just because you have a child, or know someone who has a child, with a mental disability, doesn't mean you're any less of a hypocrite for suddenly finding Jesus and getting butthurt when people call each other retards. Go white knight somewhere else.

And yeah, I have a close friend whose daughter is mentally handicapped. Rather than suddenly do an about-face and start bawww'ing when someone on tv gets called a retard, she made sure her kid understood that it's used as an insult, and uses it as such. Her kid isn't retarded, she's mentally handicapped, because these days, nobody actually calls the mentally handicapped "retarded kids". It's been turned into an insult. Get over it.

TL;DR: If we're playing the "Let's all be politically correct game," it's not PC to call the mentally handicapped "retarded." It's been turned into an insult, and more importantly, most people who get their panties in a twist over it are giant hypocrites who most likely ran around calling everything a retard until they popped out a kid with a mental disability. Now suddenly it's not cool.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Quote Originally Posted by gainman
    nobody cares about your retarded son

[Banned]
    This is why I love people like Bahamut....

Obvious Achievement Whore is Obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoopsy
    these days, nobody actually calls the mentally handicapped "retarded kids". It's been turned into an insult. Get over it.
    /thread