Thread: Thunderstorm

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Thunderstorm

I've become more and more furious about it, and how it only works 50% of the time.

Does it have the same problem Vanish has? Client->Server communication? I keep having situations in PvP where this one escape ability doesn't bloody work, I might be lucky if it even punts people five feet.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Thunderstorm

I've had it fail on stunned or rooted targets but I think that's by design

10+ Year Old Account

It punts them directly away from you, and very slightly upwards. They keep going till they hit the ground. It's designed so that on perfectly flat terrain, you'll punt them about 15 yards or so.

The terrain in WoW is almost never flat. If you punt them into an uphill slope, they'll hit much sooner, and possibly almost instantly. If you punt them DOWN a slope, well, that's cause for much giggling. Especially if the slope is a cliff.

The spell is working perfectly fine. There's some minor client issues you'll see now and then, but that's mostly them getting a couple hits in as they're sailing away, due to lag between your two systems and the server. But if you're punting them and they don't go far, well, either they've got a move to get them instantly back to you (rogue shadowstep/warrior charge/etc) or you punted them into the ground rather than away from you.

And if it's the latter, it's not the spell that's not working right, it's you.

Yea, I was PvPing yesterday and at the BS. A rogue opened up on me and I tried to TS him away and there was this little bump in the ground like 5 yards behind him... Needless to say he caught the bump and well :P

sometimes mine doesn't work at all. I'll be at lumber mill in my usual spot for blasting people off and it'll hit them and it won't even register i've seen it happen with Locks, Rogues, Paladins, and Warriors most often. I get that little hiccup sometimes where they'll hit upward terrain and only get punted a few feet and i also think some of those classes have moves that can cancel it out someone like if they charge at the right time or cloak of skill could be up but for some reason it doesn't work 100% of the time even on level terrain...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

I've had this happen to me a lot also. It's as if the game didn't register the knockback. Thunderstorm does its damage but fails to deliver the gtfo. We'll both be on flat ground and they won't even get blasted back an inch. I'm not certain, and this is probably wrong but would using it while someone has abilities like berserker rage make them immune to knockbacks? It's the only explanation I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant
    I've had this happen to me a lot also. It's as if the game didn't register the knockback. Thunderstorm does its damage but fails to deliver the gtfo. We'll both be on flat ground and they won't even get blasted back an inch. I'm not certain, and this is probably wrong but would using it while someone has abilities like berserker rage make them immune to knockbacks? It's the only explanation I have.
    Or perhaps you're using the glyph? :

Does the jumping tactic still screw over thunderstorm? cos that used to be a factor also...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I learned that, in order for the victims to properly fly, there must not be any kind of obstacle or terrain elevation between the target and wherever u want to toss them.

If there is even the SLIGHTEST change in terrain height, it will not work.

Also it does not work on Rooted targets (also Earthbind's root) and, SOMETIMES, on stunned/incapacitated targets.

GL

10+ Year Old Account

AB and eye of the storm is fun....